Sith Holocron

Aurebesh for the Beginner

Ever wondered if those signs written in the Star Wars font Aurebesh actually meant anything? They do!

Enjoy the slideshows.

9jMrqkU.gif

Pl7WyLQ.gif

QJSw1GR.gif

Huh. Didn't think it was that simple. Still, I did pretty much the same thing for the flatscreen-like monitor in my own Telos texture mod, although it was a bit more complicated(explaining a few current events in the game).

aurebesh_chart.jpg

It would probably be easier to use this handy chart to translate the text from the various Star Wars games independently  (*To translate, just match the letter with its phonetic equivalent under the symbol IE Aurek=A Besh=B Cresh=C...etc)

Edit_

I have this knack for not reading the previous text... I mean no condescension if that is what it sounded like; I see you already have some good examples. 

It would probably be easier to use this handy chart to translate the text from the various Star Wars games independently

I prefer this handy (and pretty) chart and there's a nice free Aurebesh font there too.

I didn't use that font though. I used these: Aurek-Besh and Aurek-Besh Narrow.

Anyway, I asked for examples from JK3 - actual examples from within the game because I want to see what they put in there.

When working with Aurebesh a lot, I found some interesting things on signs in some other games, like JK3.

LOL, I found that too! In JK3, you can tell on the home page that it says 2003 without knowing aurebesh, the full home page reads as follows:

Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy Developed By Raven Software Published By Lucasarts Entertainment Company Features Create Your Own Jedi Tiered Level System New MP Game Siege New Sabers New Force Powers Arioch Terrain System New Enemies And more Coming Summer 2003 And yes this really does say something if you translate it.

• Like 1

(Caught you there didn't I SH? :P)

Note post #8 was unchanged before your post. I will change the thread name. (Good catch!)

Someone should change the subtitles to Aurebesh!!! Imagine the confusion!!!

I was JUST thinking about that a few hours ago...but you couldn't make it optional or restricted to certain times. :D Might be interesting on the galaxy screen.

I prefer this handy (and pretty) chart and there's a nice free Aurebesh font there too.

I didn't use that font though. I used these: Aurek-Besh and Aurek-Besh Narrow.

Anyway, I asked for examples from JK3 - actual examples from within the game because I want to see what they put in there.

Just checked your links, and now I know where the icon in the status reports for money came from.(Check the symbol for "$" in the first link.)

A designer at Obsidian thought it was Gibberish just like most of us?

Maybe... although it occurred to me that it could be the name of that cantina. Df'Liq? Seems like a Star Wars type of name

Adding that the writing on the pillars in Visas' quarters on the Ravager translates to (as pointed out in a far older thread by ttlan) SDFASD, which I'm pretty sure is nonsense.

I thought I'd finally get around to translating a sign that I saw in the Drunkard's Vote Cantina on Coruscant. Here are the results.

8LY85zF.gif

I'll do more of these from time to time.

This translation is for "The Old Republic" again. This is the Lore Object next to the next new Galactic Strongholds holo-salesperson for the new Strongholds. (Yes, that means if you click this plaque you get a Codex Entry and a small amount of experience too.)

GeYUCDn.png