Sith Holocron

Where does this texture show up in KotOR1 OR KotOR2?

Where does the texture "LEH_panel02.tga" show up in KotOR1 or KotOR2?  Here it is for reference purposes.

C7Sxe0t.png

From the file name, it seems fairly clear that it is supposed to be a Ebon Hawk texture but I can find no evidence in the EH that it exists.  Can anyone find an example that it's used anywhere in either game?

Because it would be a shame if I made this for no reason.

jH4SKYW.png

Well, that's disappointing.  But thanks for looking it up!

I get that Bioware might've left in a texture even though they didn't use it but for Obsidian to repeat the mistake . . . 

It's a mystery.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Update: It seems that Newbiemodder uses that texture with the name "KOR_tk01" in his mod.  If he ever returns to finish up that mod update, I'll offer it to him.  If he doesn't want it, at least I'll see it somewhere if he finishes the mod.

Another texture question . . . this time this is for KotOR2 specifically.  In what texture is this highlighted portion on?

0WAgVfz.png

I'd like to clean up one of my loading screens and as it appears in the game, that texture looks blurry.

On 9/29/2018 at 8:39 PM, Sith Holocron said:

It's a mystery.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Update: It seems that Newbiemodder uses that texture with the name "KOR_tk01" in his mod.  If he ever returns to finish up that mod update, I'll offer it to him.  If he doesn't want it, at least I'll see it somewhere if he finishes the mod.

This may be a similar case with the M4-78 modules, the Xbox TSL came out first thus had unfinished M4-78 and Droid Factory modules on the disk. In the short amount of time they had for PC they quickly cleaned those files out of that release. If Obsidian was given enough time to complete the game these K1 assets like Calo Nord files and this texture for example that are never used in TSL but exist would have been cleaned out.

Technically, even if the new patch update for KE is never released you could release it separately. Maybe HD a few more textures in his mod and release it as a pack. I'm sure you'd get permission for it, anyway.

That texture is the same as PER_CPanel. Obsidian likely used that texture and simply copied and renamed it.

Edited by DarthRaindrops
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, N-DReW25 said:

Technically, even if the new patch update for KE is never released you could release it separately. Maybe HD a few more textures in his mod and release it as a pack. I'm sure you'd get permission for it, anyway.

@N-DReW25, you are operating from an incorrect assumption.  I do not possess all of the corrections that ndix UR has made to the KE. I am not even sure that he passed all of the materials to Newbiemodder.  So if you wanted something done, you'd have to talk to ndix UR to do so. He would likely want to take advantage of the lip syncing offer that JCarter426 generously made once ndix UR knows about it. If you want that mod released, folks are going to have to appeal to ndix UR. I have already done so and I've heard nothing. I am unsure he has even saw the message. Your way forward is clear.

@DarthRaindrops, good eyes.  I will rename my altered LEH_panel02 texture to PER_CPanel. Thanks!

19 hours ago, Sith Holocron said:

@N-DReW25, you are operating from an incorrect assumption.  I do not possess all of the corrections thatndix UR has made to the KE. I am not even sure that he passed all of the materials to Newbiemodder.  So if you wanted something done, you'd have to talk to ndix UR to do so. He would likely want to take advantage of the lip syncing offer that JCarter426 generously made once ndix UR knows about it. If you want that mod released, folks are going to have to appeal to ndix UR. I have already done so and I've heard nothing. I am unsure he has even saw the message. Your way forward is clear.

Maybe I didn't understand something initially. I'm assuming the mod already contained the LEH_panel02 meaning you can release the texture and it'd already take effect without or without the new patch as Newbiemodder's original version already on the site already has the texture. Considering you've found the texture maybe you can just release it for Peragus, perhaps.

1 hour ago, N-DReW25 said:

Maybe I didn't understand something initially. I'm assuming the mod already contained the LEH_panel02 meaning you can release the texture and it'd already take effect without or without the new patch as Newbiemodder's original version already on the site already has the texture.

Newbiemodder's mod uses the texture but it is named differently in his mod.

I created the texture for personal use. I don't feel the pull to work on any other textures at this time.