About This File
This mod adds a faithful adaptation of Force Enlightenment power from TSL to K1: where the best of the Jedi's Speed, Armor and Valor powers are instantly activated at a reduced cost (30). This power is useful to quickly become ready for difficult battles.
Since this mod only adds new content and doesn’t modify existing content, it shouldn’t conflict with other mods. It works with Snigaroo’s KOTOR I Full Build Mods from reddit.
1. Make sure override folder exists at game root directory
2. Run TSLPatcher to automatically install
1. Copy spells.2da in backup and move it to override folder.
Overwrite existing spells.2da if any, otherwise remove spells.2da from override folder. Only overwrite existing spells.2da if you don't have any mod installed after this mod that touches spells.2da, otherwise this will accidentally erase any later modifications made to spells.2da.
2. Remove ip_frenlight.tga, fp_enlightenment.ncs from override folder.
3. Copy dialog.tlk from TSLPatcher backup to the main game folder (not the override folder). Overwrite the existing dialog.tlk.
1. Saving throw bonuses from Valor and Shield don't stack, only the highest has effect (not script issue, more of a game-engine bug).
2. Activation of Speed, Valor, and Shield on top of Enlightenment will result in additional bonuses. Fixing the problem will require massive change to the generic force power script, which is beyond the scope of this mod, but may be added for future updates.
Do not claim credit for this mod and do not use assets from this mod without my permission
- @ebmar for the awesome color-readjusted force power icon
- Fred Tetra for Kotor Tool
- Stoffe for TSLPatcher
THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT, LUCASARTS, DISNEY OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.
What's New in Version 1.0.2 See changelog
1. Updated the force power icon to match the color scheme. Special thanks to @ebmar for the awesome color-readjusted force power icon
2. Updated the code to add in the blurry effect for force speed
3. Eliminated race conditions with effect removal and effect application by adding a delay for effect application (not entirely sure how it works but it solved the issue entirely)
4. Updated power description to match what it actually does (no energy resistance)