DarthVarkor

Re-skinning a module in KotOR I

Hey everyone, 

For those who don't know, I'm currently in the midst of wrapping up my final entry in my KOTOR II Machinima Saga and I was wondering if anyone here would be able to help me with a sequence I have planned.

Essentially, what I'm looking for is a complete re-skin of a module in K1 to a completely PURE blue or green colour, literally all of it, to act as a blue/green screen for some compositing shots. I have one of these already set up for K2 (was made for me by someone else) and am looking for the same thing here, specifically, I was looking at re-skinning the Yavin IV Station. As it's one of -if not the- smallest module in the game, I figured it would be the easiest to do, but I may be wrong.

If someone would be interested in taking up this task for me, or giving me some step-by-step instructions (I'm a bit of a n00b when it comes to this kinda stuff), it would be greatly appreciated and you would receive credit for your contribution to the film.

~ DV

EDIT: I have already looked at the old tutorial on here for re-skinning modules, but to no success.

I can't really help with that (at least not off the top of my head), but I would think that the mind prison (or whatever it's called) would be a better module choice since it already is only one color and probably doesn't use as many models and textures.

The one from BoS? That could work too. How would I go about reskinning it, exactly?

It's in the base game. Warping to "ebo_m46ab"  will take you to its vanilla location. BOSSR simply reuses it.

I'm guessing you'd want to look at the Ebon Hawk textures and chances are if you find a pitch white texture that's the one you'd want to reskin green or blue or whatever.

It's in the base game. Warping to "ebo_m46ab"  will take you to its vanilla location. BOSSR simply reuses it.

I'm guessing you'd want to look at the Ebon Hawk textures and chances are if you find a pitch white texture that's the one you'd want to reskin green or blue or whatever.

Interesting, didn't know it was in the base game. 

How would I go about finding all the textures for the Ebon Hawk? I'm assuming possibly using KOTOR Tool, but as I said, I'm a complete novice with this.

How would I go about finding all the textures for the Ebon Hawk? I'm assuming possibly using KOTOR Tool, but as I said, I'm a complete novice with this.

I've seen it before. Just browse textures with Kotortool and look in the EBO or Stunt section. Unfortunately, I won't be able to look myself until later in the week..

• Like 1

In Kotor Tool go to "Kotor I/ERFs/TexturePacks/swpc_tex_tpa.erf/L". The texture you are looking for should be in there. (Try textures starting with LEH_ )

• Like 1

The texture you want is LSF_dream. I'm not sure how well the vanilla version of the module will work for you though. You may still need a custom version to get rid of the resident Rakatan and his junk.

K1_Mystery_Box_Green_Screen_TH.jpg

Here's a copy of the texture switched to Chromakey Green.

LSF_dream.7z

• Like 2

The texture you want is LSF_dream. I'm not sure how well the vanilla version of the module will work for though. You may still need a custom version to get rid of the resident Rakatan and his junk.

K1_Mystery_Box_Green_Screen_TH.jpg

Here's a copy of the texture switched to Chromakey Green.

attachicon.gif LSF_dream.7z

Awesome, thanks very much! I'll check that out now. The Rakatan guy shouldn't be an issue, as the green screen I have set up for the Polar Plateau still has the Handmaiden sisters in it. Using JC's toolbox to "delete nearest creature/placeable" works on them so I'll give that a try on this one too.