Sign in to follow this  
Effix

Hello there!

tumblr_mzmvbvsxBg1qdku5lo1_500.gif

Hey guys, I'm new here, nice to meet you.
Milestails asked me on Steam to come here and I did, it's nice to be back at a place where I can share TSLPatcher mods without the Steam restrictions.

I'm currently 37 years old and from the middle of The Netherlands. I think I started gaming around 1988, fan of Star Wars since some years after that.
I wasn't really into RPG's... and then there was KotOR, that fixed that, loved it.
I love tweaking things and so after playing these 2 great games I started to look into modding. I think I published 1 mod for KotOR and a bunch for KotOR 2 (around 2010-2011). I lost interest for a while, played other games including SWTOR.
Then quite recently I saw KotOR 2 on Steam because of a discount and felt like replaying that. I kept backups of most mods that I published and felt like keeping those alive, so I turned those into Steam mods and published some things I had not published before. I learned that there's quite a few limitations to Steam mods that the TSLPatcher used to take away, that's a reason why I'm here.
I also learned that FileFront and LucasForums are no more, a real shame, I had my old mods there but more importantly a lot of modding knowledge is lost :(
I hope I can do here what I did on Steam and we'll see after that. There's also some things that are very unpractical there but way more doable here with the TSLPatcher.

That's it for now, have fun & see you around

• Like 6

Welcome! What was your alias for your previous mods? They may exist on nexusmods.com that's basically a good kotor modding site. Someone there backed up several older kotor mods.  Though nexusmods is nowhere near as good as Deadlystream, because it lacks the community support that Deadlystream has.

Thanks guys.

My alias was Effixian. I think about 3 mods got uploaded to sites without me knowing, but personally I don't mind.
I even found one for KotOR that I did not back up, so that was nice (:
None on nexusmods I think, maybe if they block Google from looking at their content.