DarthValeria

KOTOR Script Tool - Error

I have been doing scripts for KOTOR 2 , so i can execute them by using JC's toolbox

when i compile script as K1 , everything is ok

But when i tried to compile as K2 , i get this error

My KOTORs are steam version

bandicam_2019-11-11_22-29-31-993.png

I also installed KOTOR Tool as well , both K1 and K2 have nwscript.nss in their override folders

Both K1 , K2 root paths are set

508055713_bandicam2019-11-1222-17-27-546.jpg.4cce838395926642115de0f8555aefc6.jpg

D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\swkotor

1621696443_bandicam2019-11-1222-17-30-395.jpg.8aed9dc097d4c1b03b1d6a8da7099370.jpg

D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Knights of the Old Republic II

Please help me to solve this problem

What is that NeverWinterNights?

Is there a way to fix it?

^_^

I had the same problem. It turns out that the path to the game wasn't set correctly in my registry. In the end I had to set it manually. 

4 minutes ago, Hunters Run said:

I had the same problem. It turns out that the path to the game wasn't set correctly in my registry. In the end I had to set it manually. 

Set it manually on Kotor Script or Kotor Tool?

I set up manually K2 in Kotor tool but having the same problem

Is because of i installed TSLRCM mod?

1 hour ago, Hunters Run said:

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. I had to set the path manually  in the registry itself.  Before you do that read this thread:

https://deadlystream.com/topic/4568-kotor-tool-wont-work/?tab=comments#comment-47386

Setting it manually should be a last resort. 

Got it , thank you so much man ❤️

I'm having the OP issue as well. I had moved my LucasArts games to the partitioned off drive D after they were originally installed on C (from CDs).

I don't know how to update the registry with the new path (KOTOR Scripting Tool is using the old C Drive path).

Is the text in this link applicable to Windows 10, with the game installed from CDs, and is this applicable to KOTOR Scripting Tool?

(I don't know if I followed the instructions if it would be HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\BioWare\SW\KOTOR and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\LucasArts\KOTOR2 in my case...)

I had similar problems at some point where I had two versions of KotOR2 installed, I simply ran the swupdate.exe and it fixed the issue, I tried it because I was trying to save myself hassle messing around in the registry.