Guest GarfieldJL

Force Unleashed 2 (may contain spoilers)

Guest GarfieldJL
Spoiler Warning

I didn't like TFU ending either. Still, having his ass kicked once was tolerable, seeing him lose to Starkiller again and lose hand (AGAIN) in the process... that's just too much.

I said this before and I'll say it again: they better make Vader awesome again in TFU3!

It is called being overconfident to the point of stupidity. Seriously, the reason Vader took the kid on as his apprentice is because he was so powerful. He originally thought there was a Jedi Master lurking around for goodness sakes if you'll look back at Force Unleashed 1's prologue. We aren't talking some random stormtrooper beating up Vader for goodness sakes. Furthermore, Vader has been fought to a standstill before by Boba Fett whom isn't even Force Sensitive for crying out loud.

***Spoilers***

I've finally been able to read your guys posts :) Been trying not to see the spoilers. Got it today and completed it, as Zbyl said it is quite short; completed it in 5 and a half hours :

I think from the ending TFU 3 is a guarentee. How does Vader escape? Is Starkiller a clone? What happens to Starkiller?(Why isn't he in the movies throwing Darth Sideous around =P) And what happens to General Kota?

Nice cliff hanger, although they could of made the game more value for money by adding it on the end. But then George Lucas wouldn't be rich if they did.

Meh, I say lets not consider TFU canon and its way better... Throwing an ISD around is just childish...

Guest GarfieldJL
Meh, I say lets not consider TFU canon and its way better... Throwing an ISD around is just childish...

Actually, it's been done before in the novel "Darksaber" only it was a fleet of Star Destroyers thrown a much larger distance and it temporarily disabled their drive systems in the process.

Also the ISD that Galen was bringing down in Force Unleashed 1 wasn't exactly in prestine condition. It had suffered some damage beforehand.

Yeah, well sometimes it is hard to consider Anderson and Hambly to be canon as well... I think the whole superweapon subject should not have been pushed that far...

Just finished it on the Wii in 7 hours 20 minutes exactly. I most certainly agree on the fact that they MUST have TFU3. And that Dagobah was pretty useless...And Juno needed to do more than get captured...[spoiler(S)] Why didn't Vader just use the Force to break free of the Rebels? I do like the way that they finished it back where they started though. Quite cool, in my opinion.

Edited by Mandalore
Typo

Guest Crazzyy

For me it was quite disappointing. It had more hack&slash than story. Juno, well Juno ... did she had something to say in the game, any VOs? Well TFU2 is dead, long live TFU3.

The game was very condensed compared to the book. I read the book first for which I'm glad because otherwise I wouldn't have had a clue as to what was going on and why I was just jumping around to these random places. Juno gets a much larger part in the book though. If you don't like the game, at least read the book.

I don't know, the whole series just feels fishy to me. Beating a game in less than a day is not something I want to do. If they made TFU3 into a true RPG and integrated some Resident Evil 4 death sequences into it, I'd play the hell outta it, and die just to see most of the death scenes. Having a color grid to pick your own saber colors would be a nice touch too.

I got the game for Christmas and was very disappointed in the short storyline, lack of different environments. Completed it in a matter of 5 hours. It's a shame because it could have been better than the first game in so many ways.

And the ending? Very disappointing! I just hope they put a little more effort into making a TFU3.

I borrowed it from a mate and damn am I glad I didn't waste pennies on it.

Guest Master Revan

Spoiler Warning

But what about the real Starkiller?

In the end of SWTFU 1 (At least the darkside ending) the emperor turns him into a slave.

What could have happened with him?

That's TFU Ultimate Sith Edition. Lord Starkiller goes around hunting down the Emperor's enemies.

That's TFU Ultimate Sith Edition. Lord Starkiller goes around hunting down the Emperor's enemies.

And that whole dark side "What if" scenario was the only thing I enjoyed about TFU series!

Guest HaVoKeR

I've seen all endings from both games (not played they entirely though) and i must say, galen marek/starkiller RoX hard, TFU 3 will happen with a saber-staff that can be separated into 2 blades or used like a single blade... listen to my words everyone.

What about this going to the movies, anyone knows if theres any chances of TFU in the screens? maybe in TFU 3 everyone get a memory wipe, thats why they never say anything about that glorious adventure of a courageous badassmothafuka like Starkiller. ^^

Guest DH-010

I think Darth Vader let himself be captured, it went a little too easy. I think Vader will be wreaking havoc in the beginning of TFU3... Maybe they decide TFU2's DS ending is canon instead of the LS ending, in that one Vader does win quite easily.

Also, for the record, Starkiller is not that powerful. He's just angry all the time. Starkiller couldn't even sense Yoda (arguably the most powerful Force-user ever) when he was right next to him and he was absolutely no match against Palpatine in TFU1.

I think Darth Vader let himself be captured, it went a little too easy. I think Vader will be wreaking havoc in the beginning of TFU3... Maybe they decide TFU2's DS ending is canon instead of the LS ending, in that one Vader does win quite easily.

Also, for the record, Starkiller is not that powerful. He's just angry all the time. Starkiller couldn't even sense Yoda (arguably the most powerful Force-user ever) when he was right next to him and he was absolutely no match against Palpatine in TFU1.

While he isn't that powerful, he has the POTENTIAL to be one of the most powerful. Like you said though, he's always angry about something, never being in control, so he'll likely never achieve a state of such power.

As for TFU3...I heard it got canned. Didn't it? They had some weird legal issues or some such nonsense going on during TFU2's development, and while they had a third planned, it got scrapped before it even got started. Mind you, this is only what I heard, and I'm sure money talks, though I'm not sure how well TFU2 sold. I know the first one sold like hotcakes, but I really only thought that was because it was on EVERY SYSTEM known to man (360, PC, PS3, Wii, Gameboy, PSP) Whatever, you name it, TFU was on it. They had a wide array of customers that's for sure. Keep in mind, this was a story I heard on Kotaku, and they've been known to stretch it sometimes.

UPDATE: http://kotaku.com/#!5614577/rumor-lucasarts-cancels-force-unleashed-3-begins-culling-developers?comment=27688668:27688668

Here's the link about TFU3.

Guest Master Revan

Guys... look to this note that I've found:

If you read the challenge notes, you would know that Starkiller actually is Starkiller...not a clone. It says that Vader found Starkiller after TFU and nursed him to health between TFU and TFU2...when he came to, that's when Vader tried to convince him and you(the audience) that he was a clone. Plus starkiller says this himself when he visits Vader in the light side ending, and states he can't be a clone because of free will. Also, Vader lies...*GASP* he told Starkiller that the cloning process had not been perfect because he was trying to brainwash him. So obviously he lied about saying he was a clone.

Here is the link:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fan_fic/news/?a=24791

Sega Mega Drive? :)

Hah. Well, every modern day system, at any rate. Also, speaking of old fashioned systems, that made me want to play the Super Star Wars games on the SNES. Those were some damn good games back in the day.

Guest S4crifice

Agreed on the anger management issues. On the yoda issue, remeber that Yoda had specifically chosen Dagobah for his exile because of the dark side cave that was there, which could mask his presence in the Force. So it's not really a wonder that Starkiller didn't sense him.

Also, i am having reservations about the fact that cloning process had not been perfected... Palpatine, 10 years after his death, reappears to challenge Luke Skywalker. And it was cerntain that he was using clone bodies to channel his spirit to. My thought is that even if he could possess a body, he could not be able to use the Force if that body did not have Force potential. That's why he had his own body cloned. Now the exact time that the cloning process was perfected is not known so it goes either way to if Vader was lying or not.

It's a good writing trick to leave the reader in doubt, so we won't know for sure until the next book.

Guest DH-010

Agreed on the anger management issues. On the yoda issue, remeber that Yoda had specifically chosen Dagobah for his exile because of the dark side cave that was there, which could mask his presence in the Force. So it's not really a wonder that Starkiller didn't sense him.

(..)

Okay, true that could have something to do with it. Still, I think a blind-folded (otherwise he'd see him, duh) Vader would know Yoda was there, 2 feet away, even with the energy from the cave.

Anyway, I don't know if I believe this cancellation rumor. They can't really do that. Well, they can, but they can't because of the ending. Off-course, this doesn't really match up with the start of Episode IV. If they don't make a TFU3 then they must say the Dark Side ending is canon; Vader wins, happy day for the Empire.

Guest S4crifice

Okay, true that could have something to do with it. Still, I think a blind-folded (otherwise he'd see him, duh) Vader would know Yoda was there, 2 feet away, even with the energy from the cave.

Yeah, ok. That's because Vader knows Yoda's imprint on the Force, whereas Starkiller has no idea...

Just wondering...Why would Vader, who has many mechanical parts, go to a swampy planet covered with deep forestation? To get rusty? ;)

It's somewhat of a disappointment to say the least. The first game was amazing, and I'm rather glad that instead of buying TFU2, I rented it from GameFly. I got it at about 9PM one night, played it until 2Am when I went to bed, then put it back in the mail because I was finished. Not like I didn't like the game, but finished like I beat the game.

It's fun, it's rentable, but I wouldn't buy it.

Guest Plastic

I don't know why, but I only liked the last level. I loved seeing Starkiller go absolutely bonkers. When I played it I would grit my teeth and I really went really aggressive. :)

However, I couldn't be bothered playing the rest of the game after I got to the end. I think it would have been better to leave it where TFU 1 left off. Starkiller dead, having sacrificed himself, (find some way to kill Kota off in something else).

Our copy of TFU2 has been traded in, while the original TFU is still with us.

That said, I will probably still play TFU3 when it comes, just to find out how it ends.

As you might guess, story drives me more than gameplay in a lot of situations.