Jack_Kamionko

Looking for a team to help make kotor 3

Sort of an expansion pack for kotor 2 which follows the storyline of the revan book.

at the minute i need someone experienced in modding to help me organize what to do and what we need and someone to help me rewrite the book so that it would work as a game.

this is for people who want to play a canon version of kotor 3.

also if you think you can help in other way in the planning stage don't hesitate to let me know.

if you would like to apply for the team please send me an email wookie_kebab@hotmail.co.uk

follow this link for the cover art

http://social.bioware.com/bw_projects_gallery_file.php?project_id=8622&project_media_id=13899

edit: and if you have any questions feel free to ask

Is the following quote original? Nope. But realistic? Oh yes.

1. You must be willing to do 98 percent of all the work.

2. You will need to know how to script, create uti, waypoints, triggers, utcs, utp, utd and place them in game along with making them function properly in-game.

3. You need to be able to connect modules together.

4. Expect the only help you will get is advice, some tip on scripting and some skinners.

5 This will take at least 2 years to build.

6. You will have to make sacrifices where you choose to mod over doing real life things that are both enjoyable or necessary.

7. You will be doing all the boring and tedious things like lipsyncing and managing all your game assets.

8. You will need to be able give up cool ideas due to production time or because they will derail your game’s story.

9. You must be prepared to just use original kotor1/2 modules as is or re skinned.

10. You must decide whether or not your TC will be voiced. Human Voice Over, can make or break the quality of your mod, depending on whether or not the VOs are actually good. Giving Alien VO to every NPC having dlg of some type is not going to get a favorable response, but neither is silence.

11. Make sure there are many choices in the game and multiple endings. If the story has one ending then make it into a fan fiction.

12. When you lose interest with the project or get frustrated will you still continue with the same passion and dedication you had in the beginning?

I repeat this will take 2 years and you must be prepared to do the project on your own!

So . . . you don't know how to organize a modding team. OK. What exactly will you be doing?

So . . . you don't know how to organize a modding team. OK. What exactly will you be doing?

1) i know

2) i'm studying software development at college so i can do scripting. as for the other things, i can learn

3) ok

4) i wasn't expecting people to do the whole thing for me

5) was thinking around that time

6) i know

7) i'm willing to put the time into tedious things like that

8) the story is the revan novel so i know my limits

9) yup i know

10) i was looking forward to the voice over

11) it wouldn't be kotor without choices

12) i've been waiting for this since i first played kotor 2, if TOR can't stop me getting bored won't stand a chance

like i said i'm studying at college so i know what goes into making a game, i just said i wanted some help to organize the project just to make sure i'm not doing everything wrong. i can also take care of any artwork we need such as posters, banners etc

edit: i never expected this would be easy but i did expect it to be both an experience and fun

I'm always here for advice :)

As for joining your team, at the moment I'm waay too busy. However, I suggest you stop by czerka-rd.wikia.com some time as we have a lot of information there and a lot more is being added weekly for your modding needs.

2 years of work OMG NO WAY! It's going to take 4 years minimum to create an entire third game. Look how long it has taken your team to make one extra planet. And your team is an experienced team that has worked together on tslrcm for four years.

I love the idea but it seems you have come empty handed.

My advice is forget about the team right now and start doing some work! Start posting and uploading your work and people will come to you but if you have nothing but a dream and a poster it doesn't carry much weight. We are all dreaming so welcome to the club.

I guarantee you if you are here a year from now and have put in a years work you will convince people that you are serious and the work that you have uploaded will serve as a resume of sorts. People then would see what you are doing, they may offer advice and perhaps join you.

Sith Holocron is not being mean to you. He is giving you the best advice you are ever going to get because he and his friends have done it. What you are proposing is a massive project that is going to take up all your free time for the next 2 - 4 years and you have not done anything so far as making a poster. I am not putting you down but I am telling you it is a little empty handed.

So if you are serious then you have come to the right place because the members here are really into this stuff but you also can't invite everyone to dinner if you don't have any food :help: Start showing people that you can cook and people will come over to eat :cool:

Myself, I can't even program my TV remote but I like ripping other peoples work and patching it together and making small Frankenstein utility programs. I was also planning the next Star Wars film but Disney got there first... bastards :mad:

2 years of work OMG NO WAY! It's going to take 4 years minimum to create an entire third game. Look how long it has taken your team to make one extra planet. And your team is an experienced team that has worked together on tslrcm for four years.

Although technically true, most would rather use either K1 or K2 as a basis, then mod the hell out of it to get it how they want, instead of creating everything from scratch. Because of that, it does take less time than most developers are slated for games, but that doesn't mean it isn't the same sort of work - save for one difference, since it comes without the promise of a paycheck once released.

As for M4-78, that is built on another mod(most likely, anyway) which did basically the same thing, adding the planet back into the game. That one can certainly be played now, but without TSLRCM. I would install it myself if I had a saved copy of the vanilla game, just so I could start on editing the M4-78 skins for the Grid(well, I have started, but I can't see any of the changes in-game, since the modules aren't there), but I don't.

Oh I remember that. Makes sense now! I played the droid planet years ago. If I remember correctly it was released before team gizka released anything. It was a bit choppy but it worked. I remember running around in a big open space type area and a few levels like that. They also fixed some of the end of the story as well but it still was not complete. Whoever did it completed the work much faster than team gizka and I always though that the release took the steam out of team gizka's engines. The project updates soon slowed and then stopped altogether.

I could be wrong and correct me if I am but I seem to remember that it was one person who uncovered all the work on the droid planet.

Anyways as far as this thread goes I am giving what I believe is the best advice from someone who has started their own business while I was in University selling pet supplies on Ebay, then bringing it to flee markets then to trade shows and finally hiring my own Aunt

You don't go for a bank loan unless you have written a proper business plan and have sales/track record that the idea works

You don't go rent space before you start the business in your basement.

You don't start hiring workers until you have steady clients that need you.

Don't count on other people to do any aspect of your business. You need to know how to do everything yourself so that you can make sure it is being done correctly and efficiently. Also because you may have to do it yourself some days.

My point is the advice form Sith Holocron is good solid LIFE advice. It sounds harsh but it is real. It is like the Keven Kosner movie Field of Dreams; "Build it and they will come!"

It would be completely different Rtas if you started this thread because you have already fulfilled every requirement on the list with your Grid mod. I would bet that if you asked for a team of people to help- with a project the response would be different.

yea it was released by stoney who is the laeder and head guy in TSLRCM and he made it about 5 -7 years ago but sadly due to compatibility problems it dident work with TSLRCM and they need to do from scratch and also some of the stuff was taken from the geoharade mod, for instance the darth sion and nhilus fight

Thanks guys I really appreciate all the advice you given me so far, i suppose i was just too eager to play kotor 3 as i'm sure everyone on this site is so i've decided to start the project on my own to show how serious i am about this.

i'll leave an update on my progress here:

Script and plot line - Done

List of all squad members - DONE

List of all NPC's encountered - Pending

List of all planets visited - Done

All characters heads finished -

All outfits finished -

All maps finished -

Keep in mind that this is all stuff we need for planning i know a lot more goes into the final product but once i have this i can get started putting it all together

also what is the best toolset for modding heads, scenery etc. i'm only asking cus i know some of the best modders in the community use this site

2) i'm studying software development at college so i can do scripting. as for the other things, i can learn

As am I, and I'm just realizing now how unrealistic it is to try to coordinate an effort over the internet with no monetary incentive and (relatively) inefficient development tools. We have modding tools to modify things on a small scale.

While I applaud your enthusiasm, I would recommend starting up something that requires more.... actual engine work. This is just straight up creating level resources and I will say there are A LOT of resources to be made.

Well.. well....... well... This is a daja-vo moment :P

I tried to be nicer this time, having learned a lesson. ;)

If I were you and you wanted to create a kotor 3 storyline based on the revan novel.

To draw it out a bit more, I would have Lord Scourge as the main character of the story

specifically because Revan and the Exile are already fleshed out characters that have extensive

backstories. By the time they go to reach the empire. They are already overpowered and it would

make no sense to retrain them. Lord Scourge or Lady Scourge if you give the option that character being

female allows for some room to build a story. You can start with the training on some sith conquerered world

that has an academy and really gives some insight into what actually happened to the True Sith so their society

is fleshed out more and you can explore a more morally ambigious character of a Sith pureblooded male or female

who rises to the rank of Sith Lord in a society that conquers, prizes the strong over the weak and yet still maintains some

order so that the empire can grow and grow in secret. You finish your trials as a Sith acolyte before becoming a Sith Apprentice

to some unknown Sith Lord and you are sent on some conquesting missions that earn you the rank of a Sith Lord which in some way

should involve you killing your Sith Master which is a requirement for any Sith Lord really. That should put you on the path

where the book starts with Nyriss and the assassination attempt made on her life which leads you to meet Revan and the Exile.

My advice in order to keep canon and non canon people happy is to just introduce them as The Revanchist if lightside or Darth Revan

if you make Revan darkside in your choosing of gender and story ending. Same with the Exile. In this way you leave some leeway for

people who want to create a non-canon world. The traditional lightside ending should end like the novel. But the darkside endings

could be something that ends in a free-for-all between Lord Vitate, Darth Revan, The Exile and Lord/Lady Scourge with multiple

endings like Lord Scourge reforming the Sith Empire from knowledge he gained during the journey or Darth Revan becoming the Emperor or

the Exile becoming a new Darth Nihilus since the Exile and Darth Nihilus are both wounds in the force. Regardless I believe your best bet

for a really good gameplay experience that is based on the Revan novel is to start with a character like Lord Scourge because

either way the novel ends in darkness. Kotor 1 is a story that is relatively Grey because Revan traveled both roads only to come to the middle.

The Exile is pretty much a Jedi in all respects for the KOTOR 2 storyline in my opinion. So go really Dark in your story from the beginning.

It would probably be best from how I can see it.

Ah...memories. I doubt anyone still remembers my "The Jedi Knights" *facepalm