Sign in to follow this  
SovereignXII

[TSL] Modded saber is activate on load?

I've been messing around with a saber hilt I'm trying to get right, it's almost the way I need it to be except for a strange issue I can't seem to resolve. 

When I load my game with that hilt equipped, the beam is this really thin blue line, not visible at every angle. It fixes itself once I ignite the saber but returns again when I load.

I assume it's an issue with the .mdl file? I don't have screenshots but I can upload a video of the issue if it helps and I'll attach the mdl file to see if anyone can spot the issue.

Thanks for any assistance.

w_lghtsbr_001.mdl

17 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

One of your blade planes likely has its scale value set to 1.0 instead of 0.0. Open the ASCII in a text editor and correct it, then recompile.

The only reference to a plane I could find was within these lines, but I couldn't see anything that said 1.0. " w_Lghtsbr_098 Dummy01 lshandle01 plane242 plane239 plane241 plane240 E.powered ".

Do I change each one, such as plane242 to plane0.0?

Edit: So I used MLDOps to get an ascii file, but I don't really know what I'm looking at, I couldn't find anything that said 1.0

w_lghtsbr_001-ascii.mdl

14 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

You're not using the latest MDLOps by the looks. That's a non-compliant ASCII. If you had to decompile the binary this is not your original model presumably. Decompile it with MDLEdit. Grab the latest beta version from this post.

Thank you so much, I was able to find two instances of it being set to 1.0 instead of 0.0. Now it works perfectly. :D

And yes, I believe the hilt is a modified version of SithSpectre's Kylo Ren saber made to look like Jedi Ben Solo's hilt. I just modified the texture that came with this hilt so it looks more film accurate and now I've fixed that weird blue blade issue.

• Thanks 1