Guest GarfieldJL

Force Unleashed 2 (may contain spoilers)

Guest GarfieldJL

Well I managed to get a copy of the novel today. I'm not going to say how it ends or anything that may spoil it, I will say if the game is anything like the hardcover novel it will either be something you will either like or hate.

As long as I get to toss troopers around like ragdolls, I will enjoy it.

Nah. First one was good until we got to the Death Star. And I still hate Proxy.

I will probably play the game when it comes out, but if you ask me, they should have ended TFU on one game, and I don't think there's anything that could change my mind.

I will be getting it when it comes out ;) But how there going to fit it in I don't know. I mean Vader found him as a boy so about 4/5 years older then Luke max. In the game he was around the same age as Luke in the films. So there saying he can beat mutiple jedi, start the rebel alliance and do the 2nd games plot in that timespan? Forget Superman, this guy must move twice his speed.

Putting that aside, I love the gameplay of it =D Although why they didn't just set it with a new plot 500 years later I don't know.

Guest DH-010

The first game takes place a couple of years before Episode IV, because Leia is still a child in the game. I think there's still plenty of space between the first game and Episode IV...

Anyway, I'll buy it too ;)! Greatly enjoyed the first game.

The second game takes place 6 months after the first, and Leia looks about 15 in the first one, which makes it 4 years before Episode IV.

Guest GarfieldJL
I will be getting it when it comes out :D But how there going to fit it in I don't know. I mean Vader found him as a boy so about 4/5 years older then Luke max. In the game he was around the same age as Luke in the films. So there saying he can beat mutiple jedi, start the rebel alliance and do the 2nd games plot in that timespan? Forget Superman, this guy must move twice his speed.

Putting that aside, I love the gameplay of it =D Although why they didn't just set it with a new plot 500 years later I don't know.

If you read the novel, it ties in fairly well. Also, Obi Wan Kenobi and Yoda weren't the only Jedi that survived the purge. Furthermore, the Alliance was supposed to be a farce to gather the Emperor's enemies to be wiped out, which ended up backfiring. The boy ended up becoming a martyr and inspiring them. I'm trying not to give the plot away.

Guest S4crifice

Well, you are lucky guys to have a copy of the novel...

In my country (Greece) a bookstore salesman told me that it hasn't been bar-coded yet and he cannot know when it will...(for my country).

it sucks.... and i can't believe noone has "shared" it on the net...

looks like i am going to have to wait a bit....:(

I just found out today that xbox has a playable demo. I downloaded and played it (it's the first level of the game) if it's the actual game first level it's nice not to start off with weak powers.

spoiler; the new mind trick power is a blast I had troopers jumping to their death

I originally picked up TFU for the Xbox360 which I never wound up playing. (What can I say? I'm not really a console person.) My wife picked up the "Ultimate Sith Edition" of the game for me last Christmas - it too has yet to opened and played. I'll have to get around to playing it eventually . . .

I will say that I have heard some of the music in the game is excellent but certain pieces however are very repetitive. (The track "General Kota and the Control Room Duel" springs to mind in regards to the repetitive one.)

Oh, believe me, if you like mass destruction of pretty much everything around you, you're going to want to open that up quick. If you like an interesting story, you will as well. Especially with 9 days until the sequel comes out...(no, I'm not a salesperson :?) )

That got to be the shortest game I've played in awhile, took me something under 7 hours to finish game.

If the only reason you're playing the game is killing enemies and destroying things in as many ways as you can you're gonna like it. Lot of combos and fun gameplay, even if it's getting repetitive at times. But the plot...

Plot was even worse than I expected. There were just so many things wrong with it. Khoota changed from a really-cool-character he was in TFU1 into whining-annoying-old-dude (there were some funny dialogs between him and Starkiller, though), and I have no idea what Yoda was even doing in this game, Boba Fett was just as unnecessary. Ah, and ending sucked (both of them), but I don't want to spoil it for you. And no, that's not even half of my complaints.

Edited by zbyl2

Doesn't come out in England till Friday :( but I've got it pre-ordered.

7 hours isn't too bad, I done Modern Warfare 2 in 5 D:

Doesn't come out in England till Friday :P

I hear that...

I haven't pre-ordered it, but purely for the reason that I'm going down to Game to get it as soon as I can to avoid the waiting for delivery.

And: Game completion in 5 hours? I've gotta restart Star Wars Lethal Alliance. 5 and 3 quarters is my record. And that's after the 109th time...

Well I was debating going down to the shop on release or pre-ordering. I'm putting my faith in play to get it to me on time xD

And yea sucks doing so quick; I'm going to search through all the maps for the holocrons to add some gametime to TFU 2.

I've heard the new Medal of Honour is suppose to have a quick campaign, I've got freinds saying they completed in 4 hours. I haven't got around to playing that one yet =P

That is the only problem with being such a good gamer :?) There's only a certain number of times you can beat your completion record before it just gets boring...

Guest S4crifice
Originally posted by zbyl2

Plot was even worse than I expected. There were just so many things wrong with it. Khoota changed from a really-cool-character he was in TFU1 into whining-annoying-old-dude (there were some funny dialogs between him and Starkiller, though), and I have no idea what Yoda was even doing in this game, Boba Fett was just as unnecessary.

Well, from the audiobook that i heard, the story did not suck that much, although yoda had like 3 lines of speech... eh, yoda and boba fett are like the grails of star wars, so i can't really blame them for using them...They want to tie the story with the old one, so bits of info here and there and the edges of the story are smoothed...

although a fact was the audiobook lasted 10 hours and you took 7 to finish the game... i feel like i lost 3 hours of my life:o

Is the novelization any good, by the way? Also, for those who read the book AND played the game, are there any significant differences that would make me want buy a book?

Spoilers below. You've been warned!

I know that they wanted characters from original trilogy make appearance in the game and I totally understand it, but being a recognizable character was the ONLY reason either of them got in. Both Yoda's and Boba Fett's roles were laughable. Boba did a job that could have been done by stormtroopers as well. And Yoda? I was excited when I've seen him in a game trailer because hey, who doesn't want love Yoda? Then I played the game and it turned out Yoda didn't do nor say anything interesting. Entire Dagobah level was in fact pointless, as was Starkiller's vision there.

Talking about movie's character, there was nothing wrong with Leia appearance even though it was really minor (and I would prefer Bail Organa in her place, but whatever). She did just what she was supposed to be doing in this time period.

Anyway, I think it would be much more interesting if instead of movie characters we could meet another Starkiller clone - if done well, it could be good for character development. And it could answer the question whether we're really clone or not (another disappointment with the game - clone-or-not matter was touched upon at least twice, but they never answered it. Guess I need to wait for TFU3? It better be good!).

Guest S4crifice

Well i haven't played the game (and most possibly i won't, i prefer games with scenario like kotor) but the novel was okay. As far as character development goes, i can safely tell you that half of the story revolves(is this the correct word?) around Juno and the other half around Starkiller. Juno stops being the ferryman,ahhh, ferrywoman, and gets some character depth. Leia herself gets some of the same too, not veeeery much, but sufficient( she is ~20 years old at the time), even proxy for god's sake. I don't really know the endings of the game but this one clearly left room for the FU3 though it diminished the boogieman-ness of Vader a tiny bit. And really if the scene with the space vessel is like in the promos then i think the novel is waaay better than that. I mean the DUDE sits on the falling cruiser, makes a force shield to protect himself, and when the things go bad he KA-POW... See for yourself to find out...:cool:

Spoiler warning again.

Do you mean that Leia actually gets some more screentime(?) in the book than two lines of dialog at the very end? And Juno does something more than get captured so Starkiller can go after her?

Oh, and ending didn't just "leave room" for TFU3 - it made TFU3 something that MUST happen IMO. And they better make Vader awesome again, because seeing Vader's ass kicked by his apprentice like that... NO. Just no.

Guest S4crifice
Originally posted by zbyl2

Spoiler warning again.

Do you mean that Leia actually gets some more screentime(?) in the book than two lines of dialog at the very end? And Juno does something more than get captured so Starkiller can go after her?

Oh, and ending didn't just "leave room" for TFU3 - it made TFU3 something that MUST happen IMO. And they better make Vader awesome again, because seeing Vader's ass kicked by his apprentice like that... NO. Just no.

Oh yeah, if that's what they did with Leia then there is definitely more of her in the book, and Juno is not a sidekick anymore, she is one of the protagonists in the book.

Much of her story is about after Starkiller was supposedly "one with the Force". Her getting captured is at the later part of the book and then again it's not like she is the dummy they carry around.

If you want you can read the prologue here, so you can get a picture of the narrative.

http://www.starwars.com/media/general/FU2_Prologue.pdf

Guest GarfieldJL

Spoiler Warning

Uh, didn't the apprentice beat up Vader in Force Unleashed 1?

Anyways, having read the book, I agree with S4crifice concerning Juno.

Spoiler Warning:

Her ship gets invaded by cloaked troopers and Boba Fett. Yeah, the same Boba Fett that had fought Darth Vader to a draw. Additionally, the ship Starkiller is supposed to ride down to Kamino on is a Nebulan-B Frigate which was Juno's ship. (I say was because the ship is kinda totalled on the way down).

Spoiler Warning

Uh, didn't the apprentice beat up Vader in Force Unleashed 1?

I didn't like TFU ending either. Still, having his ass kicked once was tolerable, seeing him lose to Starkiller again and lose hand (AGAIN) in the process... that's just too much.

I said this before and I'll say it again: they better make Vader awesome again in TFU3!

Edited by zbyl2

Guest S4crifice
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL

Additionally, the ship Starkiller is supposed to ride down to Kamino on is a Nebulan-B Frigate which was Juno's ship. (I say was because the ship is kinda totalled on the way down).

wow, you really spilled some bins there:D

Originally Posted by zbyl2

I didn't like TFU ending either. Still, having his ass kicked once was tolerable, seeing him lose to Starkiller again and lose hand (AGAIN) in the process... that's just too much.

I said this before and I'll say it again: they better make Vader awesome again in TFU3!

Starkiller has come to the point that he can do whatever he wants with the Force... The only way i can see him dying in the story is this: "Starkiller slipped and fell on his lit lightsaber....THE END" ;)

Or he could be cut off from the Force..boy that's never been done again...;)