About This File
for KotOR II: The Sith Lords
by bead-v, Sith Holocron and Kexikus
This is a combination of:
bead-v's TSL Galaxy Map Fix,
Sith Holocron's KOTOR2 (TSL) Animated Galaxy Map,
Kexikus' TSL Galaxy Map Fix Coruscant AddOn & New Coruscant Icon and Planet Textures.
Links to the original mods:
The mod pack changes the positions of the planets in the galaxy map to roughly their canonical locations. It also fixes the planet locations on the Galaxy Map texture accordingly, and also animates it. Some install options will also install Kexikus' New Coruscant Icon and Planet Textures. In case the Jedi Temple Mod is installed, Coruscant will also appear in the canonical location on the Galaxy Map Screen, regardless of install option.
There are FOUR different install options:
1. The Galaxy Map TEXTURE will show only the vanilla planets in their canonical locations.
2. The Galaxy Map TEXTURE will additionally show M4-78.
3. The Galaxy Map TEXTURE will additionally show M4-78 and Coruscant.
Kexikus' New Coruscant Icon and Planet Textures will also be installed (But see the requirements section!).
4. The Galaxy Map TEXTURE will additionally show M4-78, Coruscant and Cathalan. Kexikus' New Coruscant Icon and Planet Textures will also be installed (But see the requirements section!).
About Cathalan, see this post: http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/4304-april-fools-an-exciting-mod-to-appear-on-deadly-stream-soon/
CLARIFICATION: With TEXTURE I mean the invariant texture of the Galaxy Map that you see on the Ebon Hawk before you have actually clicked on the Galaxy Map. What appears on this texture is completely unrelated to what shows up on the Galaxy Map Screen when actually clicked on. This means you can use any of the install options regardless of which mods you have installed (But see the requirements section about the new Coruscant textures!).
1. This mod needs to be installed after any planet mods or patches for the relevant changes to take effect. If you are not seeing the desired changes and had already installed this mod and then installed a planet mod or patch over it, you may safely run this installer again and it will fix the issue. In case you have both M4-78EP and Coruscant Jedi Temple installed, you also need to install the compatibility patch before installing this mod (link: http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/394-coruscant-jedi-temple-compatibility/).
2. In order to see the new Coruscant textures, you need to have HK-42's Jedi Temple Expansion mod installed (link: http://www.nexusmods.com/kotor2/mods/210/), on top of deathdisco's original Coruscant Jedi Temple mod (link: http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/585-coruscant-jedi-temple-by-deathdisco/).
If the installer gives you these warnings:
Warning: Unable to find a field label matching "CONTROLS\20\EXTENT\LEFT" in galaxymap_p.gui, skipping...
Warning: Unable to find a field label matching "CONTROLS\20\EXTENT\TOP" in galaxymap_p.gui, skipping...
... you don't need to worry, the mod installed correctly.
If at any point you wish to reinstall the mod with a different texture option,
you may simply run TSLPatcher.exe again. However, if you intend on
uninstalling this mod later on, make sure the backed up files from the
first installation are in a safe place, to prevent the new installation from
overwriting them. Alternatively, you can manually copy the correct
LEH_scre03.tga and LEH_scre03.txi to the override folder. Reinstallation
will not remove the New Coruscant Icon and Planet Textures, so you will
need to manually remove the following files:
1. Remove the following files from your override folder:
- gal_cor_2.tga (if new Coruscant textures were installed)
- Gui_coruscnt.tga (if new Coruscant textures were installed)
- Gui_coruscnt.txi (if new Coruscant textures were installed)
- CM_coruscant.tga (if new Coruscant textures were installed)
- CM_coruscant.txi (if new Coruscant textures were installed)
2. Copy any files with the above names from the backup folder created
upon installing this mod. The backup folder is created in the same folder
as this installer.
All materials and copyrights belong to LucasArts, Bioware and Obsidian
Entertainment Inc., we own none of the materials, and we are not making
any money out of this mod. It is to be distributed as-is without alteration,
unless by permission of the mod authors. This mod is not to be distributed
for profit, either. Use it how you like, but if you're going to post it up somewhere,
or make a derivate mod, or use it in another mod, please put a line in the
readme, mentioning us.
We hereby state that we specifically do NOT wish this mod to be uploaded to
If bead-v is unreachable at any point, Sith Holocron or Kexikus may give any permissions concerning bead-v's mod on his behalf.
Kexikus: Help with putting together KOTOR2 (TSL) Animated Galaxy Map.
LSaberDuelist and OldFlash (of LucasForums): Their instructive discussion
and tutorial at LucasForums.
Fred Tetra: Kotor Tool
tk102: K-GFF GFF Editor
Send us a personal message on www.deadlystream.com.
THIS MODIFICATION IS PROVIDED AS-IS AND IS NOT SUPPORTED BY
BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT OR LUCASARTS OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS
FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES OR
THE AUTHORS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO
YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THESE FILES.
What's New in Version 1.0 See changelog
No changelog available for this version.