ZM90

Official K1R Progress Thread

Found this small mod on KotOR Files: http://knightsoftheo...Shaleena;117382

The author, Jedi Raven, found the real appearance for Shaleena in the game's files. For some reason, it was not used in the final retail version.

Would this be something y'all would consider restoring?

I'd like to point out that the appearance for Shaleena is already restored by K1R, in fact it was restored last week along with almost all of the undercity's cut content.

You can all direct your thanks to Fallen Guardian for his great work on the Taris Undercity.

I'd have a new screen of the week up but, there isn't anything that interesting to show on Taris yet and besides I don't want to ruin all of the little surprises. ;)

Sooooooo what have you guys done? Two months have passed since the last post here so there should be something new done, right?

Well I've pretty much finished up most of the stuff that relates to cut black Vulkar content.

And I'm sure that other team members have been hard at work.

Well I've pretty much finished up most of the stuff that relates to cut black Vulkar content.

And I'm sure that other team members have been hard at work.

Yep FG and I polished up the Vulkar sublevel so well that it will look like it's from the final version of the game.

There were 4 versions of the Vulkar sublevel for K1R

V1.0 - a bare-bones restoration via only connecting the sub-level to the main level via a warp script.

V2.0 - addition of certain items (didn't quite fit), fixed the appearance of one NPC

V3.0 - removal of certain items, addition of different items, addition of VO for NPCs missing it, addition of missing soundsets.

V4.0 - got rid of the too many of one kind of item thing adding in more variety of items, beefed up the enemies, added journal entries, added a mini-boss.

There are also a couple of surprises in the Vulkar Base main level as well.

I am responsible for Sub-level versions 1.0 to 3.0 and FG is responsible for the additions in 4.0.

I restored the Lower City as well but, FG connected the areas for me.

I also worked on restoring the Trask soundset which is finished I just need to figure out how to get KTool to recognize it.

I also worked on restoring the Trask soundset which is finished I just need to figure out how to get KTool to recognize it.

You wont. Use GFFEditor to apply it to the character instead.

You wont. Use GFFEditor to apply it to the character instead.

Okay I just need to know how to get GFFEditor to recognize it. I have the custom .ssf file finished. I suppose that the value has to be something other than the name of the file I'm not sure what though.

Looking forward to this one. *cheerleader girl style* GOGOGO ZM90. GOGOGO MANDALORE. GOGOGO whoever else is involved and not listed here. ;)

Quick question: Is it possible to restore the ability to upgrade your swoop?

At the minimum we will be taking a look at that I mean we want to if possible but, if it turns out not being possible then don't be disappointed as K1R will still have plenty of other awesome things. The only major thing I would say stands in the way of restoring that is the fact that it's never been done before, hell I don't think anyone has ever messed with the swoop stuff regarding the KotOR games. So in short we don't know but, we'll look into it.

I know that you will restore Sleheyron on other version, but on this version will you restore everything else or most of it?

on this version will you restore everything else or most of it?

I'd say most of it hell we even have plans to restore things that normally do not make sense in the context of the final game (one thing we already have restored for example that doesn't normally make sense in the final game is Bastila on Korriban). As for how those pieces of content play out while at the same time working with the final game well we have to add a bit of content here and there to make it happen. K1R doesn't care if it has to add a bit of original content to bring something back that doesn't normally make sense mainly due to the fact if we don't well there wouldn't be as much cut content for people to enjoy in K1R.

K1R doesn't care if it has to add a bit of original content to bring something back that doesn't normally make sense - mainly due to the fact if we don't, there wouldn't be as much cut content for people to enjoy in K1R.

Then your mod isn't really a "restoration" is it? It's more of a "this sounded neat so we're jamming it in there even if we have to make up stuff" mod.

I imagine that would make the mod title a little cumbersome though.

Then your mod isn't really a "restoration" is it? It's more of a "this sounded neat so we're jamming it in there even if we have to make up stuff" mod.

I imagine that would make the mod title a little cumbersome though.

Now SH we don't really add too much custom content normally only things that are necessary for the restored stuff to work with final game (with the exception for "custom content" that is based on developer statements like "Return to Dantoinee"). I'll give you a example.

Okay so for Bastila on Korriban all that was done was I added a option to persuade Bastila and if the PC is successful it unlocks the content for Bastila to go to Korriban and both (Success) and (Failure) are merely lines she uses in the final game. So the only custom content which was added in said case was the persuade option by the PC.

So the custom content's main purpose is to make sure something can be restored to make sense with the final game.

That right there is my main argument, and while some people may be uncomfortable with a bit of custom content here and there it is ultimately better as it ultimately brings more cut content back. Think of K1R as something in between TSLRCM and something like M4-78 EP.

Like M4-78 EP we will add custom content to preserve cut content but, unlike M4-78 EP we won't be adding sidequests based on absolutely nothing official. While return to Dantoinee for example may be considered custom content it will be based on something official at least (developer statements).

So actually I'd call it a "restoration at all cost except by sacrificing already existing content even if that means a bit of custom content mod" but, that name is too cumbersome now isn't it? :P

If we restored some of the content without any custom content it would force us to cut content from the final game and I don't think anyone wants that but, everyone wants as much content as possible restored. We will be sure to integrate what custom content there is seamlessly into the game so that it will be very hard to tell for those who haven't completely researched it "hmm is this restoration with a bit of custom content or pure restoration".

Like M4-78 EP we will add custom content to preserve cut content but, unlike M4-78 EP we won't be adding sidequests based on absolutely nothing official. While "Return to Dantooine" for example may be considered custom content, it will be based on something official at least (developer statements).

Ah . . . but that's why the EP is called the "Enhancement Project" in the first place - because material has been added. But most of this is really just teasing.

On a more serious note: Regarding the "Return of Dantooine" portion, could get an update of what's actually involved with that? The original thread at LucasForums doesn't have the most up to date information on it.

I have read forums abaut it but there is no current answer, so my question is, will you fix the glich with xor?

So guys few weeks more and job done?:P nah jk will be done when u will finish it. Do u think U could finish it in next 2-3 months?

So guys few weeks more and job done?:P nah jk will be done when u will finish it. Do u think U could finish it in next 2-3 months?

When it is done, you'll hear about it here first. No release date has been or will be given.

This is the second thread in which you've asked for a release date. Further iterations of the same in the TSLRCM and K1R sections will be treated as spam and will be dealt with accordingly.

A sith trooper with a lightsaber. Not even one sith notices it. Seems legit :D

Major Hurka is voiced by Ashley Williams from Mass Effect. Seems legit :D

fix'd