About This File
Mod Title: KOTOR2 Computer Use and Repair Skill Swap 1.1
Something that always bothered me from a lore perspective was the fact that the Consular got the repair skill and the Sentinel got computer use as part of their respective class skill sets. This is all fine from a balancing perspective, but I was always confused how a class that dedicates itself to research, diplomacy, and Force usage has a more practical worldly skill. In the same vein, Sentinels are considered to be slicers, but why aren’t they adept at repairing things as the lore suggests?
On that note, I also thought that a Jedi career that includes researchers and historians within its ranks would probably be better handling computers than machinery. So, to keep everything balanced skill-wise, the Consular and its corresponding Prestige Classes (Master and Lord) now have Computer Use. The Sentinel and its corresponding Prestige classes (Watchman and Assassin) now have Repair as a class skill.
I also made computer use a class skill for the Scoundrel and removed it from the scout’s skill list, similar to the Scoundrel and Scout classes from the Wizards of the Coast Star Wars RPG Core Rulebook.
All classes mentioned in the changelog below will be affected for both your player character and your respective NPCs. E.g. Kreia and Atton will have Computer use, Visas will have repair, etc.
Copy and paste or drag and drop the skills.2da and feat.2da files into your override folder.
Delete the associated skills.2da and feat.2da files from your override folder.
Anything that also modifies the skills.2da and feat.2da files will probably not work.
None, but if you find any, please message me at Deadly Stream.
Please do not claim credit for this mod or redistribute it without the author’s explicit permission.
- Bioware, Obsidian and Lucasarts for an amazing pair of RPG games.
- Fred Tetra for the Kotor Tool.
- Darthbdamen for answering my many questions on the skills.2da file. His own mod Consular Sentinel Skill Swap for KOTOR1 was the main inspiration for my mod. You can find out more here: http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/854-consular-sentinel-class-skill-swap/
- KYuTH for his kind email and inspiring me to get back to work on this mod.
- Everyone who downloads and uses the mod.
- bead-v for his Character Stat Guide. You can find it here: http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/5540-character-stat-guide/
- Wizards of the Coast’s Star Wars Roleplaying Game Core Rule Book and Power of the Jedi Sourcebook for additional info and ideas
THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT SUPPORTED BY LUCASARTS, OBISIDIAN, BIOWARE, DISNEY OR ANY SPONSORS OF THE PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND THIS MOD AUTHOR OR THE DEADLY STREAM WEBSITE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER BY THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.
What's New in Version 1.1 See changelog
- Changelog V1.1
- Fixed the recommended skill point allocations for the following classes: Scout, Scoundrel, Jedi Consular, Jedi Master, Jedi Watchman, Jedi Sentinel, Sith Assassin, and Sith Lord
- Updated the feats list to properly show or hide the bonus skill feats.
- The Consular, Jedi Master, and Sith Lord now have the Class Skill: Repair available as a selectable feat and Class Skill: Computer Use has been removed from the feats list
- The Sentinel, Jedi Watchman, and Sith Assassin now have the Class Skill: Computer Use available as a selectable feat and Class Skill: Repair has been removed from the feats list
- The Scout now has the Class Skill: Computer Use available as a selectable feat
- Changelog V1.0:
- Jedi Consular, Jedi Master, and Sith Lord- Removed Repair Skill and replaced it with Computer Use as a class skill
- Jedi Sentinel, Jedi Watchman and Sith Assassin- Removed Computer Use skill and added Repair Skill as a class skill
- Scoundrel- Added Computer Use Skill as class skill
- Scout-Removed Computer Use Skill