LancerChronics

Worth Uploading? Slim Sabers mod.

Basically, I'm not a big fan of the fatter saber blades that most mods are offering, So, I adjusted the colors of the thinnest in game blade, then slimmed that down. Made some new variations on color. Take a look. Think they are worth the upload? Only took me a few hours, so I dunno..  Color descriptions/reasonings in the readme.

Fg569DC.jpgR40eKGQ.jpg8B9OFbe.jpgclkdAKb.jpgF9AAQCj.jpg

"Read me"

Slim Sabers v1.0 (The Only Version!)

Creator: LancerChronics
---------------------------------------------------------
Description: Simple mod, not even all that special. I like my sabers on the slim side, but everyone else seems to aim for a fatter blade. So, I took the thinnest I could find from the game files, tweaked the color for each type, and then slimmed it down a hair after that. It was all for myself, but I decided to share.

NOTE: This only alters the blade.

In the Screenshots, the hilts are from OldFlasher's Replacer packs and Qui-gon Jorn's TOR Series Sabers.
---------------------------------------------------------
The Sabers! (So much easier to look at the screenshots)

Red: Given a slightly less red hue to better fit Visas's clothing.

Blue: An accident, but I like it! Reminds be of that awesome high powered blue laser.

Purple: The reason I began this, I like my blades more of a ture purple, not pink.

Green: Green with a slight blue halo, also an accident, but its different.

Silver: Really hard to change only slightly...I lowered the halo on it...I think. I actually made it from the original purple texture..

Cyan: Denser look...More Icy?

Yellow: More Yellow!

Orange: More Yellow!

Viridian: Was my favorite when I started, now my least favorite...It's better, in my opinion, but more minty.

Go ahead.

I wont use them (I like my fat sabers... hehe), but I'm sure others will like it and download it.

And not every mod needs to be worked on for years before it can be hosted here ;)

LancerChronics, can you make you saber blades in your proposed mod flicker like they do in the movie?

I have to butt in and ask, where's that Handmaiden skin from, I've been hunting it for years without success.

Kainzorus, I just did a search for that this morning, having remembering having seen it it over at Filefront once upon a time. I believe what you're looking for is Handmaiden Reskin by Kaiden Verak.

I apologize for the delay.

sorry gentlemen, you are both wrong.

The body is a retexture and remesh by Stoffe, found here:

http://www.algonet.se/~stoffe/maidenlook.zip

It also makes her breasts larger.

However! I then swapped out the head textures for the ones from Veridian Echo, gratiously provided by MrPhil's Link. This makes her face much more colorful. The combined effect is my favorite for her.

Finally, I'm afraid I might not be able to make them flicker..AS so far, I've only figured out how to adjust the blade colors via GIMP. The mod was mostly for me, but thought I'd see if there was any interest from others. It also doesn't transfer to other mods that flicker, as the textures don't fit with the necessary models needed to do that. And I can't alter someone else's file without their permission. I personally dislike the flickering, as I find it distracting.

Isn't the flicker caused by making the texture animate with nothing to do with the model. All you'd have to do is turn the texture into an animated file which requires duplicating the image in the texture a few times and applying the .txi ..  I believe it was procedural cycle.

Isn't the flicker caused by making the texture animate with nothing to do with the model. All you'd have to do is turn the texture into an animated file which requires duplicating the image in the texture a few times and applying the .txi ..  I believe it was procedural cycle.

Proceduretype cycle, but close. And they would have to separate the flicker animation. Personally, I'm not a fan of the flicker. When I first saw it, I thought my hardware was going craps on me...:|

Proceduretype cycle, but close. And they would have to separate the flicker animation. Personally, I'm not a fan of the flicker. When I first saw it, I thought my hardware was going craps on me...:|

I prefer flicker, but it's a matter of opinion. (I actually go out of my way to make sure it's flickering or I feel the game looks too unrealistic..)

As you can see by how basic this mod is, i don't know much about modding. BUT I did note that whenever I accidently left a TXI file from a flickering saber mod in my Override, with one of the saber blades i made, there were severe graphical deformities in the blade.

I see. Well your mod should be fine as long as users remove the .txi from their override (as they should in the first place since it corresponds to a different texture altogether)