Sign in to follow this  
DarthDaedric

Jedi Temple is actually semi-compatible

There are only two files that screw with M4-78

They are:

a_galaxymap.ncs

galaxymap_p.gui

Both of those are the problem. However, if you remove them from your override, you can play M4-78, you can either replace them when you're done, or just keep them out and use "Warp 954COR" to get the the Jedi Temple mod.

That said, is there anyway to fix these files to make them compatible?

If I have to remove and then replace files in order to make two mods work, then they're not compatible. It's an all-or-none thing for me.

I'll wait for an updated script.

From what I know the new script will make H4F/D4M, Jedi Temple and M4-78EP play nice together. Currently you can only use 1 of these

Will this mod ever be made compatible?

That should avoid any re-iteration:P

Edited by MrPhil

It won't be looked at until after TSLRCM 1.8.3 and the patch for M4-78 EP is released. That only makes sense, as you'll want the latest version to work with Coruscant...

Plus they are really busy with the aforementioned mods.

Idle curiosity, but is Coruscant a repurposed module which shares the location of M4-78, or is it a new module which just has no connection to the Kotor 2 game? 

The Jedi Temple (AKA Cosrucant) mod is a new module that uses the room that the Exile's trial occurred, plus some other repurposed rooms.

I see. Just curious really on whether one would have to rebuild it from scratch to not interfere with M4-78.

Basically I'm trying to find out how long it would take to work on without being too obvious about it ;) 

The area it uses is Dantooine subterranean enclave, if I'm not mistaken (plus the Coruscant trial one).

Yeah, that's right. They've just reskinned the bits that were collapsed on Dantooine with maintenance droids and suchlike.

That's why I did not like this mod in fact... If only he had used a different module, that would be mint. But it is pretty hard to make new modules. Not much modders are able to do so and most that do never release their new area mod (or at least not in working state): Disbeliever, Quanon, Canderis... Newbiemodder did release a few modules he made from scratch, though.

I think for what it is, it at least accomplished what it was designed to do. While it's a bit limited in its size, it makes for a great place to bolster your character,

by learning additional force moves to assist in the more difficult parts of the later game as well as one admittedly one-sided battle at the end

and some limited story. For me, the level never irritated me per se, although the predictability of the level layout kind of made it too easy.

So, if it's just editing the galaxy map, would it be relatively easy for someone to make the necessary changes so it works? I'm asking from a totally ignorant point of view. If it's complicated, then I understand..