About This File
This is a companion to my K1 Main Menu Widescreen Fix mod. In a similar manner, it adjusts the model file for K1's main menu so that it properly fills the full screen width of widescreen aspect ratios (i.e. 16:9, 16:10). It is designed to be used in conjunction with ndix UR’s KotOR High Resolution Menus mod (as pictured). But of course the major feature is that it swaps out Darth Malak for Darth Revan. There are four versions included:
- Version A uses the vanilla Revan N_DarthRevan01 texture, upscaled to 2048x2048. This texture will override the original and be used by the Revan stunt model (or flowing robes mods) during the game. Alternatively, the menu model will make use of any third party texture of the same name, should you prefer those.
- Version B uses a uniquely named texture, so it will not override the one used in-game, and the menu model will not make use of third party textures. Additionally, the envmap mask on this texture was adjusted to tone down the shininess of the chest and arms, as I found that a bit too overpowering.
- Version C uses a further modified version of B's texture to also adjust the colour of the helmet/mask visor to make it a little more apparent.
- Version D takes this a step further and adds a slight glow (self-illumination) to the visor.
Because the original vanilla background texture is very low resolution, it looks pretty terrible when scaled up to fullscreen at 1080 (or above). I created a new, higher resolution background texture that approximates the same look.
Obviously this mod will not be compatible with any other mod that also alters/replaces the menu model (including my own - although the replacement KOTOR logos are compatible). As mentioned, it is intended to be used with ndix UR’s UI mod, and serves no real purpose without that mod.
N.B.: This is NOT a widescreen mod! This is just an addition for when you are already using a widescreen mod like UniWS.
- Extract the archive, navigate to the folder that contains your desired version, copy and paste the files into your Override folder, overwriting if prompted. If you are using version A and wish to use someone else's texture, don't copy N_DarthRevan01.tpc.
- The crossed over belts lack a proper animation, so they are basically static.
- Even scaled up the Revan model lacks the shoulder width of the Malak model, so crossing the arms was a bit difficult to replicate.