Sign in to follow this  
Salk

[KotOR] XP Reduction

Hello!

It is a known fact that it is impossible (without messing with the .exe file) to work around the level cap in the game so I was wondering if there is already a modification that lower the overall XP gained throughout the whole game.

It is an interesting concept and would help going around this artificial limit, although ideally you should reach the highest level by harvesting as many XP as possible.

Cheers!

Thanks, N-DReW25.

It was indeed what I was thinking of. I made a search but I should have checked better.

I am wondering (because I forgot) how many XP one ends up with by the end of the game though.

• Like 1

One thing that bothers me is that there seems to be no way to modify the Skill points awarded at level up.

Of course if anyone knows how to do it, I'd love to find out!

Guest R2-X2

In classes.2da, search for the column "skillpointbase".

The formula for skillpoints per level up is (skillpointbase + INT-bonus)/2, rounded down. So a scout with 14 INT gets (6+2)/2=4 points per level up.

The formula for character creation is skillpointbase*2 + INT-bonus*4, so said scout would receive 20 points at the character creation.

If we double the skill point base we would manage to more or less give double skill points at level up but the player would get double amount at character creation as well, which is a no no. ;)

We'd need to change the formula and I fear that is embedded in the .exe file.