Sign in to follow this  
Ol' Cappy

[K1] Adding new column in feat.2da?

So, as part of a mod that I have been messing around with for personal use, I've been trying to give Zalbaar his own custom class that is identical in every way.  The only thing I would like to change is the feat availability and auto-level/recommended feats so he can't get access to the armor feats.  I know I could get around this by marking the sol_granted to 3 and not having it show up that way, but the game could give Zalbaar the armor feats if you put them in the recommended feats for the class.

Is there a way to add in a new column at the very end of feat.2da and have Zalbaar's custom class reference that?

it is possible to do a custom class for non force users.   Right now, I am working on a mod that gives Zalbaar Wookie Berserker class and a fairly big mod that tries to make NPCs bit unique by custom classes and specializations. While giving a Player to "learn" new specialization over their travels and able to upload them into the Ebon Hawk's computer.

First off you need to get familar with both Dialogue and Classes.2da files completely before you do anything.

Adding or removing Columns are a No due to the fact they are hard coded. Also due to his status as a Wookie, he is unable to equip armor of any sorts. there is a script code that prevents any Wookie from wearing Armor within Kotor 1.

10 hours ago, Ol' Cappy said:

So, as part of a mod that I have been messing around with for personal use, I've been trying to give Zalbaar his own custom class that is identical in every way.  The only thing I would like to change is the feat availability and auto-level/recommended feats so he can't get access to the armor feats.  I know I could get around this by marking the sol_granted to 3 and not having it show up that way, but the game could give Zalbaar the armor feats if you put them in the recommended feats for the class.

Is there a way to add in a new column at the very end of feat.2da and have Zalbaar's custom class reference that?

Yes, this is doable. Add the new class in classes.2da, and give it a new 3-letter code in the featstable column. Let's say you pick ZAL. Then you add new columns in feat.2da and call them zal_list, zal_granted and zal_recom. The game will automatically associate them with the new class if the codes match.

KotorTool's 2da editor won't add new columns, though, so you'll have to use something else. I think back in the day I converted 2das so they could be edited in Excel? I'm sure there's a few different solutions.

1 hour ago, DeathScepter said:

Adding or removing Columns are a No due to the fact they are hard coded.

I know you learned that from me, but I was specifically talking about appearance.2da there. It depends on the 2da, some take extra columns and some don't.

• Like 1