Hassat Hunter

Update on 1.8

Yeah yeah, I get it, the HK factory took a long time. But this time it's got some new features (every time I've worked on it, something essential has changed), and hopefully this'll be the last version. EVER

Unless this generation's Markus Ramikin shows up and has something to say.

Well, I nagged enough for sure (and it lead to some nice additions from you, so it was well worth it).

Well... for the HK factory that is... :wub: (for lach evil icon... and this one looks pretty scary xD)

• Like 1

Based on that changelog I have a few questions. Why aren't the Peragus fix mod and the Admiralty mod compatible or included?

If you fixed things on Peragus for the mod, why not redo the rest of the fixes that this mod did if it's not compatible?

Why not the Admniralty mod? You included another mod by the same author but not this one? Carth's outfit is in sore need of fixing so why not include it?

Sorry if these have already been addressed but I looked and I couldn't find any answers.

I just don't understand why you wouldn't do these things.

Why aren't the Peragus fix mod and the Admiralty mod compatible or included?

Because we have our own Peragus fixes. And the admirality mod just doesn't work due to our changes, and we wont include it since it's a MOD. And we're about RESTORATION.

If you fixed things on Peragus for the mod, why not redo the rest of the fixes that this mod did if it's not compatible?

Such as? Name the ones we missed?

Why not the Admniralty mod? You included another mod by the same author but not this one? Carth's outfit is in sore need of fixing so why not include it?

Author doesn't make a difference. Take VP. He makes the HK Factory... but also definite mod additions such new saber handles, skins etc. Just like this Carth mod.

In this case mod #1 was what OE worked on but failed to realise properly, mod #2 was a nitpick of the author himself, which may not reflect OE's view. Hence why one's considered, the other not...

Because we have our own Peragus fixes.

I think he is referring to VP's peragus fixes, which are not listed as being done in the changelog.

In regards to the admiralty mod, if it is never going to be included(which idk why, I can't believe OE would want Carth and Cede to NOT look like admirals, and certainly qualifies as a fix to me, {giving Carth his bomber jacket in t3's holo-vid certainly counts as a fix}), coiuld someone ask Jinger(sp?) to make a compatible version?

There is a post from zbyl2 dated 2011:

As for compatybility with TSLRCM, you might find this post usefull:

As for Admirality Mod and Battle of Telos mods, there's easy way to make them compatible with TSLRCM. Try to open tslpatchdata folder both of these mods have. You'll find a.mod file in each. Go to your KotOR II/modules folder and you should find a file with the same name (assuming you have TSLRCM installed). Just copy it into tslpachdata and THEN run install of Admirality/Battle of Telos.

Hope it's not too confusing ;)

People interested could try these and report if everything went smooth.

I think he is referring to VP's peragus fixes, which are not listed as being done in the changelog.

VP's Peragus Tweak is still compatable as far as I know... :?

Are you referring to my Peragus tweak mod? While I did restore some content in that mod, I actually redid most of that cut content so it could be included in TSLRCM. I had to take out some things that I had kinda just... made up on the spot.

That coupled with the bug fixing Stoney, zbyl and Hassat did, it has essentially replaced Ulic's mod. At least I think so anyways.. last I checked :/

In regards to the admiralty mod, if it is never going to be included(which idk why, I can't believe OE would want Carth and Cede to NOT look like admirals, and certainly qualifies as a fix to me, {giving Carth his bomber jacket in t3's holo-vid certainly counts as a fix}), coiuld someone ask Jinger(sp?) to make a compatible version?

We could probably work on it, or just make a new version too.

The general rule of thumb is that OE cut content should generally speak for itself. If you have to start jumping to conclusions, speculating or making new game assets, you have to take a step back and really think about what Obsidian was trying to do vs what you want to do. The HK factory is one of those rare exceptions where to be completed, you have to kind of go with speculation. If it were up to me, I'd put the HK factory as a separate (but compatible) entity, but since it is 80% restoration, it fits best in TSLRCM. Of course, this would probably change quite a few of the HK-50 encounters, but that's besides the point.

There are mods that restore content, and there are mods that enhance content.

The other thing you have to consider is that TSLRCM is an all-in-one package. We can't just be putting in parts of mods that not everybody likes. My Handister mod, for instance, will not make it into TSLRCM, because not everybody likes my interpretation of the unused content (Hassat :P). It has a better chance of, say a hypothetical mod which gives all of the Handmaidens new, unique heads, but it's still one of those things that's not quite justified (yet mwahahahaha).

Actually, there are a few things I've contributed which kind of ride that line between restored and enhanced content. I guess it's good that I don't have a bigger role in all this :P

In respose to Hassat Hunter, I'm sorry if I said something to make you upset.

Let me try this again, because with all due respect, I couldn't find a listing of every single change you've made to the game, just the ones changed from the last version.

Here's what I wanted to know: are all of the same changes Ulic made in his mod also int this mod? Because this mod listed a few changes to Peragus/Harbinger/Prologue and Ulic's listed a very long list of changes.

Second, I'm sorry I asked about the Admiralty mod, alright? If your project aim is to make the game like Obsidian intended, I just thought that they probably didn't intend to leave Carth in that armor, since it is so out of place. If you disagree fine, but don't overreact. It was just a question as to why you didn't include it, not a demand.

I just wanted answers to a couple of questions which I couldn't find answers for around in this forum. I didn't mean to offend anyone. I guess posting about this was a mistake.

Also, Thanks to Salk for that option. I'll try it sometime.

As stated, there are some pretty strict restrictions we put on ourselves on each restoration and bugfix.

You can see several instances in this very thread, last one with the Mandalorian Banners.

Also, for everyone's info, I did ask Darth Insidious a while back about using the Nar Shaddaa Goto Yacht Window fix, haven't heard anything back yet. So, it's very likely you just need to apply it after installing 1.8.

Delving into things, it appears Akkere's meagre stock is another bug.

Working with VP to fix it now... one way or another.

Together with Dandis fix, it's going to be shopping heaven, 1.8 :)

And if you recall any other vendors with stock that seem too meager to be true (not including pazaak ones of course, who should only sell cards)... do mention.

• Like 1

Delving into things, it appears Akkere's meagre stock is another bug.

Working with VP to fix it now... one way or another.

Together with Dandis fix, it's going to be shopping heaven, 1.8 :)

And if you recall any other vendors with stock that seem too meager to be true (not including pazaak ones of course, who should only sell cards)... do mention.

Does this affect dendis.dlg?

Reason I ask is I've been using Dendis' Secret Stash by JCarter426.

Yes.

Though don't fret too much, he now has his own stack... and it should be fairly easy to make such a modification, I could craft it for you if 1.8's done if you like :).

Update #1

A new fix thanks to learning shops with Akkere xD;

Fixes the crash issue/double "fake" item with Tienn's shop and Kodin's shop. Apparently they were supposed to be selling airspeeder items, but the shops didn't take kindly to modular quest-items (instead of those in the .bif), and it appeared as the other item instead, and crashed when purchased (or generally, shop sold out). So I just removed it from their inventories, solving the issue...

Update #2... I bet Ttlan is going to love this;

http://deadlystream.com/forum/gallery/image/191-005ebo-invasion/

• Like 1

No, since we already fixed that issue (and a few others) long before that file got uploaded...

I have been wondering about that actually, maybe I am just a little hasty and unable to see what delivers the most xp in 1.8, killing the Sith troopers with the turret, or killing them after they have already boarded the ship? I dont really understand the way you formulated that particular piece in the changelog.

It's now been fixed so XP is earned for gunning down the Sith before they board the Hawk. Possibly even a little more XP than letting them aboard now, which is a good thing.

* Shooting the Sith with the turret now gives more XP (the same value indoor Sith used previously). Killing Sith on the Hawk gives a little less XP than it used to do (but still more than the outdoor Sith in the past).

Don't know how much better I can state it :/

They give more XP when killing them with the turret. But of course, that means no loot.

Ok thanks i get it now, sorry for the inconvenience. I was probably confused by my own hasty readings. In any case thanks for the help.

xwn2hvmso7w3jvkpzht.jpg

Probably not going to be included in TSLRCM, but will be a seperate mod downloadable afterwards (and compatible)...

• Like 1