Sign in to follow this  
Salk

[KotOR] Ancient Ruins: Bug opening a container

Hello!

Have you also experienced the situation illustrated in the picture below? Practically the game doesn't manage to place the PC in a good enough position to open the container. All it happens is that the PC tries to get to the right spot but can't. The character is stuck in an endless, shaky loop until you interrupt the action.

post-8946-0-05063500-1472497468_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

That darn container. Yup, I recall that one.

Despite not having played KOTOR1 for ages.

It's pretty much the first room going left entering the tomb IIRC.

Yes, I can confirm what HH said: first room going to the left of the entrance.

Eauxps: are you sure you found a way to open that container?

I tried any possible angle without succeeding.

Yes, I can confirm what HH said: first room going to the left of the entrance.

Eauxps: are you sure you found a way to open that container?

I tried any possible angle without succeeding.

Um, maybe not. I don't recall the bug happening with any specific container; it just happens for me with a lot of different ones.

At any rate, I don't think that any of the containers there have anything that you'll need that much anyway...

At any rate, I don't think that any of the containers there have anything that you'll need that much anyway...

Probably just OCD at this point.

I simply loathe bugs.

I doubt you qualify for diagnosing mental disorders at any rate.

What? I didn't mean that literally, what I meant by that is how (at least I) people generally need to loot in RPGs if the option is there. Doesn't matter if it's crap, it annoys me to no end to leave something behind like that. 

But anyway, the entire Temple of the Ancients is bugged. All of it. Especially the containers, I can list them here if anyone is curious. 

What? I didn't mean that literally, what I meant by that is how (at least I) people generally need to loot in RPGs if the option is there. Doesn't matter if it's crap, it annoys me to no end to leave something behind like that.

I misunderstood then.

That's how I am with KOTOR too. On the other hand, just a little bit of playing Skyrim changed my opinion on how much I should loot in that game (Darned carry weight limit...)