Hassat Hunter

Bugs and minor inconveniences with TSLRCM 1.8.4

Thank you for your kindness, dear Admin. I know I have broken the rules but it's frustrating when every person who makes a new thread, rather than reply in this one, gets their answer, and we are ignored when we follow the rules and make a post in the thread designed for it.

It's not a bug.

It's not a bug.

Ah, it actually is not... for some reason, LS characters get -2 to all Force Power cost, including universal powers, and DS get +2, but this effect is only applied in that particular place. Seemed buggy to me. Thank you for your answer and my apologies.

Let Zbyl handle that since it seems Polish, but the Azkul head thing is well known from loading a savegame while the fight is ongoing.

Ah, it actually is not... for some reason, LS characters get -2 to all Force Power cost, including universal powers, and DS get +2, but this effect is only applied in that particular place. Seemed buggy to me. Thank you for your answer and my apologies.

It happens to other areas too, most notably Korriban and Dantooine

Let Zbyl handle that since it seems Polish, but the Azkul head thing is well known from loading a savegame while the fight is ongoing.

It happens to other areas too, most notably Korriban and Dantooine

Ah, good ol' KotOR still has things I don't know about. I suppose it could be justified in-lore if one tries hard enough, too.

1) When did the problem begin to occur?
Right after training Bao-Dur (dark side)

2) Did you install the latest version of the mod?
Yes

3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, 4CD, KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version?
Steam

4) Did you update your game as required by your game's region?
Yes

5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the TSLRCM's read-me file?
Fresh installation

6) Did you use the TSLPatcher, if provided?
Yes

7) Were there any errors in the TSLPatcher installation?
None that I noticed

8) What other mods did you have installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)
Partyswap 1.2a: http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/544-partyswap/

Hanharr's Jedi Training: http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/297-hanharrs-jedi-training/ (but I deleted a texture file from the mod thinking it was causing a problem; now every time I train him, he's just a grey model. Shouldn't be related though)

Remote Tells Influence (no longer able to get the link to download, sorry)

9) Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen?
I got Bao-Dur up to 100% influence with my dark side character (so he has the Darth Maul tattoos and all). I train him and I get the little cinematic on the Hawk. After training him, a clone of him is stuck in the middle of the garage. The clone cannot be interacted with nor can I find a way to despawn it. The real Bao-Dur is still working on the wall as usual and I can interact with him normally.

10) Have you tried re-downloading the mod?
No

11) Have you tried using a different save game?
Yes, conveniently I had one before training him and I got the same result every time

12) Have you tried starting a new game?
No (in the process - currently at Atris's academy as of my last save, trying to get Bao-Dur dark side again)

13) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.)
Windows 7

So, I know it's explained in the game how Kreia is like Exile's "shadow" and is able to hide her presence, but I think her scene on the Hawk where she's being a creepy stalker of the Disciple while he's in the medbay could use some work.

She stands there in the open and he can't see or sense her, that's ok. But since she has the Force Camouflage, having her use that would work better. Then have her uncloak when he walks back into the bay, and recloak as he turns around again, rather than have her completely pop out of existence.

I would disagree. The cutscene gets it's point across now, it would look very silly if she just stood there cloaked, ruin the entire point.

Ok, this is a new one

As soon as I got to Citadel Station and had the chance to talk to Kreia

Yes

3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, 4CD, KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version?
Steam

Yes

5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the TSLRCM's read-me file?
Fresh installation

Yes

None that I noticed

8) What other mods did you have installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)
Partyswap 1.2a: http://deadlystream..../544-partyswap/

I simply cannot ask Kreia anything other than "What do you know about the Sith that pursue us?"

Which means I can't get the scene where she talks about how she was once Darth Traya. Will update later on if I can learn about the Force (only at Telos military base atm)

No

No

Not yet

13) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.)
Windows 8

Starting new game, I play the game until I need to save, load the save and I am a different character, male figure with female portrait, lvl 12, with a lightsaber and a kill-blaster/laser, latest version of tslrcm, windows 8, on steam, tried with other mods and then just this one both didn't work, I have uninstalled the game, reinstalled didn't change, tried three times starting a new save and game nothing changed. 

Not a bug.

Interesting that it is not a bug considering that has never happened before. Very well.

Also, my game is frigging cursed or something.

Right before the second trip to Iziz (dark side)

Yes

Steam

Yes

5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the TSLRCM's read-me file?

Fresh installation

Yes

None that I noticed

As soon as I completed the Tomb of Freedon Nadd (team of Bao-Dur, Visas, and GO-TO) I was introduced to the Basilisk, but the conversation immediately ended and I got an alert saying something like "This conversation either has no start node or an end node. Please see a designer!"

I suspect it has something to do with Partyswap, as that would be where it asks if I want Handmaiden with me if memory serves

No

Yes

Not yet

Windows 8

Starting new game, I play the game until I need to save, load the save and I am a different character, male figure with female portrait, lvl 12, with a lightsaber and a kill-blaster/laser, latest version of tslrcm, windows 8, on steam, tried with other mods and then just this one both didn't work, I have uninstalled the game, reinstalled didn't change, tried three times starting a new save and game nothing changed. 

its a problem with the Aspyr update of the game... it conflicts with certain mods and makes your game act awol (have you used KSE with this saved game, I started having the same issues once I edited a game with KSE)

It's the new version though, true.

As soon as I completed the Tomb of Freedon Nadd (team of Bao-Dur, Visas, and GO-TO) I was introduced to the Basilisk, but the conversation immediately ended and I got an alert saying something like "This conversation either has no start node or an end node. Please see a designer!"
I suspect it has something to do with Partyswap, as that would be where it asks if I want Handmaiden with me if memory serves

That's generally a conflict with language versions. What version TSL do you use? It might be the mod was just made with the english TSL in mind.

Found something rather humourous

Loading a quicksave before starting the Battle of Khoonda

Yes

Steam

Yes

Fresh installation

Yes

None that I noticed

I agreed with Azkul that I would work for him and so sabotaged Khoonda's defenses. I made a quicksave standing in front of Adare and Zherron, then went back to Azkul to begin the assault. I got into the duel with Vrook, and decided to reload the quicksave mid-duel. Interestingly, my character began attacking Vrook as he was standing next to Adare, though he was not marked as red and his HP would not drop below 1. I still got the message from Kreia that he was using the Shien form and I learned that. I then fought for Khoonda and allowed Azkul to take over at the end. Vrook then taught another lightsaber form and did not die

No

Not really applicable in this case

Yes, but I used warp codes to get there instantly

Windows 8 

Hi, I've noted that "Force Enlightment" doesn't work properly. It seems to not add completely the entire bonuses of saving throws and Defense. I tried to see differences using the various powers, and I understand that:

The Defense is increased only of 4 (by Speed) but not of 6 more (by Armor)

Saving throws are increased only of 6 (by Armor) but not of 5 more (by Valor)

Saving throws seems to be correctly increased by Attributes improvement (Valor)

Attributes are correctly increased by Valor (+5)

Using Armor, Valor and Speed individually one after other, the bonuses and improvements are added correctly, except for Armor, that doesn't add Defense.

I'm using 1.8.4 version with no other mods.

Cap?

As I said, activating Armor Valor and Speed singulary, one after other, bonuses to Sav Thr work perfectly.

For example, activating the 3 powers this way, I reach 50 Fortitude Sav Thr. Using Force Enlight, I reach only 45.

The only bonus that never work anyway is Def of Force Armor.

So what cap there is, using Enlightment...?

Another thing: I've noted that Finesse: Lightsaber feat is added automatically to my list (with no information about at any level up), and I didn't choose it.

Even if "THX", about this free present, I would know if it is normal that the feat is added this way, and why XD

It's the same with casting them individual, I've tried it many times, it depends on your other bonusses wheter the full amount is given or just partial, and in those cases it's due to an unexplained bonus cap. Nothing is broken, even though if you search forums you can see people complaining one of them is (like "force armor does nothing!")

And no, that would not be normal, and isn't something the base game (should) do(es).

Thanks, yes, I've seen online that Force Armor seems to be broken always, in defense increasing.. This was this way since the original game..

I don't know so, why there is this cap.. my sav throws are increased by some equip also, perhaps there would be something that enters conflict with the correct power effectiveness.. anyway, this makes Enlightment a few less useful power! XD

About the feat, I've played more times entire game (quickly, only to see) and every times seems that Finesse Lightsaber is appearing automatically in the list.. It seems to appeare, as I could understand, after completing "lightsaber" quest or after upgrading to prestige classes or reaching level 20 (total).. it never be announced to be added automatically, and this happens the same if you play like Weapon Master, Marauder or Watchman.. I've to try others.. I don't know now, if it really works as a selected feat!

I don't know if someone else had the same strangeness..

About the feat, I've played more times entire game (quickly, only to see) and every times seems that Finesse Lightsaber is appearing automatically in the list.. It seems to appeare, as I could understand, after completing "lightsaber" quest or after upgrading to prestige classes or reaching level 20 (total).. it never be announced to be added automatically, and this happens the same if you play like Weapon Master, Marauder or Watchman.. I've to try others.. I don't know now, if it really works as a selected feat!

I don't know if someone else had the same strangeness..

I know that there's some feat like that that you get automatically when you get your prestige class, but I think that it was Weapon Focus: Lightsaber. Could be wrong though.

Yes Eauxps, Weapon Focus is added at prestige class.

But Finesse would not be added automatically, as instead seems to be (in all my games, at least). Even if it is not reported to be added automatically at any level up, I find it already obtained in my list: at some level up, when I can choose a feat, I see that Finesse is already added. It happens as I said before, at one of those game moments (to me at least, I repeat). And at that point, I cannot (obviously) select it as a feat again, even if I never selected it before. It's like it's really already added, even if I cannot see anyway then, if the feat works really or not.

Again, it is not reported that Finesse is added by some equip, or at some level up or for some attributes particularity... so that's why I don't understand how it's possibile... XD

And anyway, I don't know if this happens only to me or to someone else...

Hm, interesting. If your dexterity is higher than your strength, you can look at the combat breakdown (accessible from the Messages Log found in your journal), and that might tell you if the feat is working or not. I don't have any other ideas, though.