Sign in to follow this  
Sith Holocron

Are There More Loading Screens in 1.5?

I have been reminded that in version 1.5 that the Industrial Zone of M4-78 was split into either 2 or 3 new sections.  This was likely done to reduce the lag.  The fact that this was done might mean that I will have to add some new loading screens to my loading screen Add-On pack mod.  Might any of you know off hand the file names of the new area's loading screens?   Did Zbyl2 make new custom ones or did he not bother?   

If he did make new loading screens:

• Could you please attach all two or three of the Industrial Zone's loading screens along?
  • Alternatively - and perhaps preferable - if you've played M4-78 EP 1.5 and have a save where you've opened the entire Industrial Zone, could you attach a save below?  (This is only for 1.5 so other saves are not needed.)

Thank you for reading so far.  

It's unfortunate that the maps are not labelled like that too. Thanks for the info!

Does this setup for the loading screens sound correct to you?

809DRO - Industrial Zone (full map with radiation)

810DRO - Industrial Zone - Design & Testing

811DRO - Industrial Zone - Research & Development (second half of the map, without radiation fog)

If that's right, I have just made the first new loading screen.  Preview below:

NLl3HuM.png

and maybe for 811DRO?

J4EQbg0.png

Suggestions for 810DRO welcomed . . . 

• Like 1

I'm not sure whether the old 804 module is specifically used for irradiated segment, and then just swapped with 809,10,11 when the radiation is cleared, or it's 809 with radiation fog blanketing it. Whichever is the case though, I'd do a shot without the radiation present. Also, if the assumption the irradiated segment uses the old full map, then that would be 804, rather than 809.

As for 810, the shot of the room with line of war droids and the one firing at a holo target would do nicely.

If either 804 or 809 is exclusively a radiation fogged map and the other is always radiation free, then I can use the one above for the irradiated version and the current 804 (below) for the clear version. Or vice versa.

z4QNXqQ.png

50 minutes ago, Kainzorus Prime said:

As for 810, the shot of the room with line of war droids and the one firing at a holo target would do nicely.

I was leaning towards this as well, but I have a slight problem the warbot's rifle not showing the texture.  Though I've sent a PM to SithSpecter, everyone can feel free to look at my current Status Update to see what's already been discussed about that texture issue.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sith Holocron said:

If either 804 or 809 is exclusively a radiation fogged map and the other is always radiation free, then I can use the one above for the irradiated version and the current 804 (below) for the clear version. Or vice versa..

Until the matter of whether 804 or 809 is the irradiated version of the modules, I'll just leave these new loading screens here for people to use.  Once it's all worked out what the situation is, I'll update my mod and add screens as needed.

New 1.5 Skyboxes.7z

5 hours ago, Kainzorus Prime said:

I also forgot to mention the 808 being the irradiated Central Zone, which also has a separate loading screen.

I'll work on that too today.  Thanks for the heads up!

Update: Here's 808DRO - Central Zone (full map with radiation)

90PLrBm.png

The good news:

My Replacement Loading Screens for KotOR2: Add-On Pack (with or without TSLRCM) has been updated to include 4 new loading screens to replace those added with M4-78 EP version 1.5.

The bad news:

Apparently, there's two more screens that will have to be added to the package that cover 703KOR and 703KOR, which are new movie sections added with 1.5.  Apparently the cut-scenes with Sion talking with Sith Assassins were added into the EP mod. (Exactly why those cut-scenes that were added when they were done so much better in Danil-Ch's and Darth Hayze's Extended Enclave mod is outside the bounds of this discussion. (That and I wasn't informed or involved with that decision needs pointing out.)

So with the assumption that this ill conceived addition is going to stay, I'll add some new loading screens soon.  (That means after today, folks.)  One of these replacement loading screens includes a choice between two options. When responding, choose only one of the two.

703KOR (option 1)

oz7JQfY.png

703KOR (option 2)

cD6ROKe.png

705KOR

MCv6f6V.png

Option 2 seems right. Also, yes, it's essentially the same cutscene that Extended Enclave adds, except in Korriban academy instead of Trayus Core. Unfortunately it's done much more poorly, with exile hologram missing their head, and facing away from Sion, and the dialogue being recycled from the standard Korriban academy module.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Kainzorus Prime said:

Also, yes, it's essentially the same cutscene that Extended Enclave adds, except in Korriban academy instead of Trayus Core. Unfortunately it's done much more poorly, with exile hologram missing their head, and facing away from Sion, and the dialogue being recycled from the standard Korriban academy module.

How disappointing. 

Update: Still looking for input on 703KOR's "final form".  I think I'd like to see at least 5 votes so there's a clear indication of a poll winner. Plus I'll always be able to point back to this thread to point out that folks had a choice in the matter.

20 hours ago, Sith Holocron said:

That's for a different loading screen - 705KOR.  See the two options above that one for option 1 and option 2.

Update: Eh, screw waiting for the results.  Package updated and uploaded now.

Luckily, the one I was going to pick was added to your mod. 

While this doesn't mean a thing, the scene you've taken a screen of in 703KOR is a vanilla scene and the 705KOR scene is a remake of the Trayas Core scene based upon the vanilla scene in 703KOR... another reason why one may dislike that scene though the effort isn't a bad idea on paper if you ask me. 

I actually added 703KOR in 1.2 since I got tired of the Steam Workshop ignoring the updated 702KOR and causing all kinds of issues.

Not a clue on 705KOR though or mentioned scene.