JustABitAgroed

Switching a (Vanilla) Weapon's Appearance?

Hey guys. Is there any way to switch a weapon's appearance to that of something else in the game? Make a blaster look like a vibroblade for example? Specifically, I want to switch Mission's vibroblade so that it no longer uses the vbroshort_002 textures. (Reason being I'd like to differentiate her vibroblade from the prototype.) 

You can take whatever model you want and rename it to match the naming scheme of a different weapon type to make it a variation of that weapon.

e.g. Take w_blstrpstl_001.mdl/mdx, rename the files as well as editing the MDL base's name in a hex editor or MDLEdit to w_vbroshort_101.mdl/mdx (or whatever) and then edit the UTI of the vibroblade to use model variation 101.

11 hours ago, JCarter426 said:

...Take w_blstrpstl_001.mdl/mdx, rename the files as well as editing the MDL base's name in a hex editor or MDLEdit to w_vbroshort_101.mdl/mdx (or whatever) and then edit the UTI of the vibroblade to use model variation 101.

10 hours ago, JustABitAgroed said:

Thank you for the help. I'll give that a try. 

Hi! A quick heads-up if you guys don't mind. If you have had [K1] Selven "Legends" installed, I wanted to inform you that the Selven's Vibroblade included with the mod is using the w_vbroshort_101.mdl/mdx or model variation 101 for the vibroblade. So, I believe there would be an issue if you decided to go with 101 for the said variation. For consideration, but you do the honors to decide what's in your 'Override' folder. :cheers:

3 hours ago, ebmar said:

Hi! A quick heads-up if you guys don't mind. If you have had [K1] Selven "Legends" installed, I wanted to inform you that the Selven's Vibroblade included with the mod is using the w_vbroshort_101.mdl/mdx or model variation 101 for the vibroblade. So, I believe there would be an issue if you decided to go with 101 for the said variation. For consideration, but you do the honors to decide what's in your 'Override' folder. :cheers:

Yeah, I realized that as I started on it. Thanks for the heads up though. 😁