bead-v

MDLedit bug reporting thread

Haven't tried that yet as I was hoping to avoid to go through the process of saving an ascii just to recompile it afterwards in the very same tool.

But using an ascii would certainly be a workaround as I can then easily change the value in a texteditor. Either way, it should work with a binary as well I think.

I’m having an issue with MDLEdit where, after exporting from 3ds Max 2016, I try to load the exported mdl file, and when the loading bar reaches “Compiling Model” the software freezes for a second, and then crashes. I was thinking it was something on my end, but i’m not sure. 

p_hk47.mdl.ascii

Edited by DaFryinMayan

Awesome tool, many thanks!
Not sure if it was already spotted, but I noticed that texture changes do not stick/save in 1.0.104b, so I'm using 1.0.3 just for that. It would be great if you could fix that.

Mdledit_v103 will not export self illum.color, ( in other words, if you want textures to blink). this happens here on a default texture but  I am pretty sure its the same with lights. Repo error-
-open Mdledit set to KOTOR 1 open and convert M01aa-01a (fist level in the game) MDL and MDX to ACII 
- convert ACII back to MDL and MDX file format 
- put MDL and MDX files in steamapps override file 
lights stop blinking. I have tried to exporting with every Mdledit export flag combination just to sanity check the issues.
image.png.41adb454cbecb7c9cbfd9da85851e00b.png