Hassat Hunter

Bugs and minor inconveniences with M4-78EP

I'm having an issue much like one from earlier on this forum. I'm in the Industrial Zone playing as the exile (I had no issues playing as HK) with two party members and the lag is so bad that I can't move at all. Occasionally I can get the character to move but she jumps forward on the map and I can't control where she ends up. I've tried switching party members and going without them. I've tried disabling and enabling vsync, adding the Disable Vertex Buffer line into my ini, and I've got shadows and grass off. I've switched the graphics between high and low and it doesn't make a difference. I'm using the Steam version of the game and an Intel graphics card on Windows 7. Is there anything else I should be doing? Also, the only mods I'm using are the M4-78 mod and the most updated version of the TSLRCM.

I am wondering when M4-78 EP (and TSLRCM 1.8) will be updated/patched to address the issues described in this section?

What issues will be dealt with in the next patch?

I'm more than likely going to wait until there is an updated version of this before I even touch TSL again. That game's given me so much trouble, it's not even funny. : /

EDIT: Actually, I'll eventually try to get this working.  But I need to know if my problem is  caused by the original game files, or a mod I installed once. Should I just do a clean reinstall of TSL?

EDIT #2: Haha! I did a clean re-install, and I warped to M4-78, and that stupid error message didn't appear!

Edited by L0ki194

I added this to my impressions, but the M4-78 droids never appeared on Citadel during the Battle of Telos. Can't really elaborate on that, to be honest.

I got the problem that I won't find the bag of Vash on Korriban but instead finding her being dead in the cage. She "contains" a onehanded lightsaber and a datapad; thus, it is impossible to get T3-M4 telling me the position of M4-78.

I installed the TSLRCM and the M4-78 Enhancement Project after installing all the other mods (which are not very many) and TSLRCM is working fine and there are entries of M4-78 in the savegame globals when I open the savegame with KSE, too.

It'd be great if there was an easy solution to solve this problem, like changing globals with KSE (I didn't find the right one yet) without starting from the beginning of the game.

Here's a bug for you: I started my new game with TSLRCM 1.8.2 and M4-78 for the first time. Things were going pretty smooth, all was well, until I got to the chase scene with the Harbinger shooting at the Ebon Hawk. Following my orders to Atton to blow up the asteroids, we jumped to hyperspace... And proceeded to hit massive lag, both in the conversation between followers and the gameplay afterwards. Reloading the autosave set just after firing on the asteroids results in the conversation not occurring at all, though the lag is absent.

I saved just before the turret gameplay, though, so perhaps things will go correctly this time? 

I loved this mod so much I signed up so I could let you guys know what a great job you did on it!  It was a great addition to the game and fit in so seamlessly if I hadn't had to actually install it separately from the main game I wouldn't have noticed.  I did, however, notice a few bugs.  I've been playing the same mod 'cocktail' since TSLRCM 1.8 so I'll only report the bugs I noticed after I installed M4-78EP (which I did over a clean install of of TSL and TSLRCM 1.8.2, and installing all other mods afterwards).  I started a new game and played straight dark side.

1.  This is a weird one and I have no idea how it happened, but somehow all the Republic soldiers were turned into blaster turrets (the reskinned kind found on M4-78) the first time I installed the mod.  It was actually pretty humorous to watch the Onderon soldier in the Telos cantina arguing with a knee-high turret, but it was something that was certainly caused by this mod because when I uninstalled it the bug was fixed.  I did another clean install of everything and the bug didn't resurface. Very strange.

2.  When I brought T3 to be a cleaning droid, the droid who told me to bring him would not recognize he was in my group and continued to tell me to bring T3 to him.  I commend you on making more than one way to go about this planet, however, so it was easy to work around.

3.  I also experienced significant lag in parts of the industrial zone, but as someone who coped with the insanely terrible Dantooine lag before downloading the original TSLRCM, it didn't bother me as much.

4.  I chose the option to have M4-78 export fuel to Telos, but when I arrived at Citadel Station for the end game Grenn told me they hadn't found a solution to the fuel problem.

5.  The first time I tried the planet, IS-02 didn't appear in the diagnostics room after I rebuilt him.  After playing from an earlier save, he did and I was able to proceed normally.

That's all I noticed.  Cheers for making a mod more stable than the game it was based on!  I can't wait for the next patch!  I'm interested to see how the planet goes light side.

1) Sounds to me you had another mod modifying their looks, and with M4-78EP it overwrote the appearance.2da, and the asigned value was now a M4-78 one. A full re-install would clean said mod, which would explain why it looked fine then.

4) Did you actually go to Grenn afterwards to finalise the deal? Before starting the endgame?

5) Do you remember what choices you made rebuilding him? Same ones with the old save or others?

I'll see about 2.

4.  I chose the option to have M4-78 export fuel to Telos, but when I arrived at Citadel Station for the end game Grenn told me they hadn't found a solution to the fuel problem.

The same problem

4) Did you actually go to Grenn afterwards to finalise the deal? Before starting the endgame?

Yes. He said ok but then...

But then what? Use spoliers if you must.

Then

but when I arrived at Citadel Station for the end game Grenn told me they hadn't found a solution to the fuel problem.

Did you ship the fuel? There is a step you have to do after speaking with the kolto selling droids.

1) Sounds to me you had another mod modifying their looks, and with M4-78EP it overwrote the appearance.2da, and the asigned value was now a M4-78 one. A full re-install would clean said mod, which would explain why it looked fine then.

That's what I assumed too, and I thought it'd resurface when I reinstalled the other mods on my second clean install but it didn't.  I just can't figure out which one it conflicted with because to my knowledge I don't have one that changes the appearance of Republic soldiers (Dak's skin pack is the only one I can think would do it, but I don't think he reskinned them).

Yes, M4-78 as the last planet I played and I made sure to stop at Citadel station to turn in this quest and the Rodian/Devaronian bounty before I went to Dantooine.

5) Do you remember what choices you made rebuilding him? Same ones with the old save or others?

For the R&D and manufacturing I passed the persuade check both times.  At the testing stage the first time (when the bug ocurred) I just told the droids to attack the holographic targets until it told me I was finished.  The second time I made a hologram of the head testing droid and they shot him.

I have another question. In Ravager dying Sith Troops  make strange  sound. Just like grrrrrrrr by huge monstre. In Bridge section their dying sound is normal. This effect appears only with M4-78 installing.

Sorry if it had been discussed before (I did not go through the whole thread) but m4_78ep installes a hyperspace texture that is.....different to say the least. I am sorry to say that I do not like it. 1. It is glaring and 2. It doesn't fit so there is a crack going down the middle. Unfortunately removing it makes hyperspace stand still and putting in a txi file after removel,  while better, does not look as good as vanilla hypersace.

Did you ship the fuel? There is a step you have to do after speaking with the kolto selling droids.

Well, there is no option for fuel. Only for droid army... But I didn't ask M4-78 to build them.

028d21ed8ed4t.jpg

BTW what happened with avatars?

Sorry if it had been discussed before (I did not go through the whole thread) but m4_78ep installes a hyperspace texture that is.....different to say the least. I am sorry to say that I do not like it. 1. It is glaring and 2. It doesn't fit so there is a crack going down the middle. Unfortunately removing it makes hyperspace stand still and putting in a txi file after removel,  while better, does not look as good as vanilla hypersace.

That is a problem for me to, although in my case, it is that having this new hyperspace texture in the override causes the game to lag, even when not directly in the cockpit. Actually, it lags the conversation before too, the second the game loads in that module(the subtitles/dialogue options are there, but a black screen otherwise).

Well, there is no option for fuel. Only for droid army... But I didn't ask M4-78 to build them.

028d21ed8ed4t.jpg

BTW what happened with avatars?

While in my game I did want the droid army, I also asked about shipping the fuel(which surprised me, although I do like the option).

I don't think the droid in the landing arm as anything to do with that particular quest. I asked about shipping the fuel when first speaking with M4-78, and as per the quest, I went to Grenn right after. In going back to M4-78 and telling him of this, he mentioned sending fuel to Telos. I don't know if there is a problem with this, as I haven't reached the endgame yet.

Also, a text/dialogue error:

When returning to M4-78 after speaking with Grenn, M4 mentions sending the fuel to Telos...only the dialogue differs from what is spoken, though it's only a one word difference, I believe.

I don't think the droid in the landing arm as anything to do with that particular quest. I asked about shipping the fuel when first speaking with M4-78, and as per the quest, I went to Grenn right after. In going back to M4-78 and telling him of this, he mentioned sending fuel to Telos. I don't know if there is a problem with this, as I haven't reached the endgame yet.

Let us know when you do.

I'll look at the VO/ST mismatch...

Let us know when you do.

I'll look at the VO/ST mismatch...

Well, it seems there is an issue. Grenn mentioned the Fuel problem as if the quest had never been started. I don't know about where any Droids from M4-78 where supposed to be(if there are), but I didn't see any. I saved and stopped at the start of the Ravager Bridge.

I did go back and make sure of the Droid Army, which I would hope doesn't clash with the Fuel Shipment order

Another oddity would be Kreia mentioning Vrook's death upon finding the last Jedi Master(or rather on the Ebon Hawk after the planet's completion)...even though I did Onderon last(both parts). I don't know if this is because of M4-78, although I don't think I installed anything else that would've affected that.

Perhaps a new thread spelling out how to get the appropriate results for the droid army, fuel for Telos, and medical supplies for Telos is in order.