I have a few points with KOTOR that I am trying to resolve. First, in the dialogue files such as the one attached below, do you know what Old Hit Check means and what it does? I want to know in case it is something that I might want to deselect.

Second, I know on Manaan that you have equip a special diving suit to venture out underwater. Do you know if this can be changed with a mod or is hardwired into the game? I ask because I know there is a mod that allows you to take your party with you so I am hoping that I can keep the armor, headgear, and weapons that I normally have my character wear.

Finally I want to know how to change the outfit for Bastilla. What I mean is that after she is taken by Malak and turns to the Dark Side she is shown wearing a black Jedi Robe. I want to know how to change her outfit so she will be wearing what I equip her with when she is in my party.

For example, when she joins my party I will equipping her was a Blaster Cannon rather than a lightsaber and the Verpine Zal Alloy Mesh armor rather than robes. I want her to still be carrying, using, and wearing those items during the scene where Malak starts to entice her and when my character encounters her on the Unknown World and Star Forge System.

I have edited the appearance.2da file by adding a new line (Line 509) changed the modules lines to the outfit I want. I have attached it here so you can see it. Please tell me if I am wrong anywhere. Now I need to know which columns to edit and how to give her the miscellaneous items and weapon I want. Also I absolutely want her to be wearing a headgear item so which columns do I edit for that. If I need to create new columns for these results how do I do that?

Then after I have the appearance.2da file set I will edit the appearance lines in the Bastila.utc files to give the appearance I want. Does that sound right to all of you?

Can you please tell me how to do all this? I am willing to take another look but I need to know what I am looking for. Is there another file that I need to be using? Hopefully by looking at them you can tell me where I went wrong.

Also I am asking all of you to please check my other forum about editing placeables at the link below. I am having trouble getting a metal-box container to spawn by script, especially in the place I want it to. Perhaps you can tell me what I am doing wrong. Thank you in advance.

https://deadlystream.com/topic/6857-editing-placeable-items-in-kotor/

appearance.2da

lev40_darthmalak.dlg

15 hours ago, ALPHA000102 said:

First, in the dialogue files such as the one attached below, do you know what Old Hit Check means and what it does? I want to know in case it is something that I might want to deselect.

I have no idea, but I've always seen it unchecked, so I would suggest leaving it alone.

I know on Manaan that you have equip a special diving suit to venture out underwater. Do you know if this can be changed with a mod or is hardwired into the game? I ask because I know there is a mod that allows you to take your party with you so I am hoping that I can keep the armor, headgear, and weapons that I normally have my character wear.

I believe this is handled through the OnEnter scripts for the water areas.

I want to know how to change the outfit for Bastilla. What I mean is that after she is taken by Malak and turns to the Dark Side she is shown wearing a black Jedi Robe. I want to know how to change her outfit so she will be wearing what I equip her with when she is in my party.

For example, when she joins my party I will equipping her was a Blaster Cannon rather than a lightsaber and the Verpine Zal Alloy Mesh armor rather than robes. I want her to still be carrying, using, and wearing those items during the scene where Malak starts to entice her and when my character encounters her on the Unknown World and Star Forge System.

I have edited the appearance.2da file by adding a new line (Line 509) changed the modules lines to the outfit I want. I have attached it here so you can see it. Please tell me if I am wrong anywhere. Now I need to know which columns to edit and how to give her the miscellaneous items and weapon I want. Also I absolutely want her to be wearing a headgear item so which columns do I edit for that. If I need to create new columns for these results how do I do that?

Then after I have the appearance.2da file set I will edit the appearance lines in the Bastila.utc files to give the appearance I want. Does that sound right to all of you?

None of that is configured through appearance.2da. If you want to give Bastila items when she joins the party, you can either do it by editing her UTC file (p_bastila.utc in templates.bif) or the script that adds her to the party (k_ptar_bastpart.ncs in tar_m03af_s.rim). If you want those items to appear all the time for the later encounters, you should be able to edit the UTCs there as well, but if you want her appearance to be reactive to what she had equipped when she was in the party, that's a different matter. All instances of Bastila would have to be spawned with SpawnAvailableNPC() rather than from the existing templates. And that probably could be done, though it would be quite an endeavor.

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 2:52 PM, JCarter426 said:

I have no idea, but I've always seen it unchecked, so I would suggest leaving it alone.

I believe this is handled through the OnEnter scripts for the water areas.

None of that is configured through appearance.2da. If you want to give Bastila items when she joins the party, you can either do it by editing her UTC file (p_bastila.utc in templates.bif) or the script that adds her to the party (k_ptar_bastpart.ncs in tar_m03af_s.rim). If you want those items to appear all the time for the later encounters, you should be able to edit the UTCs there as well, but if you want her appearance to be reactive to what she had equipped when she was in the party, that's a different matter. All instances of Bastila would have to be spawned with SpawnAvailableNPC() rather than from the existing templates. And that probably could be done, though it would be quite an endeavor.

Thank you for your reply. I did some research and I believe you are right about the Old Hit Check. It is probably best to leave it alone so that is what I will do. And for the Sea Floor on Manaan, it appears that the need to wear the environmental suit is hardwired into the game and cannot be changed. But I will still need help with equipping Bastila with the same items throughout the entire game.

I spent about 30 minutes working with the Bastila .utc file but did not have any success. Would you be willing to show me how? For example, could you please provide me step-by-step instructions that gives Bastila the Blaster Cannon (g_w_rptnblstr03.uti) on the Unknown World when you encounter her in the temple. I will especially need help working with scripts as I cannot decompile the scripts the game uses to edit them so I will have to make my own from scratch. Please tell me how to do this.

Spoiler

Ipn1biE.png

1. Extract the UTC file and open in K-GFF.
  2. Find the equipment list and copy an existing struct.
  3. Paste into the equipment list.
  4. Check the ID of the inventory slot in nwscript.nss.
  5. Enter this as the ID of the new struct and change the resref to the file name of the item.
  6. Save and install to Override or in a .mod.
  • Light Side Points 1

On 5/11/2019 at 6:59 PM, JCarter426 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Ipn1biE.png

1. Extract the UTC file and open in K-GFF.
  2. Find the equipment list and copy an existing struct.
  3. Paste into the equipment list.
  4. Check the ID of the inventory slot in nwscript.nss.
  5. Enter this as the ID of the new struct and change the resref to the file name of the item.
  6. Save and install to Override or in a .mod.

Thank you for your reply. I have gotten the .utc files to work just fine. However there is one that I am still missing. I cannot find the .utc file for the Player Character (my character) for the start of the game.

I am talking about the opening scene of the game where your character wakes up in the bed on the Endar Spire. In the default game settings your character is wearing nothing but their simple underwear.

I have seen mods where the game starts and your character is shown in the bed already dressed in armor and/or Jedi Robes. Therefore I know you are allowed to change this so I am asking to be shown how. I want to be shown the files I need so I can change this. There is one item I want to equip my character with one particular item from the VERY beginning of the game. Can you please show me how to do that? Thank you in advance.

As far as I know the player doesn't have a UTC file we can edit To get what you want, you need to either edit the area's OnEnter script (k_pend_area01.ncs) or make a new script and attach it to the opening dialogue (m01aa_c01.dlg).

I'm guessing the mods you're talking about probably did the latter, but the Community Patch includes the source code for the OnEnter + fixes and I'd recommend that. Dialogue editing can be messy.

9 hours ago, JCarter426 said:

As far as I know the player doesn't have a UTC file we can edit To get what you want, you need to either edit the area's OnEnter script (k_pend_area01.ncs) or make a new script and attach it to the opening dialogue (m01aa_c01.dlg).

I'm guessing the mods you're talking about probably did the latter, but the Community Patch includes the source code for the OnEnter + fixes and I'd recommend that. Dialogue editing can be messy.

Is it possible those mods "cheated" by placing a UTC into the SAV file? That's pretty much what the game does, anyway.

• Like 1

With some mods, clothing and armor are not equipped after being rescued aboard the Leviathan.