Sign in to follow this  
Sith Holocron

Non-VHS way to record X-Box footage?

I found a copy of Knights of Old Republic for X-BOX quite recently. Someone threw it out - game disc, untouched booklet, and case complete with cover - out in the trash. I retrieved it as I wish to play around with the Free Camera mode once I get home. A question I now pose to the Deadly Stream forums: What would be the best way to record such footage off of the X-Box (or X-Box 360) other than connecting the console to a VHS? I'd like to capture the highest quality footage possible. There must be a non-VHS way to do it and I figure you folks to be the ones that would have the know-how. I've heard that there's some sort of cable connection available from Best Buy that enables you to record directly to your PC. I've also heard something called "Dazzle" is supposed to do that too but I haven't seen any follow up information in the other forum I asked this question in. If you have any suggestions, links will certainly be helpful. Experience using said equipment would be a definite plus!

Final note: Any resultant footage will NOT be used by me in a KOTOR full length movie! LOL

Well, there are HD DVD players that have recording capacity. Maybe you should look into buying one? I suspect the record method would be the same as with a VHS player.