DarthRevan101

How to give dark side transitions to custom party member

After a long break I've decided to have a go at modding again, starting with improving my recruitment mod. I've made the dark side head and underwear textures and put them in the heads.2da and appearance.2da files, but nothing shows in game if I give the character a dark side alignment. Is it even possible to give party members dark side transitions? 

If it helps here are some pictures of what he's meant to look like before and after turning evil.

2LGZE96.png

LdjJTkQ.png

Where did you put them in the two 2da files? And how do you try to make him "transform"?

I don't really know how to answer your question without more details but I know for certain that party member DS transitions are possible in both Kotor games complete with portrait and everything except for the picture in the party selection screen in K1. So you must be doing something wrong, I just don't know what^^

Where did you put them in the two 2da files? And how do you try to make him "transform"?

I don't really know how to answer your question without more details but I know for certain that party member DS transitions are possible in both Kotor games complete with portrait and everything except for the picture in the party selection screen in K1. So you must be doing something wrong, I just don't know what^^

I put them in the headtexte, headtexve, headtexvve and headtexvvve. I assume that isn't right then. I just cheated in max dark side points to make him transform, since that works for the PC.

I put them in the headtexte, headtexve, headtexvve and headtexvvve. I assume that isn't right then. I just cheated in max dark side points to make him transform, since that works for the PC.

No, that's exactly right. I'd guess that the cheat didn't work somehow (as I've no other idea...). Try opening your savegame where he should be darksided in KSE and check if he actually is.

You need to edit portraits.2da. That's the one that controls head textures.

All right I'll try that but what about the dark side underwear too?

which party member slot are you trying to over ride? Do some of them have it hard coded not to use DS transitions? I can't remember off the top of my head.

DR101, could you post a screen shot or a text code box or something of your appearance, heads, and portraits.2da lines? That might help someone spot a potential problem.

which party member slot are you trying to over ride? Do some of them have it hard coded not to use DS transitions? I can't remember off the top of my head.

DR101, could you post a screen shot or a text code box or something of your appearance, heads, and portraits.2da lines? That might help someone spot a potential problem.

It's T3-M4, which I think is the problem. I'll post a screenshot when I can though anyway.