Is persuade necessary to complete some quests? Or you can complete any quest even without persuade just with a different way?

4 hours ago, baka13 said:

Is persuade necessary to complete some quests? Or you can complete any quest even without persuade just with a different way?

I am quite sure that it is not completely necessary, but it is really very useful to have persuasion at a high level.
Although if you get to have a specific problem you can comment it here.

7 hours ago, Reevangara said:

I am quite sure that it is not completely necessary, but it is really very useful to have persuasion at a high level.
Although if you get to have a specific problem you can comment it here.

I haven't a specific problem I am just curious why to use persuade that make it too easy to complete a quest when you can figure out and find a different smarter way. This is the point of side quest to search about solutions. So even if supposed that is the must skill for your exile character I feel that is not that important

Thx for reply :)

Edited by baka13
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, baka13 said:

I haven't a specific problem I am just curious why to use persuade that make it too easy to complete a quest when you can figure out and find a different smarter way. This is the point of side quest to search about solutions. So even if supposed that is the must skill for your exile character I feel that is not that important

I wouldn't say it's easier to complete side quests as much as it is much more beneficial to have high persuade when dealing with side quests. Why would you want 300 credits for a bounty when with persuade you get 400 credits, with all of the bounties available by getting 300 credits each bounty you get 1500 credits but by getting 400 with persuade for each bounty you get 2000 credits, multiply that with every other opportunity you can persuade for more credits you got yourself a heck tone of credits to later spend at Suvam Tam's Yavin Station.

In K1, considering Stealth, Demolitions and Awareness are useless I'd recommend pumping it all into Persuade and Repair and sparingly give some points to Computer Use and Treat Injury. In theory, what with all the other hacks in K2 persuading for money credits isn't really that useful in the second game so one may get away with ignoring it but I'd still suggest you pump it all into your persuasion skill.

• Like 1

I am fairly sure some quests require persuade to end in a particular outcome and there is no avoiding it. For example the quest involving Motta the Hutt and Nico's contract needs persuade to end it favourably for Nico, if I remember correctly. 

12 hours ago, baka13 said:

Most quests don't have "Smarter" solutions than persuade, just different solutions.

It also helps to know which game you're referring to. In K1, all [Persuade] options use the persuade skill.

However, in K2, various features can persuade. For example, in Nar Shadaa there are at least two encounters (both in the Refugee section) where successful [Persuade] is based on the Strength attribute! [Persuade] compares against Skills, Attributes, and/or global variables.

Finally, not everything is listed as [Persuade]. In Peragus, a high [Intelligence] attribute helps with the dormitory holo recorder console (computer consoles are just dialog with a computer). In conversation with Kreia, [Awareness], [Intelligence] and [Wisdom] can make certain options appear.

The real kick is that [Persuade] isn't always to your advantage. Atton gets angry if you try to [Persuade] him to talk about his Ecchani training.