Exile007

The GenoHaradan (by Exile007)

Hey everyone.

As you may know, I'm working on restoring the GenoHaradan to TSL. If you didn't know, I'm working on restoring the GenoHaradan to TSL. I've been working on this project for a little over two months, although I'm using some resources I created a few years ago. The purpose of this thread is to ask if anyone would be willing to help me beta test the mod. Unfortunately I don't have enough free time to mod and play the KotOR games. The mod is, as far as I can tell, pretty playable. The quest kicks off on Telos and ends when you finish Nar Shaddaa, so you'll need to either start a new game or be at the end of Peragus to avoid any mod conflicts. Please drop me a message if you're interested or post in this thread.

Here are some screenshots I took today while tweaking/bug fixing.

K2_00017.jpg

K2_00019.jpg

K2_00022.jpg

K2_00023.jpg

Thank you and enjoy!

• Like 2

Wow Exile, awesome stuff! Wish I could help you beta, but my situation isn't one where I can play TSL for a bit. Am very excited for this mod though, congrats on getting it to this point!

Quick question, and maybe you don't have an answer since you haven't beta tested yet. But any ideas on compatibility with some of the other big mods (out or in development)?

Just a little reminder the current version doesn't work with TSLRCM, so if you want to test, you probably don't want them combined...

Quick question, and maybe you don't have an answer since you haven't beta tested yet. But any ideas on compatibility with some of the other big mods (out or in development)?

I'll be sure to make it TSLRCM friendly. I departed a little bit from my original idea in order to make it less work for me to make it compatible. The biggest issues that I can see are in the on-enter script of the Refugee Landing Pad, which is one of the only on-enter scripts I modify. But all I have to do is decompile TSLRCM's version, make some changes, and compatible.

I would like to help Beta Test the mod, it looks very promising.

Cool. I'll send you the mod once my tweaking/bug-fixing is complete.

And as Hasset Hunter said, I'm not working with any of the TSLRCM developers on this, so compatibility isn't the immediate concern. The immediate concern right now is that one of the GenoHaradan Disciples is missing his head...

Cool. I'll send you the mod once my tweaking/bug-fixing is complete.

And as Hasset Hunter said, I'm not working with any of the TSLRCM developers on this, so compatibility isn't the immediate concern. The immediate concern right now is that one of the GenoHaradan Disciples is missing his head...

As I said, I would like to help with the beta testing, now that I have some free time and I would love to see it finally restored in the game.

Just a small update. I've compiled a short list of stuff which needs to be done before I have a beta version (maybe even final if I'm doing my job right). These are obviously spoilers, so viewer discretion is advised. :P

-Create Lipsynch for Batu Rem dialog

-Create new items for the GenoHaradan Disciples

-Create unique items for Dessicus

-Fix scripts in 301Nar where dialog will sometimes not fire

-Add perception scripts so the GenoHaradan guys start conversations with the player instead of the player having to walk up to them

-Add a quick scene where party members meet up with the player and they all live happily ever after.

• Like 1

I've seen at least two versions of the cut-scene when . . .

I was wondering which ones you planned to use in that cut-scene. Would you mind sharing that information or do you prefer it to be a surprise?

-Add perception scripts so the GenoHaradan guys start conversations with the player instead of the player having to walk up to them

If it's just for talk/atton, triggers are probably better for this than a perception check

If it's just for talk/atton, triggers are probably better for this than a perception check

I don't want to modify the .git files. That's just asking for incompatibilities in other mods.

I was wondering which ones you planned to use in that cut-scene. Would you mind sharing that information or do you prefer it to be a surprise?

I made a version of it a few years ago. It's on youtube. The title is "The Fragile Alliance Falls Apart". The scene has been tweaked in a few ways... I won't give away how, but I feel they are improvements.

Done with the beta version of this! Sweet. I'm really stoked to finally get this thing out the door. :)

Please message me if you're interested. In the mean time, I'm going to work on TSLRCM compatibility.

And here are some screenshots.

K2_00000.jpg

K2_00001.jpg

K2_00002.jpg

Yeah... Force Lightning doesn't look great xP

Enjoy!

• Like 1

I think the Force Lightning looks awesome... cool screenies!

Would people be interested if I released two versions of this mod - one TSLRCM friendly and one that is incompatible? Because the way I see it, there's no point in me trying to work on compatibility for version 1.7 because of changes in 1.8 that will nullify any compatibility.

Since nearly 100% of the people on this here forum use TSLRCM, I would say just develop it with 1.7 compatibility and then make whatever small changes you might have to with 1.8.

I would say to get out the mod for the vanilla, and when 1.8 comes out then you should make the mod compatible with it.

exept most people +65% of people who use kotor 2 mod (include file front, lucas forum, deadly streams)use TSLRCM. so i would try pleasing the people who its going to appeal more to because this is mainly restorashion

Since nearly 100% of the people on this here forum use TSLRCM, I would say just develop it with 1.7 compatibility and then make whatever small changes you might have to with 1.8.

LOL small changes. xD

I'm thinking I'll release it primarily for vanilla TSL, but I'll include the files to make it compatible with 1.7. Maybe I can get some free time this weekend to do some bug fixing.

LOL small changes. xD

I'm thinking I'll release it primarily for vanilla TSL, but I'll include the files to make it compatible with 1.7. Maybe I can get some free time this weekend to do some bug fixing.

I think the two extremes - TSL vanilla and TSLRCM 1.8 compatibility - are your best bets. No sense on including it for intermediate versions of the TSLRCM. Why give yourself the extra work?

;)

• Like 1

To Exile007

Erm... The GenoHaradan was already restored in TSLRP, isn't it? And why are you doing what is already done?

Because TSLRP's version SUCKS (to put it midly)

Ok. Then good luck to Exile007 and to LordOfHunger too... if he is still working on GenoHaradan revision patch.

Because TSLRP's version SUCKS (to put it midly)

I'm going to take that as a compliment. :P

@darth_gil: TSLRP was never officially released. Even if it was, it's not like they have a copyright on who can mod what. No one's getting paid to do modding. That being said, my version of the GenoHaradan differs in several ways. The GenoHaradan encounter takes place during the second act of the game (searching for the Jedi Masters) as opposed to the third act (post-rebuilt enclave sequence). In my opinion, this is a better place to have the encounter. I feel that the third act of The Sith Lords should be dedicated to the resolution of plots instead of introducing new ones. The TSLRP version of the GenoHaradan kind of felt shoe-horned in for the sake of having the mind-reading sequence.

My version of the mod does not include the mind-reading sequence, but does include some other cut content in its place.

Edit: as far as I know, Lord of Hunger is no longer working on his revisioning mod.

I would like to think that I did a better job than TSLRP did... but the GenoHaradan really belong as the focus of a planet, not some sidequest. If I ever were to do a total conversion mod (God forbid), then I would make Nar Shaddaa a planet and swap the Exchange with the GenoHaradan.

They were a sidequest in the first game, and honestly, I think it makes more sense for them to be a sidequest in the sequel. Just like ME1 and ME2. Most things that were sidequests in ME1, if they reappeared, were still sidequests in ME2. That said...

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this turns out!

EDIT: Do you think you could give us a rundown of how you implemented this into the game or how it will work with TSLRCM?