Dark_Ansem

TSL HArdcoded stuff

well, we can make a list of what is not, lol the problem being hardcode isnt exactly understandable, i dont speak binary see :) can you clarify more on what you mean is hardcode?

hardcoded: that we cannot mod.

for example, can we make new feats?

or at least alter substantially existing ones so that we keep the same number of feats but make them more useful?

Everything is hardcoded unless otherwise noted.

Scripts, Textures, models, Items, modules, Waypoints, Characters, Dialogs, dialog.tlk entries and some GUI elements are not hardcoded.

Everything else is.

• Like 1

Everything is hardcoded unless otherwise noted.

Scripts, Textures, models, Items, modules, Waypoints, Characters, Dialogs, dialog.tlk entries and some GUI elements are not hardcoded.

Everything else is.

you don't mention Force Powers or item properties. nor if it is possible to create new "fully upgraded" items. nor new classes.

also, that is not a direct answer to my question. would my idea work ot not for feats?

you don't mention Force Powers or item properties. nor if it is possible to create new "fully upgraded" items. nor new classes.

also, that is not a direct answer to my question. would my idea work ot not for feats?

Force Powers are scripted, so that covers that.

Item Properties are hardcoded.

Classes are not hardcoded, although it seems to make a certain class have Force Powers is hardcoded.

Item upgrades and Upgraded items, yes that's also possible.

It's clear now that I need to post my findings on feats to settle the rumors once and for all.

I hope this doesn't sound like a dumb question, but are sparks thrown during fight animations (when the player gets hit by a kick, for instance) hardcoded? Or is there just a file I can't find that changes/removes them?

yes VP please. post your findings on feats. that system could use an overhaul if possible.

item properties are hardcoded: ok, so no new ones. but what if we expand upon the values provided by vanilla game? to have more options, more DC throws, more numerical values for regeneration etc..

if anything, passive force powers can make up for non-possible feats.

no new force classes, then.

I guess any improvement will have to be done with the existing 9 classes.

EDIT: also, new music and new sound effects. I know new sound effects already can be done, I am unsure about new music.

yes VP please. post your findings on feats. that system could use an overhaul if possible.

item properties are hardcoded: ok, so no new ones. but what if we expand upon the values provided by vanilla game? to have more options, more DC throws, more numerical values for regeneration etc..

no new force classes, then.

I guess any improvement will have to be done with the existing 9 classes.

EDIT: also, new music and new sound effects. I know new sound effects already can be done, I am unsure about new music.

music is very moddifiable.

It's clear now that I need to post my findings on feats to settle the rumors once and for all.

any thing you say can and will be used against you in a czerka boardroom XD

seriously though... post it! (if you really wanted to czerka-rd.wikia.com has a feats lab page...)

also, how many classes can npcs of the party have? not to mention the PC.

not to mention, how can we set the starting classes of pcs so that they have a more intelligent start level?

also, "new-ish" damage types? I mean, taking existing ones and combining them, for example?

not to mention: editing/making of new combat/force forms. possible?

ADD: think it's possible to make force powers/feats that exclude one other? I mean, one selects at level 1 the basic one and new ones appear/be selectable only after that AND make others unselectable/not appear?

Edited by Dark_Ansem

I hope this doesn't sound like a dumb question, but are sparks thrown during fight animations (when the player gets hit by a kick, for instance) hardcoded? Or is there just a file I can't find that changes/removes them?

I believe it is a model. It falls into the same (or at least a similar) category as such things as Force Lightning, Force Aura and a couple of other things. I know you can change the texture for the lightning by just making a new tga, but I don't think the particle effects can be changed so simply.

Yeah, don't expect a great overhaul or anything. The system works, but it's not efficient in any sense of the word.

You can have Higher DC throws (I think), and for that matter you can adjust any skill/attribute/ability/throw to any numerical value you see fit, but you can't change core engine rules. No more saving throw types. Other damage types might be possible, but the effects the damage type has on a character are going to need to be scripted.

New Feats are possible, they just will have to be passive.

also, how many classes can npcs of the party have? not to mention the PC.

Just 2.

not to mention, how can we set the starting classes of pcs so that they have a more intelligent start level?

Not unless you give them a bunch of XP points at the beginning of the game and then force the player to level up.

not to mention: editing/making of new combat/force forms. possible?

No. You can't get them to even show up in the GUI.

ADD: think it's possible to make force powers/feats that exclude one other? I mean, one selects at level 1 the basic one and new ones appear/be selectable only after that AND make others unselectable/not appear?

No, I do not believe so.

• Like 1

just 2 classes: not even via script that can be changed? via KSE more can be added.

npc stating classes matter: not even via script?

no new force / lightsaber forms then. what about editing existing ones?

No, I do not believe so.

what did you do in your "tweak" mod then?

2DA's :)

To clarify(although I did explain this similarly on C-R&D), that for some 2da files, while you can edit them(although I have never tried personally, at least not something like the Classes.2da), the game isn't likely to recognize the change. Plus, even with Appearance.2da, the only way the game knows to even use a line, is if either another 2da file(such as the portraits.2da, which is what decides if a head is for player use) or another file type(likely a UTC file), references the new line.

just 2 classes: not even via script that can be changed? via KSE more can be added.

Although I'm not sure if this was the same in NWN, it was likely set up this way in K1, to allow the player to go from the starting class, to their chosen Jedi class. In K2, it fits almost perfectly, save for the want some have to allow some of the Party members to gain Prestige classes. However, although perhaps this is speculation(although it visually makes sense), the UI probably supports showing only two classes near the portraits, in the menu.

• Like 1

actually it shows up to 3, the GUI. I tried it with KSE.

So perhaps three classes are possible, but it seems the game is coded so that it cannot grant a third if the character in question already has two. Plus, something to think about here is progression. Perhaps it is one thing if it is an npc, for instance Atton, who you have pretty much from the beginning of the game. As it is, gaining the Jedi class for him might happen soon after Telos, depending on what level of influence the player has with him. Now, with the idea of a third class in mind, at what point should the character be granted this? At a certain level? Well, it is possible as it is that if the level is, say 35-40, it might not be a level that Atton reaches, while the player might. If it hinges on story, then he could gain them almost one right after the other, like if he would gain the third class just before the Rebuilt Enclave, and Nar Shaddaa was the last completely planet.

For the player though, there isn't much of a point. With the available classes, and a player with a prestige class, there isn't any other what would fit.

From what I remember, it will only keep the third one temporarily. Though I could be wrong. I noticed that 3 classes were possible first when I would do level glitching to power up my characters on the xbox. The Third class would basically be active until you entered a new area or save/reload. Never tried to do it via script or KSE, but I assume that if it were possible, it would have already been implemented in some mass mod

npc stating classes matter: not even via script?

No sir. There's no script that sets that up at the beginning of the game.

no new force / lightsaber forms then. what about editing existing ones?

Again, what file are we supposed to modify to change the values?

what did you do in your "tweak" mod then?

Vanir's mod? I don't really have my own tweak mod.

No sir. There's no script that sets that up at the beginning of the game.

couldn't such a script be made?

Vanir's mod? I don't really have my own tweak mod.

oh, it was not yours?

Again, what file are we supposed to modify to change the values?

is the answer, script?

From what I remember, it will only keep the third one temporarily. Though I could be wrong. I noticed that 3 classes were possible first when I would do level glitching to power up my characters on the xbox. The Third class would basically be active until you entered a new area or save/reload. Never tried to do it via script or KSE, but I assume that if it were possible, it would have already been implemented in some mass mod

I did not try recently but I seem to remember it kept the class.

couldn't such a script be made?

Where are you going to fire the script so that it can remove the class and then add another?

oh, it was not yours?

I don't even know what mod we're talking about for sure. Even so, I don't think it did what you are talking about.

is the answer, script?

No, the values are hardcoded.

I did not try recently but I seem to remember it kept the class.

Then that might be possible.

Where are you going to fire the script so that it can remove the class and then add another?

at the moment they join the party

No, the values are hardcoded.

what about upgrade via passive force power?

why some weapons are getting a +1 damage bonus even if the 2da edit is done correctly and does NOT have it, such as the bowcaster?I set it to 3d10 but the damage shown is 4-31