Sign in to follow this  
LanguageWriter123

Kotor 1 Level Cap Change

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone had knowledge of x86 assembly or using an Interactive Dissassenbler (IDA) because I sure don't and I'm learning it but am a complete beginner. I wanted to change the hard coded material in the swkotor.exe which permits a leveling cap at level 20. This level cap is annoying in my opinion and wish we could make it higher. This is slightly off topic but I also wish I could change the party system to have more party members without replacing the original ones in recruitment mods but the party system like the level cap, is hard coded. This hard coded material in the game is exactly what I'm asking people for help for. Makes me wonder if someone already changed the level cap or party system with a IDA and hex editor and just never publicly released the mod or the information about how they did it. Let's say I opened the swkotor.exe with IDA, how would I go about looking for where the hard coded material is for the level cap? And is it possible that there is more than one instance of the level cap in place, basically saying is there more than one instance of hard coded material that holds the level cap in place? I really need someone who knows how to use x86 assembly. Thank you for reading this and for your time. Any help, feedback, or response would be greatly appreciated.

my understanding that it is Hardcoded but you can "slow" the procession of the levels by expanding the experience points required on exptable. also you can increase the Force powers increase or decrease by classpowergain table. 

Also you can adjust the feats by feats gain table.

for example, if you want  a certain class to gain a certain ability you can go to the feats table.

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn

Another limitation is GUI. It was designed for what it was designed for regarding number of party members.

That can also be fixed if you are going to reverse engineer their code. I don't really know which is harder; both a little outside my comfort zone.

On 12/19/2018 at 7:52 PM, DeathScepter said:

my understanding that it is Hardcoded but you can "slow" the procession of the levels by expanding the experience points required on exptable.

This is exactly what I have been doing myself.

But it is just a workaround. Far from ideal.