Exile007

The GenoHaradan (by Exile007)

I guess something went wrong...

I am still hoping to see this done sooner or later because it's such an interesting mod. Oh and now, you need to make it compatible with 1.8.2, dear Darth_Sapiens...

I'll get to it again soon. I'm still on a break :)

As I had said before, it needs a bit more love than just TSLRCM compatibility.

Oh and now, you need to make it compatible with 1.8.2, dear Darth_Sapiens...

I guess a TSLRCM 1.8.3 will be out eventually. He may as well plan ahead for that . . .

I guess a TSLRCM 1.8.3 will be out eventually. He may as well plan ahead for that . . .

What more is there to add on in TSLRCM besides bug fixes if any? I thought 1.8 was going to be last, atleast that's what I remember someone saying way back.

What more is there to add on in TSLRCM besides bug fixes if any? I thought 1.8 was going to be last, atleast that's what I remember someone saying way back.

Ask Hassat Hunter... preferably in a PM.

If some one else feels that they can get it done sooner, I'm perfectly willing to send them what I have, but unfortunately in life hobbies aren't priorities.  :( Some times I hate being busy XD, I have at least fixed the incompatible files, the problem becomes that the mod has inherent bugs not related to compatibility, some of them are game-breaking when encountered.

Take all the time you need. I am sorry if I gave the impression I was pushing you, Darth_Sapiens.

Good luck with the bug fixing!

• Like 1

Take all the time you need. I am sorry if I gave the impression I was pushing you, Darth_Sapiens.

Good luck with the bug fixing!

LOL  Don't worry, I will..
I'm thinking of releasing a compatible beta, allowing people to submit any bugs they find here. then I'll squash em XD.

im thinking of releasing a compatible beta, allowing people to submit any bugs they find here. then ill squash em XD.

From my perspective that sounds like a very good idea. If you did that the public would find all of the bugs, then you could make a list once they are found, and release a fixed version once every bug is squashed.

I'm not one to tell you how to do the mod but I still think it's a good idea, it's kinda like how the K1R demo helped us find bugs we otherwise may not have known about.

Still it sounds like a win-win to me.

Whatever you decide though good luck with the mod :).

it's kinda like how the K1R demo helped us find bugs we otherwise may not have known about.

Or how TSLRCM got better version per version ;)

Only downside being outdated versions still linger, and some *still* manage to use 1.6 instead :(

Or how TSLRCM got better version per version ;)

Only downside being outdated versions still linger, and some *still* manage to use 1.6 instead :(

Well Deadly Stream is quickly becoming the premiere source for KotOR1/TSL mods so I'm not sure how much longer that will be a problem. Although I will continue to help more people find the most updated version next time I am over at at one of my favorite sites within the beta community and I will be asking the site owner to make a joint post about TSLRCM and K1R just like I did last time. Yep last time the K1R demo was mentioned on another site and linked here it also mentioned and linked to TSLRCM 1.8. It has been a while since that post however.

Why are some still managing to use 1.6 instead anyway? I figured all links to that version were dead by now.

I think it's good idea) Many people can find bugs faster then one(not to mention they can find bug in such places where author wouldn't even watch:))

Or how TSLRCM got better version per version ;)Only downside being outdated versions still linger, and some *still* manage to use 1.6 instead :(

I found man who still uses TSLRP and think it's the final version! :D

He was shocked that there is another restoration mod:)

So im guessing this project is a no go? From what i read in Sapiens new mod he has lost interest i guess? Was rly lookin forward to this one.

Sadly, the GenoHaradan cut content seems to be cursed. I heard that TSLRP got into trouble from devoting too much time on it instead of ironing out the HK Factory (don't quote me, my memory is not the best with these things!!!). When I was working on the script for the "GenoHaradan Revisioning Mod," I fell into depression (unrelated :P) and left the community silently. Exile007 worked on it for awhile, but seemed to drop it. Now Sapiens has lost interest.

I have two recommendations:

1) Anyone who does work on it should make their resources completely open source, so if they do lose interest someone else can pick it up. I don't count because I don't have anything other than a bare bones outline.

2) This, like Darth Atris, might be cut content worth retiring. I've been playing TSLRCM 1.8.2, and Nar Shaddaa is no longer short of material. Also, it makes little sense to me (now that I give it some more thought) that the GenoHaradan would get involved with another Galaxy influencing figure like the Exile after what Revan did to them. And speaking of Revan, I remember that Revan having to be Dark Side to give this content continuity was a major problem when I was writing that outline. My only solution was to make Revan's choice irrelevant to the outcome, which contradicts what TSL is all about: Meaningful choices.

There is still a lot of content I would like to see make it that hasn't been added to TSLRCM, like the Holocron Hunt with Mical.

But this is just my opinion. If there is demand for this mod, let it happen.

Well, I haven't lost interest yet... I'm going to release some stuff here soon that has to do with this, the "untold story" will also revamp the GenoHaradan. I'll make it compatible to a degree but I am not taking-on this particular GenoHaradan mod as my own, it isn't as complete as said, once you play it you might understand. It (the story) doesn't fit well and lasted all of 30 minutes extra, and exile, and I think what he did by himself was good, was trying to keep it compatible by not editing the git files.  All in all, learning my way around someone else's mod isn't as easy as I had thought.

The one thing that I really wanted to see in game was the Nihilus vs Sion scene, and I think it was supposed to be tied to the geno story, but that scene is so epic cause it shows more of the tension between the 2 of them.

Well, hopefully it does get incorporated, or at least some of it into the game down the road, looking forward to your new mod as well.  

To be honest, Nihilus vs Sion was my favorite part of this mod in any form and I would love to see it restored in some shape or form.

In the untold story, it might be different (I highly doubt it will be that different from the rest, however it might not have to do with the GenoHaradan), but I am not messing with Exile's version, seeing as it executes virtually flawlessly.  One thing that I noticed though is that he (Sion) says "you did not kill her as you assumed..." this might imply a conflict not in the vanilla, or in the files (from what I can see, I might just be too tired to be coherent in my thinking XD.)  I will think on how I can make such a scene make more sense.

I am assuming it might have to do with why the Ebon Hawk is damaged in the beginning.  What kind of sparks my interest is that Sion knew she was alive for quite a while before this scene, this means that Sion withheld information from Nihilus, Nihilus somehow came into conflict with Kreia afterward, and thought he killed her,  I have an idea:  maybe the Exile could ask Visas after she attacks to report to Nihilus, to throw them off of their trail, saying that she managed to kill an old woman who travels with the Exile, it could be a brief scene.

Anyway - back to the GenoHaradan - I will not modify Exile's original scene for this mod.

One problem with Exile's version of the scene is that the pace is slow as hell towards the end.

Also, I love this scene, but it should be relevant to gameplay. We never get to see the Sith Assassins really hunt the Exile. Perhaps that should be added in a la HK-50s, and if this scene happens that pursuit ends on an account of a mini-Sith civil war.

But what will Sapiens' version of that scene be like?

We've already seen three different versions so far . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PodfqTulOCA

Does that include the version someone (can't remember who - S, who made the original Vash restoration mod, maybe?) released on the TSLRP boards in about 2006ish?

Does that include the version someone (can't remember who - S, who made the original Vash restoration mod, maybe?) released on the TSLRP boards in about 2006ish?

I believe that's the first version.