Sign in to follow this  
bendarby24

3 quick questions on the KotOR Bundle Pack

OK, I'm getting the KotOR Bundle Pack on my window 7 laptop and I have a few questions about it.

This is going to sound stupid but I know some games don't work on laptops because the hard drive and CD/DVD drive.

1) Does the KotOR Bundle Pack work on laptops? I'm thinking yes to this question because it doesn't change much but because the windows 7 compatibility might have changed the dialogue file.

2) Is the KotOR Bundle Pack compatible with 1.8? I checked on amazon and I can only find the bundle pack on the American version

3) Has anybody been able to get the KotOR Bundle Pack in England or any other countries besides USA? I'm not sure if they will ship it out from the USA to other countries.

Thank you for your time :)

1. I played KotOR on my laptop all the time. Should work.

2. I'm not sure, no one has tested that yet. But I'm going to go ahead and say that it might. (Perhaps you can test it if you get the game)

3. I live in America, so I couldn't answer this. I know it is in the Gamestop shops and Walmart stores here.

Thanks for your answers. I'm hoping there is a UK or Europe release date announced sometime soon or that I could get it sent to a UK game stop :/

Here's the only information I've received from LucasArts about the KotOR Bundle Pack. I thought that I may as well post it here.

Thank you for contacting LucasArts Technical Support. With the rerelease of Knights of the Old Republic II, Windows 7 is now an officially supported platform for the game.

Granted, what I asked was whether it was now officially supported on Vista and Windows 7. I also asked for the differences between the old versions and the current release.

Might I suggest you ask LucasArts Support Section for answers to your questions? Instead of your laptop question, I'd suggest requesting the minimum requirements.

I got mine yesterday, just installed it now.

1. If the specs are fine, it should be no problem. When I used a laptop for gaming, it was only ones beyond my laptop's specs that was a problem.

2. I've installed it. All the files are in the "Override" folder. However, I have never played The Sith Lords before. What would be the very first indication of sucessful installation?

3. I live in the UK. I ordered it from Amazon.com

A few things

- For the KoTOR 1 widrscreen patch, the .exe is different to the 1.03 version the patcher requires. So you can't play in widescreen.

- For the KoTOR 2 widescreen patch, it patches but SecuROM stops you loading it. I will look into removing the SecuROM. Without ripping SecuROM from your computer, you can't play in widescreen.

- I have Windows 7 64 bit. Both games needed to be run in Windows XP (SP3) compatability mode before they worked.

Started playing it. I don't think the launcher has changed (it doesn't show version number anywhere), however from another thread which mentions early changes I've noticed that

- T3 talks to 3C

and

- Kreia says something like "the ship we arrived in - the Ebon Hawk"

So I think 1.8 has sucessfully installed.

It is a barebones re-release. Nothing new was added, and as far as I can tell from looking at my friend's copy, the HQ patches have NOT been included. Such a shame. This could have been the perfect opportunity to release the games with updates, and stuff. I'll still be buying it though, as I lost my K1 discs years ago and my K2 install/play disc is broken. Live on KotOR!!!!