ZM90

Official K1R Progress Thread

I imagine they will release it. . . When it's done.

Okay, smarty pants, when will it be done? :P

Sorry but I couldn't resist.

Neither could I. :hot:

• Like 1

Okay, smarty pants, when will it be done? :P

When it's done...in other words I'm not giving a definitive release date that I don't know can be kept, believe me I learned that lesson with the demo.

If progress is too slow for you then you are welcome to learn how to mod K1, show us what you can do, then have the possibility of joining the K1R team to help speed up progress.

I mean we're not too actively recruiting but we won't say no to help that would get the mod done quicker :P.

• Like 1

I've worked on enough mods for other games to know that giving a release date is never a good idea, ZM90. My comment was meant to be a joke at Sith Holocron. As for my work, I have over a dozen Morrowind mods that I can offer as examples of my work. I have no issues with learning how to mod K1R. From what I've seen of dlg files, they operate similarly to how NWN handles conversations so as soon as I learned the tools, I'd be able to jump into doing dialog. The problem I have right now is that I don't know what tools I would need to mod, nor how to use them. The thing with NWN is that all dialog is contained in the mod itself. It looks like K1R is like Morrowind in that dialog is part of the game itself (technically it's in the Morrowind.esm "mod", but you need that file to actually play the game), but you can modify said dialog via the construction set that comes with the game. I haven't seen anything similar for K1R. If you can point towards some good tutorials, I'd appreciate it.

• Like 1

Pretty much all of KotOR is based on NWN - they even left references to it in files (look at some of the available item properties, for example). Anyway, here is where you'll find the tools, and here is where you'll find tutorials on how to use them. There's also here, but that's still work-in-progress.

Dantooine is pretty much finished barring minor tweaks, believe me I squeezed in as much of the early content as I could without opening up a bunch of holes in the plot. By the way the Screen of the Week is from Dantooine from the last thing I restored :).

• Like 1

Hi there, I know you don't like being pestered about when the mod would be ready for release or anything like that. But I was just wondering if you guys had any idea how much work you had left to do or how much you've completed?

Yes, basically I'm being impatient, but it looks like it'll be really cool and I'm a big fan of restored content.

Hi there, I know you don't like being pestered about when the mod would be ready for release or anything like that. But I was just wondering if you guys had any idea how much work you had left to do or how much you've completed?

Yes, basically I'm being impatient, but it looks like it'll be really cool and I'm a big fan of restored content.

Depends on the pace of things really. That's all I am going to say because if I shared anymore information you would either get too excited or disappointed. Yes I am being vague and for good reason too. You will see the mod when it is finished though trust me.

Big KOTOR fan here (no surprises, I assume). I love that there's still an active team working on this project!  

I've played the original countless times.  How much content was cut from the original game, and how much do you plan on adding back?  Do you have a rough percentage of total content, or would you rather not say?  

Someone in a youtube comment said that hoth was originally intended as a planet, it probably isn't salvageable though.

Big KOTOR fan here (no surprises, I assume). I love that there's still an active team working on this project!

I've played the original countless times. How much content was cut from the original game, and how much do you plan on adding back? Do you have a rough percentage of total content, or would you rather not say?

There's a decent amount, but unlike with KotOR 2 the majority of the content needs custom content to be fully integrated. We plan on adding it all back, if possible.

Someone in a youtube comment said that hoth was originally intended as a planet, it probably isn't salvageable though.

There's nothing in the game files, at least from what I've seen. If it was intended as a planet, it probably never made it out of the planning stages.

There's a decent amount, but unlike with KotOR 2 the majority of the content needs custom content to be fully integrated. We plan on adding it all back, if possible.

There's nothing in the game files, at least from what I've seen. If it was intended as a planet, it probably never made it out of the planning stages.

Indeed, although keep in mind it will not be possible to restore absolutely everything but we will certainly do our best to get as much as possible restored.

The closest thing in the game's files that could even hint at the possibility of Hoth is a cut item called "Cold Serum" which is supposedly meant to protect the player against the chilling extremes of the cold but the .uti is actually found in a Unknown World module so I assume it has more to do with the possibility of droids that try to freeze the player or something.

Hey, hi there. I've been watching you for a long time and i'm grateful to you for this work.
When will you release the final build? I cant wait anymore. :D

Hey I was just curious as to how progress is coming on the mod; good, slow, or other wise. It's been almost a month since any word about it was spoken and I wont lie.... I'm kinda chompin' at the bit for this thing so I hope progress is good. Hopefully this doesn't sound like some passive aggressive attempt at getting a release date... 'cause I don't mean it to if it does.

I'm glad that this project is still being worked on, back in 2007 a group of us called Team Jawa tried to complete this but due to the disappearance of our project leader and time restraints we never actually finished it. That said in order to build Sleheyron we made advancements into the area MDL format to create custom modules so some good came of our work. Really hope for the best with this guys

I was glovemaster back then ;) can definitely have a route around my old HDD since I probably saved the work I did at least but I did lose a lot at one point to a reformat so I'll let you know

I've recovered 2 tools I developed for the project and unfortunately only 2 fixes that we had finished which are quite simple and light fixes to be honest: the Iriaz Dantooine modules fix and some 'Dorax fix' which to be honest with it being years since I've played the game I don't know what it fixes but you are free to have them all if you want just message me on LucasForums - they're small contributions but the best I can offer it seems.

I do also have some of the work that we did on building Sleheyron modules, as I said we successfully created new modules in the game however we didn't actually get round to working any of the modules that Quanon had designed into the game, problem at the time being that he built the modules up in 3dsmax as layers which was problematic when getting them to work in the game as they game uses a room system - in any case I'm not sure if Q donated the modules to this project or what was happening with that but if you want them, then he's the guy to talk to. IIRC he designed the Sleheyron space port and I _think_ he did another Sleheyron module too.

Good to have you here GroovyCarrot.  There are times when I am very busy because I have real life outside of K1R but a lot of this massive undertaking has already been accomplished and the good thing is that even if there is no way to contact me for a few days the team can usually work very independently of me so if I went missing like your leader did I still believe the project would see release in some form, and plus we use dropbox so that's always good.  Still most of this is not usually a problem as I can typically be reached via PM on Deadly Stream.  

I've pm'd with a dropbox link to all the files I've got that are of use to you, it's not much but you might have good use for them

Okay, I'm new to the kotor modding scene, and I'm a bit late haha. Its 2013 and the game was released in what 07? I played it on the Xbox as a kid, and just got into modding more recently but no one cares so anyway. I have a couple of questions here, and a few statements haha. So here I go.

I don't know how many of you are aware, but kotor was recently ported to ios and released on the App Store as an iPad app. This is pretty awesome, and the game is everything it was on the pc and xbox. From a modding perspective though, it raised so,e questions for me. Such as you know, can you mod it?! Short answer is yes. It appears that the entire port to ios is just one giant mod. All the files converting the game GUI to a touchscreen friendly model are contained in the override folder in the kotor directory just like any other mod would be. So it seemed reasonable to me that, since the everything is intact as far as the game goes and its file system- mods should work on kotor for ios. And they did. Copy the needed mod files into the override directory and everything works just fine as far as modding goes. You can jailbreak and do this with ifile or you can use a desktop application such as iFunbox or iExplorer to access the kotor directory.

Okay up to this point I've just been throwing that out there for other kotor fans with an iPad who might be interested but here's my question- will your mod be compatible with ios? I know its probably doubtful to expect work to be done in an effort for compatibility with ios, as the vast majority of users will be in the pc, but do you as the developers know of any reason it shouldn't? Just curious, because quite frankly, kotor is awesome, kotor mods are even better, and having it all on an iPad is freaking sweet. So thanks you guys! Whether it works with ios or not when the finished product is out, its still awesome, and I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we all appreciate the time and effort you guys put into this stuff.

One last thing- I know you've been asked this about a thousand times, but its been almost a month since last update- How's progress? Dare I ask if you have a guesstimatable time frame yet? :D