Sign in to follow this  
Hulkninja

HD Shuttle Textures (TSL)

So I've been googling and searching and downloading and swearing, but I just can't find any HD shuttle textures for TSL that look, well, HD. I found one that's basically just the regular texture upscaled in GIMP/Photoshop (which doesn't look that good, very blocky-pixly look to it), and one that's at standard resolution which actually looks worse than the normal one, at least in my opinion.

Specifically looking for HD versions of the TEL_shutcrsh.tga and TEL_shutin.tga textures, mainly. Maybe there are none. If you're good at making textures and have some time to spare, why not give it a go..?
I'd do it myself but, well, I lack the skills needed, to be frank. My skills cap out at simple image editing/recolouring, at least for now.

So yeah, if someone comes across textures like these, or has the time, will, and skill needed to make them, let me know!

Edited by Hulkninja
Clarified which game by editing the title of the thread

Could be done with AI upscaling, I might take a look at that in a while. You're talking about the Telos shuttles, right? 

Yup, that's what I'm referring to. The TEL_shutin.tga texture has been upscaled already, as part of the Unlimited World Texture mod. Doesn't look as good as a manual reskin would but it's better than the standard texture (except the floor in the shuttle is black, but that could be caused by something else). But the shutcrsh.tga doesn't have any HD re-textures at all except that "upscale" done in some image editing software, unless I'm overlooking something.

This is the TEL_shutcrash texture I was referring to, by the way. Note how the lines and edges are extremely jagged, which is incredibly noticeable in-game.

TEL_shutcrsh.png

2 hours ago, Hulkninja said:

Yup, that's what I'm referring to. The TEL_shutin.tga texture has been upscaled already, as part of the Unlimited World Texture mod. Doesn't look as good as a manual reskin would but it's better than the standard texture (except the floor in the shuttle is black, but that could be caused by something else).

Doesn't that mod lack both the TXI files and the alphas?

21 minutes ago, Sith Holocron said:

Doesn't that mod lack both the TXI files and the alphas?

Which one, the Ultimate World Textures mod..?

It has some TXI files, but not many. As for the alpha channels, I know for a fact that at least a few of the textures have alpha channels, as I edited the colour of them to better fit with the rest of the mods I'm using. But I can't say that I've checked all the files, and the ones I have checked weren't using cubemaps.