Sign in to follow this  
EAF97

Question regarding the Sith Species vs the Massassi

So I have a question regarding the relationship between the Sith species and the Massassi which were their warrior caste and were like a separate sub-species. They were bigger, stronger and more brutal but also less intelligent and lived for much shorter. Were the Massassi basically what the Sith purebloods were like before fully evolving? According to Legends material the Sith evolved to humanoid forms mostly prior to the Dark Jedi arriving and interbreeding w/ them. Did they basically continue to breed people as soldiers to be like what their ancient ancestors were, or were the Massassi purely a creation of Sith alchemy and enhancement?

image.png.f6c8a57a41d9e0685bffd36e3ab8a4d8.png

I think we can only speculate about some of that, but I haven't read anywhere that the Massassi are some kind of spawn from Sith alchemy. I think it's more like our genus (homo), you had several different sub-species walking the Earth at the same time.
Humanoid doesn't exactly mean "look the most like a human", it's more like "2 legs, 2 arms and a head", so the Massassi are also humanoid. "To have fully evolved" is also something that's open to discussion, an ant is great at what it does and the species thrives.
From what I understand, the ones that call themselves Purebred are actually quite deluted genetically, ironic.

• Like 2