Sign in to follow this  
Vriff

TOR Q&A

I've played since launch, I have 4 50s, I've progressed through every raid in the game, etc etc

and I've seen a lot of people posting questions, and I thought I'd start a thread to answer any questions that anyone may have about SWTOR. I can answer questions about story, gameplay mechanics, classes, rotations, gear, etc.

What exactly does Story equipment mean? I read from Dulfy's site that the artifact unlock allows you to use PvP and Story gear. Is Story gear only for Story mode of ops or is it PvE gear in general?

What exactly does Story equipment mean? I read from Dulfy's site that the artifact unlock allows you to use PvP and Story gear. Is Story gear only for Story mode of ops or is it PvE gear in general?

It allows you to use purple gear, I assume dulfy means the gear that is rewarded in operations, yes.

Hold on, so you can only equip gear that drops in the operations themselves or you can equip gear that you can buy with comms that drop in the operations? I'm sort of confused right now...

But you can buy ops gear from the GTN.

I don't think you know what you're talking about, honestly. You can buy a few Black Hole/Hazmat pieces, but you can't afford that as f2p.

"Ops gear" is not just any purple artifact grade gear. It's that which drops in ops. Columi, Rakata, Campaign, and Dread Guard. The only parts of these you can buy on the GTN are small pieces like Ear/Implant/Relic/Belt/Bracers. No, you can't equip any of this without the authorization, nor is there a use to if you aren't able to do Operations.

Yeah well, in my defense I'll say that all my knowledge about endgame comes from the trailers and random videos on youtube. Anyway, I wanted to learn what does Story gear mean and you gave me an answer. Thanks.

Glad we have this thread so I need open another one. Here goes

a) I have a level 50 Jedi Consular (Sage) - with a concentration in the healing abilities. I got a mission - from somewhere - in my inventory that I right click and it tells me to go to Carrick Station. End result: I get 99 Tionese Commendations.

TioneseCommendations.jpg

Considering, I'm a Jedi Consular Sage, which of the items offered would you suggest I get?

B) How did I get that "inventory mission" in the first place? My wife plays TOR as well and she hasn't got it. If someone could tell me the name of the mission, I can just look up the information on one of the various sites like darthhater or torhead.

It's a new mission introduced in 1.6? You should get it on lvl 50 according to the patchnotes. Aside from that, don't know anything.

Glad we have this thread so I need open another one. Here goes

a) I have a level 50 Jedi Consular (Sage) - with a concentration in the healing abilities. I got a mission - from somewhere - in my inventory that I right click and it tells me to go to Carrick Station. End result: I get 99 Tionese Commendations.

TioneseCommendations.jpg

Considering, I'm a Jedi Consular Sage, which of the items offered would you suggest I get?

B) How did I get that "inventory mission" in the first place? My wife plays TOR as well and she hasn't got it. If someone could tell me the name of the mission, I can just look up the information on one of the various sites like darthhater or torhead.

This quest can be picked up from Carrick Station Supplies section, it might automatically appear when you hit 50, I don't know, I haven't had a new character hit 50 since it was released in 1.6. Honestly, it really doesn't matter what you buy, what I suggest is picking up all the Recruit MK-2 pieces, and replacing the worst pieces with the Tionese Force-Masters gear that will give you the best upgrade over the recruit. Get the 2 piece healing set bonus though, the 4 piece would be helpful too, but not necessary.

Yeah, you get that quest now automatically when you hit 50, so if you were already 50 it will appear, (I seem to remember it coming through the mail). Anyway, unless you are already in Columni or better, get the Tionese Force Mystic set, since you are a healer.

I skip the Tionese and start doing HM's to build up Black Hole comms in order to go straight to BH gear. Then I rip the mods out of that and put it in what I want to wear.

Yeah, you get that quest now automatically when you hit 50, so if you were already 50 it will appear, (I seem to remember it coming through the mail). Anyway, unless you are already in Columni or better, get the Tionese Force Mystic set, since you are a healer.

My problem with Hard Modes is that I am not in a guild and - quite frankly - I suck at most videogames so I need help through these things. But I'll definitely look into the Tionese set you suggested!

Doing endgame stuff without a guild will get you major headaches. Just a friendly warning.

Ya! Group Finder can be a serious pain sometimes..sometimes it gets the job done though.

And if you aren't currently in a guild atm SH, I have a proposition for you.

And if you aren't currently in a guild atm SH, I have a proposition for you.

E-mail me at my primary Gmail address your proposition at your earliest convenience! ;)

Is the game worth the subscription? I've never subscribed to any game before because I don't believe in subscriptions, but this is a Star Wars games and makes it an exception...

I currently play it on F2P, but I don't like being limited to what I can do at all, and so far the game is alright...

My advice? Don't subscribe. Maybe buy some cartel coin packs to remove the restrictions and become preferred status or wait and see if they'll remove the idiotic restrictions, but don't subscribe. If you plan to join a social guild, then you should sub because of the end game. Otherwise, no. I think it's just not worth it, not without a guild.

My advice? Don't subscribe. Maybe buy some cartel coin packs to remove the restrictions and become preffered status

However if the amount you'd spend on Cartel Coins is equal or greater than a 3 month subscription, you may as well spring for the subscription, no?

The problem is that after your subscription ends, you return to preferred status with all its restrictions. At least that's what subs tell me in-game.