defreili

Using TSLRCM on the original X-Box

You might aswell ask for options to remove Kaah, the HK-Factory, Nar Shaddaa sections, or pretty much cut up TSLRCM.

As stated before, that's just not feasible. And thus, not happening.

Thank you for your patience with me Hassat Hunter, I'm Just as an avid kotor 1 and 2 modder and xbox player still even after these years, just trying to figure out how to get this great experience on xbox, thats all. :) Not really a pc gamer guy just cant get off the consoles, i grew up playing them and mainly use the pc obviously to mod for xbox and other projects and the like.

Definitely not trying to annoy anyone on here or anything, so hopefully i dont come off that way. :)

EDIT** perhaps at this point, there is no harm in trying to re-size the textures, i just need to figure out how to do it, since i have never done that before.

Speaking as an ex-TSL xbox fan, the PC version is going to be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better. If you're that concerned about playing with a controller, you can always just plug one into the USB port and map the controls with a program like Xpadder or something comparable.

But yeah, if you decide to try to get things to work on the XBOX, you're going to have roughly a 15% drop in quality. Large sections of the mod would have to be redone to properly a TSLRCM that's Xbox-friendly.

Speaking as an ex-TSL xbox fan, the PC version is going to be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better. If you're that concerned about playing with a controller, you can always just plug one into the USB port and map the controls with a program like Xpadder or something comparable.

But yeah, if you decide to try to get things to work on the XBOX, you're going to have roughly a 15% drop in quality. Large sections of the mod would have to be redone to properly a TSLRCM that's Xbox-friendly.

thanks for the reply varsity puppet! :) I was hoping to hear from you soon, lol. Its not really as much a matter of having a controller as it is im just a huge xbox fan and really would want to see it on the box even if it is 15% drop or so.

Im happy with 85% of the mod running, i think tslrcm is one the best mod out there as well. :) The question is, is there anyone with enough knowledge that would be willing to help get it running and do it? I definitely am not giving up hope and am willing to help or do anything i can to achieve that goal.

thanks for the reply varsity puppet! :) I was hoping to hear from you soon, lol. Its not really as much a matter of having a controller as it is im just a huge xbox fan and really would want to see it on the box even if it is 15% drop or so.

Im happy with 85% of the mod running, i think tslrcm is one the best mod out there as well. :) The question is, is there anyone with enough knowledge that would be willing to help get it running and do it? I definitely am not giving up hope and am willing to help or do anything i can to achieve that goal.

Well, by removing the .mdl and .mdx files, you're about halfway done as far as compatibility.

Secondly, any extra texture files you're going to run into, you can resize them to about half the size they are normally. 256x256 and 64x64 are going to be the optimal resolutions you can work with (64x64 is for small icons though). On a lucky day, you can get about 4MB of TGA files to load at a time without freezing (that's 4 512x512 files). Change them down to 256x256 and that's 16 textures. Don't worry too much about a drop in quality, most textures on the xbox version are downscaled to 256x256 anyways.

Also, if you run into loading screens, those HAVE to go down to 512x512. And that's only if they're NEW loading screens. If they're just repeats there's a way around that.

Now, concerning the models, there something we CAN do (sort of) in order to provide an easy fix (I say easy in the sense that you don't have to edit too many files, but the editing is in fact, hellish).

There's unfortunately, nothing we can do about the custom animations though. We will have to do without those, but in all honesty, there are only like 2 places where new animations are used, and only 1 really matters as far as gameplay goes.

Now, the biggest issue you're going to run into is the Battle on Dantooine. The way 1.7 worked, made it impossible for my xbox to run it successfully. There were simply too many enemies spawned simultaneously and my xbox was lagging like an old woman in July in Arizona. This is where I had to stop playing because it was impossible to get past.

Moral of the story: there are some things we can substitute with xbox-friendly files, but there are a few things that simply would have to be rewritten in order to work properly on the XBOX

• Like 2

Well, by removing the .mdl and .mdx files, you're about halfway done as far as compatibility.

Secondly, any extra texture files you're going to run into, you can resize them to about half the size they are normally. 256x256 and 64x64 are going to be the optimal resolutions you can work with (64x64 is for small icons though). On a lucky day, you can get about 4MB of TGA files to load at a time without freezing (that's 4 512x512 files). Change them down to 256x256 and that's 16 textures. Don't worry too much about a drop in quality, most textures on the xbox version are downscaled to 256x256 anyways.

Also, if you run into loading screens, those HAVE to go down to 512x512. And that's only if they're NEW loading screens. If they're just repeats there's a way around that.

Now, concerning the models, there something we CAN do (sort of) in order to provide an easy fix (I say easy in the sense that you don't have to edit too many files, but the editing is in fact, hellish).

There's unfortunately, nothing we can do about the custom animations though. We will have to do without those, but in all honesty, there are only like 2 places where new animations are used, and only 1 really matters as far as gameplay goes.

Now, the biggest issue you're going to run into is the Battle on Dantooine. The way 1.7 worked, made it impossible for my xbox to run it successfully. There were simply too many enemies spawned simultaneously and my xbox was lagging like an old woman in July in Arizona. This is where I had to stop playing because it was impossible to get past.

Moral of the story: there are some things we can substitute with xbox-friendly files, but there are a few things that simply would have to be rewritten in order to work properly on the XBOX

thanks for the reply and thanks for giving some input and some insight on the matter.

First thing yes, i definitely removed the mdl/mdx files so the easy part is over haha. As far as texture files, you mean the .tga files correct? I dont recall any loading screens in the mod as i will have to go back and look and see if they are.

My first question is how do i resize the texture files? Sorry if that sounds kinda noobish, i just honestly do not know, lol.

As far as the models go and editing the files, if you could provide more info or point me to where i need to look im willing to do and try it. Bottom line, i am willing to put in the time to do these things, i actually would like the challenge. Also concerning the cutscene animations, im not too concerned about that or those, I can do without them as well.

And once i can make it to dantooine, i can cross that bridge when i come to it as far as the lagging issue. As stated, i am willing and ready to put in some work to get everything smoothly even if it means those few things have to go. :)

Thanks again for your reply and looking forward to hearing back from you. :)

just copied my xbox game on to the pc, i am going to work ill check out the differences between xbox & pc files and see what i come up with, once i'm done my mod i'll focus more on an xbox-friendly tslrcm

• Like 1

just copied my xbox game on to the pc, i am going to work ill check out the differences between xbox & pc files and see what i come up with, once i'm done my mod i'll focus more on an xbox-friendly tslrcm

sounds great! Im willing to put in the time and help out and do what i can. And thanks for the info on re-sizing. Ill Start messing around with it and see what i can do. :)

• Like 2

Hassat Hunter: "It can't be done. Really. Don't waste your time."

xtprojects: "Oh, thank you so much for the advice. I'll just keep trying anyway."

ROFL

Hassat Hunter: "It can't be done. Really. Don't waste your time."

xtprojects: "Oh, thank you so much for the advice. I'll just keep trying anyway."

ROFL

Well, it can be done, just a few things need to be done to get it running on the xbox side and still be able to get about 85% percent of content. :) I dont mind putting in the time or trying to get it to run, it makes for a fun hobby when im on "me" time from the g/f. :P

By the way, let me know when take a look sapiens. :)

Don't get me wrong; I think it'd be very cool if you could get it to work, or at least most of it.

The above scenario just struck me as funny.

Don't get me wrong; I think it'd be very cool if you could get it to work, or at least most of it.

The above scenario just struck me as funny.

yes i have to agree with you lol. It is funny, I'm just too hardheaded to quit, and laughed at myself even after i went back and read through it.

I Hope at least 80 percent will work though, i dont mind missing a few things.

Hey Hassat Hunter,

Question for you. :) Is there anything else in the cantina in telos besides falt that uses or has any changes with models?

Well, there's the Masked Attacker. Or do you mean just the Cantina?

Not sure what you're looking for.

Besides... I would be the wrong person to ask, VP did all that stuff.

Well, there's the Masked Attacker. Or do you mean just the Cantina?

Not sure what you're looking for.

Besides... I would be the wrong person to ask, VP did all that stuff.

Thanks for the response, the masked assassin part is fixed and resolved and working on the xbox kotor tslrcm, however the issue now is when you modify the cantina file to load without any characters or creatures it does fine, but when you try to load it normally, it freezes on the loading screen the bar goes all the way to the end.

Right now trying to sort out why its loading all the way but freezing when the bar gets to the end. Something in the cantina is causing a freeze-up and deleting the mdl/mdx for falt should revert him back to normal or so to speak. Just trying to figure out what else in the cantina specifically besides falt could be the problem since it can load fine without characters or creatures. Another test was performed with only falt and the twilek dancers and it still froze up for some reason.

Thanks again for your input, ill try to seek out VP as well.

Probably the female Twi'lek dancer then... :)

I recall something about Twi'lek at least.

Ok thanks for the reply HH. We will see what happens. So far things are coming along nicely on the xbox side of things. :)

In the meantime ill check the changelog and see if i can find anything relevant to the cantina itself as thats the only issue right now.

Probably the female Twi'lek dancer then... :)

I recall something about Twi'lek at least.

Does that mean that weird issue where the twi'lek's head was a lot darker than her body fixed in 1.8?

Does that mean that weird issue where the twi'lek's head was a lot darker than her body fixed in 1.8?

Yessir... MUCH darker. Notice that that light green body still doesn't match up with the green heads used...

Yessir... MUCH darker. Notice that that light green body still doesn't match up with the green heads used...

Hey Varsity, do you happen to know any reason as to why or how the twilek dancers could be causing the freeze-up on the xbox? Apparently its not falt but something else in the cantina locking up the xbox.

When you remove all creatures from it, it loads fine with no lockups, but when you load up falt and the dancers it freezes up. :)

Hey Varsity, do you happen to know any reason as to why or how the twilek dancers could be causing the freeze-up on the xbox? Apparently its not falt but something else in the cantina locking up the xbox.

When you remove all creatures from it, it loads fine with no lockups, but when you load up falt and the dancers it freezes up. :)

It's the dancers head models I'm guessing. That's the only thing that would do it. Well, other than Corrun Falt's head.

Here's what's been tested:

- remove all creatures from the git - module loads

- remove only falt and female twilek dancers from the git - module loads not

But the two shouldn't be a problem anyway, because xt removed the model files from the override.

It appears that some other creature in the module is for some random reason causing the module to crash.

EDIT: There are two more female twileks in the module... I still don't get why it's causing it to crash when the modified mdl files aren't even in the override..

Edited by bead-v

lol maybe too much for the xbox ram-wise, it has been known to crash due to that...

how could that be too much ram-wise? We need some input from VP on how to go about sorting the cantina issue. :)

Delete NPC's one by one till it works and you identify the culprit?

It could be the X-box has issues with the seating of NPC's... it would be pretty lame, but well, it's not a very powerful system by today's standards.