Oaks

true swoop racer

I want to ask a mod in which the player wears the swoop racing suit that the iridorian wears. It would be just for a moment after the player loses or win the race, then he would be back as himself. Any one interested?

Just to make sure I have what you in mind firmly in my head: you're looking for cutscenes that . . . 

• are showing both a win and loss scenario?
  • show these cutscenes for every planet's swoop track?

Questions:

1) Would the swoop that you have controlled for each particular track be next to or behind the player's swoop racer?  I can't recall the swoops in KotOR 1 very well but there are three separate swoops in KotOR 2.

8WK43cd.png

Telos Citadel Station

r4SsuOl.png

Nar Shaddaa

4PthSv3.png

Onderon

2) Would the specific swoop competitors for each planet be shown looking either sad at your victory pose or one of them joyful when you lose? 

Actually, I was thinking bout K1. When you win or lose a race, the player makes a pose for victory or loss. I was thinking of a mod that puts the player doing these poses using the swoop racing suit.

18 hours ago, Oaks said:

Actually, I was thinking bout K1. When you win or lose a race, the player makes a pose for victory or loss. I was thinking of a mod that puts the player doing these poses using the swoop racing suit.

I would love this!

The idea doesn't sound overly practical. The suit part is straightforward enough if you use the existing full body model as a disguise. If you wanted to see the player's head, that's a whole extra bunch of pain to deal with unless you hijack a body model slot. Then there's the actual appearance swapping. On Taris and Tatooine you could probably just script a switch when you enter and exit the swoop levels.  But isn't the swoop place on Manaan just part of one the main modules? I'm not sure how you'd deal with that. Maybe a trigger in the doorway or something, but that would be super jarring (even more so than magically changing clothes either side of a level load).

Edit: An additional point regarding the suit. The "SpaceMan" model is a lite model, so it's not very detailed. I think it would need some reworking, for example adding gloves with fingers from a different armour model. I'd also get rid of the backpack - fortunately the model appears to have a full back underneath it rather than a hole as you'd typically expect.

Couldn't you just switch the appearance for the cutscene at the end of each swoop race? Then it'd only be two scripts, one fired in the beginning and one in the end of the "dialog".

I haven't really looked into how the post-race stuff triggers. Although what you describe is basically what I was referring to above regarding Manaan. It would seem weird to me to be switching on the fly like that, but to each their own.

Then how about the item swoop racer suit? The item could make you go a little faster when racing. But then you would need to create a script or something of the sort to make the swoop bike go faster.