So.... I got the "Early Access" as a subscriber, so when I logged in on Wednesday to play, it downloaded a huge update that didn't finish until about 2 am.

So Thursday night, I finally get a chance to play it.

BUGS ENORMOUS!!!

First thing, they completely changed the interface - took me about 10 minutes or so to re-locate everything.

Also, it reset EVERYTHING - Class skills, Crew Skills, etc - all blank.

It re-organized my quick bars, so I had to go through and get them back to where I wanted them.

So.. after all that, which I admit isn't super-crappy, just kind of pain... I get a tutorial alert. So I click on said alert, and ALL of my quick-bars are blanked out and all of my class skills are gone AND unavailable - right at the beginning of the chapter. I had to bail (no tutorial every populated, either, and all of my tuts and codex's were GONE).

Please tell me some of the rest of you experienced this as well.... I haven't been playing this game quite long enough to know if this is pretty typical for them, but I have got to say that they're Beta-Testers are BULLSHIT.

The new interface is awful, I admit. But there's one thing that every KotOR fan will be happy to hear: TSL music everywhere in KotET!

Do you have to play Knights of the Fallen Empire first before KoteT?

I guess technically no...but there isn't really any point. SWTOR: Knights of the Eternal Empire is a direct continuation of KotFE.

Not like the Hutt Cartel into Shadow of Revan, where they didn't really pertain to each other except as a way for the writers to toss ideas around.

If you haven't played KotFE at all, then you really should, it was a good Star Wars story

POST UPDATE:

So THIS and THAT

Long story short, they changed a LOT and still working some bugs out. Which means I'm going to have to back out of KotET and refresh myself with my Sith Warrior... They REALLY changed a lot.

So.... I got the "Early Access" as a subscriber, so when I logged in on Wednesday to play

That was your first mistake. As I said in reply to one of Sith Holocron's status updates, always give any new content at least a week or two before bothering with it. Hopefully by then they have patched out the worst of the inevitable bugs.

And don't blame the beta testers. Every major release you hear reports from people that played in closed betas and on the public test server that bugs in the live game were reported well in advance, but nothing was done about them. The problem rests solely with Bioware.

• Like 1

That was your first mistake. As I said in reply to one of Sith Holocron's status updates, always give any new content at least a week or two before bothering with it. Hopefully by then they have patched out the worst of the inevitable bugs.

And don't blame the beta testers. Every major release you hear reports from people that played in closed betas and on the public test server that bugs in the live game were reported well in advance, but nothing was done about them. The problem rests solely with Bioware.

Such is the nature of software development