Skeet1983

Widescreen Help Requested

I am hoping you guys can help me. I asked about this on WSGF site, but no response yet. Anyway, I am having trouble with enabling widescreen for Kotor 1:

Here is where I am at. I tried uniWS and started game. In game, there is no select-able resolution and in the game ini, there is no height and width. I have the Steam version and reinstalled game. After reinstall and started, there is still no select-able resolution, even with no uniWS patch. Is there anything I can do to fix this? I would like to play game with 1920*1080 resolution. Help GREATLY appreciated icon_e_smile.gif

Update: Even the game config utility has no select-able resolution, even after fresh re-install on Steam.

I watched that video, but I am unable to proceed... Even with a fresh install, there is no choice for screen resolution in game, even in the game config utility. In the config utility, it is just an empty box for screen resolution... How can I upload an image here to show you guys?

Here it is...

post-10181-0-54059300-1493516385_thumb.png

What resolution is your display? 

Have you launched the game and started a new game at least once?

What resolution is your display?

Have you launched the game and started a new game at least once?

My laptop display is 1920*1080. I launched game once, with fresh install. In fresh install launch, I can't select any resolution in game settings. The box for desired resolutions is empty. This is really weird...

Game launches in windowed mode. Here is what I see in game. Weird, huh?

post-10181-0-86083200-1493517014_thumb.png

How do I set it to fullscreen? In the game .ini file, it says "FullScreen=1" under Graphic Options.

Edit: I found this on another site:

So I really wanted to re-play this game but it's launching with what appears to be 640x480 resolution in windowed mode. Technically, the game seems to run flawlessly. No crashes or any other problems aside from the ultra-low resolution. Hitting alt-enter makes the game fullscreen but at 640x480 it's pretty much unplayable. So far I have tried:

• changing the resolution in-game and from the configuration utility - in both cases there are simply no options to choose from.
  • editing the ini and changing fullscreen=1/0, width=1920, allowWindowedMode=1/0, etc
  • against my better judgement I even downloaded the no-cd crack and tried the UniWS mod which supposedly fixes widescreen formats
  • running the game in compatibility mode for XP sp2.
  • disabled DPI scaling
  • updated video card and monitor drivers
  • toggled videos, hardware mouse, vsync

If anyone has any advice I would very much appreciate it, will reward with gold.

I'm running a gtx 970, Windows 7, 1080p monitor that runs at 120hz.

EDIT: the solution was to lower my refresh rate to 60hz in Windows (I suspect kotor supports up to 85hz but no higher). I swapped my displayPort cable for a HDMI and went back to 60hz because my monitor wouldnt go lower than 100hz with the displayPort cable.

My problem is, my laptop refresh rate is set to 120hz I believe. I went into Nvidia control panel, but there is no way for me to lower refresh rate. Any help appreciated  :)

I still have this issue with Kotor 1. Anyone else experience this also and know a fix? My laptop refresh rate is 120hz, am unable to lower it  :(

Help and thoughts greatly appreciated  :D

If you're not getting any help in a timely manner to your particular problem, I can also suggest you expand your search to / make a thread at the KOTOR Subreddit as well.  Hope you get a good solution 0- no matter where it comes from!

Hi guys. I still have an issue with KOTOR 1. My laptop has a 120Hz refresh rate and I am unable to lower it. Also when I start game, it is in a small window and am unable to change resolution, as no resolution options are listed in the game options menu. Has anyone else experienced this and/or know a fix? Any help greatly appreciated :D

Below are link to images:

http://imgur.com/Hs87lA0
http://imgur.com/iYylkhS
http://imgur.com/E9KHBUg
http://imgur.com/QmxFpKp

A 120Hz laptop? I am guessing that doesn't just use an integrated GPU. What does it have?

Widescreen won't work without patching the EXE. The Steam version can't be patched because the EXE is protected by DRM.

My laptop has an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 with 8GB VRAM. I do still have the 4 CD disc version. But have not installed it yet on my laptop.

Did you get this working Skeet?
If you right click on your desktop and select display settings.
Then display adapter properties
If you click the monitor tab, does it have the option to select 60Hz?

2S7gmCb.jpg

You don't need to touch the refresh rate of the monitor. The game's profile in the driver should cap the game to 60fps when enabling vsync anyway, but if need be you can always manually set the frame rate cap. That has nothing to do with widescreen though.

Ok, but I am unable to select any resolution in-game, none are listed. Has anyone had this happen to them also and/or know fix? I can play Kotor 2 just fine, but not Kotor 1...  :(

If you have used UniWS to patch the exe then you should just need to set the matching resolution in the ini file.

Crap, I can't even use UniWS. It found game for me, but am unable to input new resolution...

Update: I was abe to patch game, but WSGF said to then change in-game resolution, to select custom res... Nothing is listed...  :(

In the .ini file, there is a section for "Graphics Options" with the width, length, and fullscreen, etc. But there is no section for "Display Options". Shouldnt there be a section for that also with resolution settings? I thought res settings were in 2 sections in .ini file...

Crap, I can't even use UniWS. It found game for me, but am unable to input new resolution...

Update: I was abe to patch game, but WSGF said to then change in-game resolution, to select custom res... Nothing is listed...  :(

In the .ini file, there is a section for "Graphics Options" with the width, length, and fullscreen, etc. But there is no section for "Display Options". Shouldnt there be a section for that also with resolution settings? I thought res settings were in 2 sections in .ini file...

In TSL they're listed twice; in K1, only once.

Use my Google drive Link if you can't be bothered, I have EXEs set up for Widescreen 1920x1080 and HD Movies.

Attached is what I see in-game... That is game in windowed mode. If try full screen, it has windows bar on top and start bar on bottom...

post-10181-0-30266600-1503542996_thumb.png

The [Graphics Options] section of swkotor.ini for me is

FullScreen=1
AllowWindowedMode=0
RefreshRate=60
Width=1920
Height=1080

I tried adding "AllowWindowedMode=0". Still runs in window. Not sure what else to do or try..  :(