Sign in to follow this  
Pazaak

M478 General Discussion

No, because that is not actally part of the M4-78 mod and that was just add in the other version because Stoney was not going to make the GenoHaradan Revisioning mod but luckily Lord of Hunger is doing it :thumbup:

So, where exactly in game does it take place? It would have to take place after M4-78 at some point, because doesn't Sion talk about finishing what Nihilus failed to do? (Kill the Exile?). Then again, it would also have to take place BEFORE Korriban, or something. How would Sion know the Exile was still alive, exactly?

The scene at Malachor where the random Sith tells Sion that the Exile still lives would have to take place after M4-78, not before, as shown in the older version. Otherwise Sion would just come to Korriban knowing that the Exile still lives, without explanation.

So, where exactly in game does it take place? It would have to take place after M4-78 at some point, because doesn't Sion talk about finishing what Nihilus failed to do? (Kill the Exile?). Then again, it would also have to take place BEFORE Korriban, or something. How would Sion know the Exile was still alive, exactly?

The scene at Malachor where the random Sith tells Sion that the Exile still lives would have to take place after M4-78, not before, as shown in the older version. Otherwise Sion would just come to Korriban knowing that the Exile still lives, without explanation.

That kind of confusion is the reason it was removed from M478EP,it doesn't really fit anywhere. The original intention of that scene was to take place after Narshadaa and the Exile being in the JekJekTarr when it blows up,Zezkiel was to save the Exile just in time but Sion didn't know it. Sion was taking credit for something he didn't do (killing the Exile) :P

That kind of confusion is the reason it was removed from M478EP,it doesn't really fit anywhere. The original intention of that scene was to take place after Narshadaa and the Exile being in the JekJekTarr when it blows up,Zezkiel was to save the Exile just in time but Sion didn't know it. Sion was taking credit for something he didn't do (killing the Exile) :P

Huh. Weird. I can almost see WHY they cut it, time constraints not withstanding. It seems oddly out of place, was Sion originally supposed to appear on Nar Shadaa? Otherwise, why would he be taking credit for anything? How would he know, or even believe that the Exile was dead?

Also, isn't he supposed to be some sort of bad ass Sith Lord? Why is he going to Nihilus and going "Na na na boo boo, I killed the Exile!". Why should Nihilus care? Why should Sion even care? Also, why would he gloat about it? Because Visas failed where he didn't? I'm sure Nihilus doesn't care, and I'm sure Visas attempting to kill the Exile was just a precaution, I don't think Nihilus thinks of people as issues anymore, he probably just sensed a disturbance, as Visas says, and wanted her to go find it, he likely didn't even know it was a person.

So, when was Zez-Kai Ell supposed to save the Exile? And how? Was the Exile originally supposed to just go into the JJT without Mira attempting to first? Also, I always thought that was weird. Where the hell did Zez go during that time? He went to save Mira, right? Well, he obviously screwed that up, in fact, I don't think he even went to the right place, he sure isn't in the JJT. He doesn't appear again until G0-T0's yacht is destroyed. So was Zez supposed to save you at some point in between this?

The fact that he has that strange absence might be a cut part of the game, actually, and would make sense if you said he attempts to assist the Exile around that time.

Once again for the Sion scene though, that would still be weird even if it wasn't during Nar Shadaa, but AFTER. Sion shouldn't believe the Exile was dead, unless he thought he/she died in the JJT, or, you know, on any number of dangerous and deadly things the Exile engaged in. And after that, he leaves and claims to go to finish him/her off himself, right? So, couldn't that technically just be the Korriban scene? Where he waits for the Exile? It doesn't even seem like you were supposed to fight Sion at another time besides on Korriban/Malachor if you think about it like that. Then again, my knowledge relating to any restored content is very little, and I'm just rambling.

tl;dr: RAMBLE RAMBLE RAMBLE RAMBLE RAMBLE.

Okay, Pazaak, look for a thing called "kotor tool", download and install, open up, then go to: kotor II>ERFs>modules>your module, and here you will find dlg files, the ones that are, and the ones that aren't in the game. Then read.

Also, isn't he supposed to be some sort of bad ass Sith Lord? Why is he going to Nihilus and going "Na na na boo boo, I killed the Exile!". Why should Nihilus care? Why should Sion even care? Also, why would he gloat about it? Because Visas failed where he didn't? I'm sure Nihilus doesn't care, and I'm sure Visas attempting to kill the Exile was just a precaution, I don't think Nihilus thinks of people as issues anymore, he probably just sensed a disturbance, as Visas says, and wanted her to go find it, he likely didn't even know it was a person.

The point of his visit to Nihilus wasn't to brag about killing the Exile, but to break the alliance. Before this Sion and Nihilus were working together (supposed to at least) because their goals were similar - destroy the jedi. But once that was done (at least that's what they thought), they had no need for each other (again, in their eyes, Sion was obviously too blind to notice how powerful Nihilus had become, if he did he would know that Nihilus has to be destroyed, if not then everything is doomed).

Because they work together (remember "Kreia's Fall").

There is a cutscene with Zez in the JJT. So not sure what you talk about...

And instead of Exchange the GenoHaradan had control of the JJT.

"I'll leave to the Smuggler's Moon myself". Doesn't leave much doubt it's NS, not Korriban.

Because they work together (remember "Kreia's Fall").

There is a cutscene with Zez in the JJT. So not sure what you talk about...

And instead of Exchange the GenoHaradan had control of the JJT.

"I'll leave to the Smuggler's Moon myself". Doesn't leave much doubt it's NS, not Korriban.

EDIT: Eh, I'd be getting the thread more and more off-topic if I continued, so I'll stop.

Suppose I need to have myself another playthrough...apparently I've forgotten a few plot elements.

• Like 1

One thing to remember is a lot of the stuff concerning M478 was moved to Narshadaa. I believe Goto's yacht stuff would never had existed if M478 had been finished, From what was left in files all the consoles and data pads were originally M478 stuff,the puzzle T3 solves in the warehouse was the puzzle to enter "M478's" room. Never found any evidence but I almost wonder if Goto was to be found/join your team on M478.

OK back on topic now, any more stuff on this discussion should have it's own thread and anyone is welcome to start one if they want. :D

Guest bendarby24

ok guy like i said the only reason all the cut content what was not ment to be put in m4-7h mod is because it was not the proper thing it was like a first draft ...... so all the stuff like sion cut sceine and the droid controler is not going to be in there so :D.....felt like it :/

Yeah, yeah. How are you guys going about that though? To replace summa the Nar Shadaa stuff present in the original M4-78? I'd have to assume you're just adding a lot of new stuff, and from the screenies and status updates that's what it seems, so, sounds good.

Yeah, yeah. How are you guys going about that though? To replace summa the Nar Shadaa stuff present in the original M4-78? I'd have to assume you're just adding a lot of new stuff, and from the screenies and status updates that's what it seems, so, sounds good.

Basically the only "original" obsidian content that is being saved/used is a meeting with Master Vash. Everything else is all new content being made from a new storyline. The biggest mistake I made with the original M478 mod was trying to re-use cut content so it ended up just being a longer repeat of goto's yacht in a way.

Basically the only "original" obsidian content that is being saved/used is a meeting with Master Vash. Everything else is all new content being made from a new storyline. The biggest mistake I made with the original M478 mod was trying to re-use cut content so it ended up just being a longer repeat of goto's yacht in a way.

Honestly, doesn't really matter to me. If it's entirely new, some restored, some not, none restored, doesn't matter. You guys could upload the whole thing and lie that it was "cut content" and I'd be none the wiser, or closer to caring. I'm just happy it's being done, and the fact that you guys are making an entirely new storyline is something I see as very cool. It'll make the latter half of the game seem a lot meatier, with a whole another planet to visit.

Honestly, I always save Nar Shadaa for last, meaning after that, it's pretty much a solid line going towards end game, unless I decide not to go to Onderdon next, and fiddle around with some sidequests, but usually there aren't many. Maybe it'll even give me a chance to grow on characters like Mira, HK and G0-T0, who always joined VERY late in my playthroughs. Well, HK excluded in TSLRCM because you can get him MUCH earlier, but still.

The way I usually go is to go to Dantooine (so I can get the lightsaber and Vrook starts off by saying to have gaver them at Dantooine, Korriban (so I get Sion to say follow him were ever it goes so when I go to Onderon and Coruscant (mod) and soon to come Nar Shaddaa. It seems to make more sense they attack me.

When the M4-78 mod is out I will go there next. Then it's back to Coruscant, then Dxun, ondarion, nar Nar Shaddaa, then back to Onderon :) so I can get the best out of the story

I've heard a lot of people talking about this Coruscant mod, but it's the first I've heard of it. Could someone provide me with a link? And by the way you're talking about it, I take it that it is compatible with TSLRCM?

I've heard a lot of people talking about this Coruscant mod, but it's the first I've heard of it. Could someone provide me with a link? And by the way you're talking about it, I take it that it is compatible with TSLRCM?

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Coruscant_Jedi_Temple;76316

Yes it is compatible, I have used it and the TSLRCM every playthrough.

Since the progress thread has gotten a little long and waay off topic I moved some posts to this thread where those discussions could continue. :)

• Like 1

Guest bendarby24

Whatever "ranball" meant, none that spoke English could say . . .

Guest Slstoev

Fixed.

Fixed.

He can even "ramble" on and on - but only if it's relevant to M4-78.

Guest bendarby24

i was joking. what is your problem with me Sith Holocron ?

From Sith Holocron: PM me, Bendarby if you have a personal issue. This thread for M4-78 discussions.

Been wonderin'. Y'know after you defeat Traya, and she tells the fates of your allies and the planets? Will there be anything about M4-78? You'd think they would have recorded a line, but was it salvaged?

This wouldn't really irk me at all if there wasn't a line, just curious if there is/was one.

Been wonderin'. Y'know after you defeat Traya, and she tells the fates of your allies and the planets? Will there be anything about M4-78? You'd think they would have recorded a line, but was it salvaged?

This wouldn't really irk me at all if there wasn't a line, just curious if there is/was one.

No there wasn't any lines pertaining to the fate of M478. My guess is M478 was cut early enough in production that they never got that far. Probably for the same reason there were no lines for Vash at the end when meeting all the masters.

This reminds me of something I mentioned before - way back on 6/29/2009. Good thing that I save all of my e-mails . . .

Apparently there's cut content, where Kreia says the following line:

"They have done what was necessary, and they will live their lives better for having known you."

Recall that the PC can ask Kreia about the fate of all the planets? The player could have an additional planet choice that said something along the lines of "But what of the droids of M4-78? Can you predict what will happen with them, even bereft of the force as they are?"

I'm not even sure it's cut content anymore. By the way, I never did get a response on that idea. It might - what's the word I'm looking for - suck.

This reminds me of something I mentioned before - way back on 6/29/2009. Good thing that I save all of my e-mails . . .

I'm not even sure it's cut content anymore. By the way, I never did get a response on that idea. It might - what's the word I'm looking for - suck.

Jeeze, man. You save ALL your e-mails? Well, I guess it can come in handy, in random situations like now. So is that a cut line pertaining to M4? I'm a little confused I guess, it seems like an answer to the question asked about the droids of the planet. It's a little bare bones, but it works.