EpicStoffer

Immersive AI Voice Acted "Make Mission a Jedi" mod

36 minutes ago, EpicStoffer said:

reasonable timeline

I guess it all depends on how you define reasonable. I've dreamt about the ability for mods to perfectly replicate the original VO since before KOTOR even released, so to me another year or two after already waiting a quarter of a century for it doesn't make much difference.

• Like 2

Request 1:
If anyone feels like providing feedback to some of the written dialogue I've done for various triggers, do let me know. Currently it's only myself working on the written dialogue, and I'd personally love to have another pair of eyes on some of the stuff that I'm writing, to potentially make it even better. :)

Request 2:
On the off chance that someone is able and willing to create a new lightsaber hilt, that's compatible with the upgrade to lightsabers from This Mod, I do think it would be amazing if Mission could gain a unique lightsaber.
Currently Mission only has a unique robe, and I think having a unique lightsaber as well, would help make it more interesting, and visually pleasing to turn Mission into a Jedi. The only real requirement, would be for it to roughly match the colour scheme used in her robe

Mission.jpg.4a7aad2763966a94e8c6de16b630c570.jpg

Progress update:

Thanks to Skpy, I've now gotten most/all the audio needed for my triggers on Kashyyk and Dantoine, and have created the DLG and trigger for one of them, and going to create the .dlg and trigger for Kashyyk in one of the upcoming days. This means that for the triggers aspect of the mod to be completed, I still need to cover the triggers I want to setup on the remaining planets (excluding Taris). Thankfully I've already written out a rough draft for most dialogue, and figured out where to place the majority of the triggers conceptually.

When the trigger implementation on all planets is finally finished, the plan is to look at Lehon, and attempt to see if I can let a DS turned Mission join a DS Revan, and add a bit of more content where she'd normally be absent from the game on a DS playthrough.

Once I manage to complete the remaining parts described above, that should mark the conclusion of the WIP aspect of the mod, and have it enter into its release stage.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I love the idea of bringing new life to classic games like Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. Having AI voice acting adds an extra layer of immersion to the experience, making it feel even more like you're in the Star Wars universe. It's amazing to see the dedication and creativity of modders in the gaming community. I can't wait to try out this mod and embark on Mission's journey to become a Jedi. And hey, if I need help with my gaming essays, I'll definitely check out https://essaypro.com !

Edited by Calabawak
  • Like 2

On 5/27/2024 at 3:57 AM, LordMerek said:

Does anybody know if this is still being worked on?

It's currently in modding limbo. I sorted out *most* stuff, but then I lost motivation to finish it up.

I still have all the files and so on intact, but I probably won't finish up the mod, until I randomly feel like replaying Kotor again, or suddenly get the passion to finish up the mod.
ElevenLabs changing their policies on voice cloning, so only paid users have access to it, also means I've lost access to the voice that I created of Mission and her cousin (thankfully I think I have enough voice lines already, to get a decent version of the mod out there).

When I return I'll probably just limit my ambitions, and try and get a working version out so as to just have it out there, if anyone feels like playing it.

I'm expecting the final version of the mod, to be limited to Dantoine interactions, and a bit of additional global dialogue, and including robe and such. It'll also retain the ability to push Mission towards being light or dark side, but it'll mostly be a relatively superficial decision, compared to what was initially envisioned.

45 minutes ago, EpicStoffer said:

It's currently in modding limbo. I sorted out *most* stuff, but then I lost motivation to finish it up.

I still have all the files and so on intact, but I probably won't finish up the mod, until I randomly feel like replaying Kotor again, or suddenly get the passion to finish up the mod.
ElevenLabs changing their policies on voice cloning, so only paid users have access to it, also means I've lost access to the voice that I created of Mission and her cousin (thankfully I think I have enough voice lines already, to get a decent version of the mod out there).

When I return I'll probably just limit my ambitions, and try and get a working version out so as to just have it out there, if anyone feels like playing it.

I'm expecting the final version of the mod, to be limited to Dantoine interactions, and a bit of additional global dialogue, and including robe and such. It'll also retain the ability to push Mission towards being lige or dark side, but it'll mostly be a relatively superficial decision, compared to what was initially envisioned.

That's unfortunate, but I hope the full version of the mod comes out one day. Because I really, really want this. We dark side players don't get shit.

I wish you the best of luck.

• Like 3

This work is great, I hope you can finish it, I see that you made another tunic for Mission Kotor 2 style, although one of the mods to make her Jedi already came with a tunic, is it possible to add your tunic without removing the previous one?

• Like 1

This is a mod with huge potential. I would really like to see it in the final version with voice acting. We are really looking forward to it.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2024 at 2:14 AM, jacd28 said:

This work is great, I hope you can finish it, I see that you made another tunic for Mission Kotor 2 style, although one of the mods to make her Jedi already came with a tunic, is it possible to add your tunic without removing the previous one?

It's been a while since I messed around with this project, but iirc it shouldn't be an issue to include both. Fun fact, the custom Jedi robe for Mission, is actually a happy accident that I ended up loving.
In reality, it's a mixture of the Redhawk tunic you're refering to, and another jedi robe, that was conflicting with each other, that ended up creating the jedi robe for Mission that you saw in the clip.

I'm *pretty* sure I figured out how to make it into a single file, when I was last messing around with it. I'll be sure to have a look at it , now that you've requested to be able to use both :)

10 hours ago, Etienne76 said:

This is a mod with huge potential. I would really like to see it in the final version with voice acting. We are really looking forward to it.

Thanks for this message. Messages like these greatly helps with fanning the flames of motivation for the project. I've finally gotten access to high quality voice cloning again, so I'm 100% finishing up this mod at some point before that expires (which is in around 10 months or so). :) 

• Like 3

I would like to add that the Mission's development as a Jedi, of course, should not be so crumpled in the end. Maybe she should be removed from the party, and in order for her to be in the game again, the player will have to return to Dantooine for her. If you know how to do this, that would be just great.

18 hours ago, EpicStoffer said:

It's been a while since I messed around with this project, but iirc it shouldn't be an issue to include both. Fun fact, the custom Jedi robe for Mission, is actually a happy accident that I ended up loving.
In reality, it's a mixture of the Redhawk tunic you're refering to, and another jedi robe, that was conflicting with each other, that ended up creating the jedi robe for Mission that you saw in the clip.

I'm *pretty* sure I figured out how to make it into a single file, when I was last messing around with it. I'll be sure to have a look at it , now that you've requested to be able to use both :)

Thanks for this message. Messages like these greatly helps with fanning the flames of motivation for the project. I've finally gotten access to high quality voice cloning again, so I'm 100% finishing up this mod at some point before that expires (which is in around 10 months or so). :) 

As they say good things come to those who wait. I am quite excited for this. Good luck.