Sign in to follow this  
SovereignXII

Possible to change footstep sounds associated with an armour?

I'm using a mod which replaced the Mandalorian armours with their disguise version, but the Red and Yellow version have a metal clanking sound for their footsteps like it was HK-47 or some other droid. I'm trying to see if I can change the footstep sounds for these 2 armours with Kotor Tools but I don't know how to do so. Does anyone have a clue?

I'm guessing its an appearance.2da edit, as both N_mandalorian02 and 03 both have footsteptype as 2 and soundapptype as 6 which is identical to the HK-47 foosteptype as 2 and soundapptype as 6. Perhaps change those two numbers to either what the PC normally has which if you check the P_mal_XXX anything you'll notice its listed as 0 and 0, or change it to any human NPC numbers. 

Since I haven't made this edit myself ever, I'm not 100% sure about it.

• Like 2

I just checked footstepsounds.2da, and 0 is listed as "Soft", whereas 2 is listed as "Droid". So, hopefully this confirms what Jc2 is saying; just change the "footstepsound" column of the N_mandalorian section from a "2" to "0" in Appearance.2da with the Kotortool, and that should fix it. (Unsure about the "Soundapptype", as that's a bit outside of my personal knowledge base) One thing I'd like to note is that the Kotortool has an idiosyncrasy where it won't save your changes to a column unless you click onto another one before saving. It's a bit complicated, but I'd be willing to help if need be.

• Like 3

Thanks guys, I'll give it a go and edit my reply with the results :3

Edit: Thank you both! I messed around with it and found that 1 for the footsteps and 0 for the soundapptype is what I needed it to be :D