JCarter426

MOD:JC's Supermodel Fix for K1

JC's Supermodel Fix for K1

This is a fix for a number of issues present on the supermodels, the stock animations used for most characters in the game.

When wielding dual melee weapons, male hands would clip through the weapons for some animations, notably the looping ready pose. The issue seemed to be that the fingers were gripping the weapon too tightly, so I loosened them up for the male models.

If you think you've spotted any other issues, send me a picture so I can confirm what the problem is and whether it's an issue with the supermodels. If so, I'll add it to my to-do list.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    09/08/2018
  • Category
  • K1R Compatible
    No

Hey jc, first of all apologize for the bad screenies (Couldn't get widescreen to work so I got stuck with some crappy res) but I found some issues with the mod. Once again, I have no other mods that alter body models or anything related to your files whatsoever.

The star forge robes type body model has clipping issues:

sf0.PNG.ca3b1aee5948aded37335e302458450c.PNG

Star Forge: sf1.PNG.ca1453d70932223113e810fb807fde63.PNG               Others: sf2.PNG.e1565f61bc524f3fc204a1f55e39ccba.PNG

Also, and this is a tricky one, sometimes the clipping issues happen no matter what. When changing attire and flourishing your weapon the results are always random.

Sometimes it's okay: s2.PNG.b614979e4a38f37d58a6692adc283dbd.PNG ,  But sometimes it isn't: 1s.PNG.c62f5418f5d93ffdaf85d51697bfb1d4.PNG

That might be a problem with the individual models - since you say it's "sometimes" the only way I'd know for sure if it's "sometimes" for every model and not never for certain ones.

But it's similar enough to some other reports I've gotten - and also the original problem this mod was meant to fix - to make me suspect maybe the fix wasn't enough.

Could you confirm if you're using only the Supermodel Fix for K1 and not the ported K2 version version (through mods like Cloaked Jedi Robes or Slave Bastila)?

6 hours ago, JCarter426 said:

That might be a problem with the individual models - since you say it's "sometimes" the only way I'd know for sure if it's "sometimes" for every model and not never for certain ones.

But it's similar enough to some other reports I've gotten - and also the original problem this mod was meant to fix - to make me suspect maybe the fix wasn't enough.

Could you confirm if you're using only the Supermodel Fix for K1 and not the ported K2 version version (through mods like Cloaked Jedi Robes or Slave Bastila)?

100%

Though it might be worth it to address the k2 supermodels mod over k1 if time's short for you since that one's issue (If true for everyone) is always present.

Just checking that it's potentially an issue with both K1 and K2 and not just what was reported for K2.

If I recall correctly, the original problem and the fix that I made for it were for both, so it's possible the current problem is a result of that on both.

In my k1 testing the idle animations only go wonky when the ready stance goes too. In k2 it's always wrong.

On the other hand k1 ready stances are problematic sometimes while in k2 they were always correct.

Turns out the issue isn't so random, after a bit more trying around in k1 it seems if you flourish your weapon while running everything's fine, but if you start your flourishing from an idle position it clips through the hand.

Also, I didn't mention it but the clipping issues aren't just in the melee weapons...

b.PNG.deddb6c852ff7a28dfceea34008dbaf9.PNG

r.PNG.8962526b1da752d7c9cdd5d6e5f64b2b.PNG

The blaster rifle thing I know it's outside the scope of your mod and It's also k1 only, where the only guns players use are heavy repeaters and dual blasters so no biggie.

Edited by TK-664
new info