Sign in to follow this  
spoderrmon

Adding a new custom .mdl file for a new robe?

So basically what I'm trying to do is to add a new robe with a custom model (.mdl and .mdx) and custom texture as a new robe armor. I'm not sure how to do this because I can't edit the .uti to use the custom model instead of the default pmbis.mdl, pmbim.mdl, pmbil.mdl? My knowledge in this is very limited so I apologize if I'm sounding stupid right now lmao

UTI files don't determine the body model directly. The UTI file determines the base item type, which points to a row in baseitems.2da. That row determines a letter (A–J in K1, A–N in K2) for the body model variation, which points to a column in appearance.2da. The final model is determined by the entry in appearance.2da located at the appearance row and model variation column.

It's not possible to add an additional body model variation because the game will not recognize new columns added to appearance.2da.

All extant body model variations are used for K1. In K2, model J is unused. Mod compatibility is an issue, however, as that is the only one available.

34 minutes ago, JCarter426 said:

UTI files don't determine the body model directly. The UTI file determines the base item type, which points to a row in baseitems.2da. That row determines a letter (A–J in K1, A–N in K2) for the body model variation, which points to a column in appearance.2da. The final model is determined by the entry in appearance.2da located at the appearance row and model variation column.

It's not possible to add an additional body model variation because the game will not recognize new columns added to appearance.2da.

All extant body model variations are used for K1. In K2, model J is unused. Mod compatibility is an issue, however, as that is the only one available.

Ah, I see, this really cleared things up. Thanks for the info!

What if I replace the default scoundrel outfit with the new robe? Is that possible? I have tried to edit the hex files and use K-GFF to edit the files but I can't really find how to do this lol...

Edited by spoderrmon

You can replace a body slot, yes. You an either replace the model files, which would affect everyone who uses that model file, or patch appearance.2da to have entries point to a new model, which would only affect whomever you want. It depends on what you want to do.

Models can be edited with the following tools:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JCarter426 said:

You can replace a body slot, yes. You an either replace the model files, which would affect everyone who uses that model file, or patch appearance.2da to have entries point to a new model, which would only affect whomever you want. It depends on what you want to do.

Models can be edited with the following tools:

thank you, JCarter. I will have to use  KotorBlender for a Recruitment mods I have floating in my head.  Monique and Celeste Morne Recruitment i have floating in my head.