Sign in to follow this  
Salk

[KotOR scripting] GetObjectSeen()

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone has ever used the GetObjectSeen() function successfully in the KotOR game. I am trying to use it as trigger in the following code:

while (GetIsObjectValid(oCreature)) {
   if (((GetStandardFaction(oCreature) == STANDARD_FACTION_HOSTILE_1) || (GetStandardFaction(oCreature) == STANDARD_FACTION_HOSTILE_2) || (GetStandardFaction(oCreature) == STANDARD_FACTION_INSANE))  && ((GetDistanceBetween(oCreature, oLeader) < 17.5) || (GetDistanceBetween(oCreature, oNPC2) < 17.5) || (GetDistanceBetween(oCreature, oNPC1) < 17.5))) {
     nCombatZone = 1;
   }
   oCreature = GetNextObjectInArea(GetArea(oSelf), OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE);
  }
  if (IsNPCPartyMember(NPC_MISSION)) {
    int nUndisturbed = 0;
    if ((oNPC2 == OBJECT_INVALID) || (!GetObjectSeen(oNPC2, oMission))) {
      if ((oNPC1 == OBJECT_INVALID) || (!GetObjectSeen(oNPC1, oMission))) {
        nUndisturbed = 1;
      }
    }
    if ((GetGlobalBoolean("SURVIVAL_INSTINCT")) && ((nUndisturbed == 0) || (nCombatZone == 1) || ((!GetSoloMode()) && (GetPartyMemberCount() > 1)))) {
      AssignCommand(oMission, ClearAllEffects());
      SetGlobalBoolean("SURVIVAL_INSTINCT", FALSE);
    }
    if ((!GetGlobalBoolean("SURVIVAL_INSTINCT")) && (nCombatZone == 0) && (nUndisturbed == 1) && (GetSoloMode() || GetPartyMemberCount() == 1)) {
      AssignCommand(oMission, SurvivalInstinct());
    }
  }

The goal is to verify Mission does not detect the presence of other party members so I thought of GetObjectSeen() for the purpose. There is GetLastPerceived() but it is said to be used in OnPerception scripts and that is not my case.

Cheers!

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn

Custom OnPerception event? Seems like that would work essentially how you want it to.

Hello, Qui-Gon Glenn!

13 hours ago, Qui-Gon Glenn said:

Custom OnPerception event? Seems like that would work essentially how you want it to.

I thought about it too and it may be worth a try but I think there might be an issue when saving/loading the game.

void main()
{
     int nEvent = GetUserDefinedEventNumber();
     if (nEvent == 2002)
     {
          object oTarget = GetLastPerceived();
          if ((GetLastPerceptionSeen()) && GetIsPC(oTarget))
          {
            // Bonus off
          }
          if ((GetLastPerceptionVanished()) && GetIsPC(oTarget))
          {
            // Bonus on
          }

}
}

Let's say I save the game after a party member was perceived. If I am not mistaken, the OnPerception event won't run when loading it again.

If you want to get a better idea of what is going on, edit all the includes to change the debug logging functions to use SendMessageToPC and then recompile k_ai_master with them. The only limitation is that the feedback screen has a very small back buffer, so you'll need to be pausing every second to check it due to the volume of stuff that will be piped to it.

• Like 1

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn

I didn't read your OP thoroughly enough. Your use case probably excludes that, making my post a little silly in retrospect.

That said, my rusty out of tune brain thinks of setting a boolean. This could turn into lots of booleans, so probably a bad idea.

If I knock any cobbwebs loose I'll toss an idea.