ttlan

Daraala has definitely gone

Hi VP,

I am not able to find a_stock_dara. Kotor tools don't show me this script, nss nor ncs.

I am thinking, alone:

Can we do it completely differently?

Would not it make more sense (yes, that would be more logical, but is it technically feasible) to generate the lottery when we found the will (on the second salvager corpse), store it in a global variable (a list of variables for a list of IDs ?), and then show it in the Daraala store or in the inheritence given by Zherron, depending on the progress?

I do not know if we can pass info from a module to an other one in an other maner than using the global variables.

If we deal with Daraala, Daraala goes: she disappears in an invisible area of the map but remains on the map (for example, behind the temple of Rakatas). The inheritence is added to her inventory. Whenever this module is open, we test the position of Daraala. If she is hidden, she returns, really quietly and walking, crossing the plains.

If we deal with Zherron, this is the same inheritance Zherron give us with the spécific item.

Just a thought from someone who never develop in the world of gaming.

I am not able to find a_stock_dara. Kotor tools don't show me this script, nss nor ncs.

That's because the script is contained under Rims and in the 605dan_s.rim

Would not it make more sense (yes, that would be more logical, but is it technically feasible) to generate the lottery when we found the will (on the second salvager corpse), store it in a global variable (a list of variables for a list of IDs ?), and then show it in the Daraala store or in the inheritence given by Zherron, depending on the progress?

I do not know if we can pass info from a module to an other one in an other maner than using the global variables.

If we deal with Daraala, Daraala goes: she disappears in an invisible area of the map but remains on the map (for example, behind the temple of Rakatas). The inheritence is added to her inventory. Whenever this module is open, we test the position of Daraala. If she is hidden, she returns, really quietly and walking, crossing the plains.

If we deal with Zherron, this is the same inheritance Zherron give us with the spécific item.

Just a thought from someone who never develop in the world of gaming.

It might be possible to do it this way, but guess what - how do we know it's what Obsidian intended? This is where things stray away from what OE intended for the game, and what we want to do with the game.

Guess which I'm for? The latter.

Guest HaVoKeR

You guys still talking about this? why don't make a mod about it or something, and in RCM she gives you some extra items for getting the bodies back (instead of new inventory) and everyone is happy...

She dupes you, why the hell would she gibe you some extra items?

And VP, I'll PM you with the script I desire.

Guest HaVoKeR

She dupes you, why the hell would she gibe you some extra items?

And VP, I'll PM you with the script I desire.

Well she may look rough now, but maybe deep inside of her heart she's a sensitive bi**ch hahaha... and when you give her their fellow bodies...

{She's trying to conceal her pleasure at having duped the PC}

Yeah, sure sounds like she sees the light...

Well she may look rough now, but maybe deep inside of her heart she's a sensitive bi**ch hahaha... and when you give her their fellow bodies...

Hardly. She sells Jedi artifacts, she doesn't give them away for free. If anything, the particular items should be added to Daraala's store inventory.

To summarize:

Daraala is a pure commercial, very unpleasant, that sells Jedi artifacts more expensive than all other vendors. If she buys the will of the dead salvagers, it's not for Light Side. It is to do business. To recover, to steal, what they had found, and that Zherron keeps now, and put it on sale.

Make her disappear with the first inventory, for which we have not had time to buy anything, and with the second inventory, for which she paid the will, is to introduce a major bug in an attempt to correct a minor bug.

We gave her the will, an action that earned us the mockery of Jorran (proof that OE has "thought" the stuff) that understands what Daraala will do: she will recover the all stuff and just put everything on sale.

TTLan

No, it's a bug alright.

Very obvious if you read the scripts.

EDIT:

No-one stopping you from making a mod to re-break it, but it's not going to be a part of TSLRCM.

So tell me why she bought the dead bodies by ensuring that the will is in their pockets?

You would dare say that it's a bullshit in the history writing by Chris Avellone, that he has planned this "freely", without any connection, any intent!

To claim the reward for her own. As every salveger and thugh tries to.

It's a side-quest. And yeah, she duped you if you give them to her. Why should being duped be better than not? Answer; it isn't...

Yes, she duped me. We agree. If we do not understand it, simply go touching two words with Jorran about that. This is in the script. The intention to dupe the player is in the storyboard. The question is not there.

Yes, she claims the "reward", the legacy, for herself, as all other salvagers and thugs have tried to do before her, which irritates Zherron. Again, that is not disputed.

Once and for all, the question is: “Why does she do that?”“Why does she spend 1000 credits?”

To merely put those objects which she gets on her mantelpiece or to resell them?

Do not tell me that Obsidian's intention were that Daraala recovered the legacy and did not do anything with it! Please do not tell me that she only did that for the fun!

I think you have a better understanding than that of the game.

Tell me the truth. Tell me that it is very difficult to rewrite that scene and that the team prefer cutting the scene (in a MOD whose intentions are to restore scenes!)

I am still furious about it.

Not this again...

Being duped isn´t better than not duped. The bug was pretty obviously an error, not intended behavior.

She spends 1000 credits to GET THE LOOT. The biggest haul ever.

Tell me that it is very difficult to rewrite that scene and that the team prefer cutting the scene

While I could tell that, that would be a lie...

I think that all is arround the notion of LOTTERY and INHERITANCE:

There is not a second lottery. This was a mistake.

a_stock_dara starts with

if ((GetLocalBoolean(OBJECT_SELF, 58) == 0)) {

SetLocalBoolean(OBJECT_SELF, 58, 1);

as VP recalls

The legacy of the dead salvagers is not a lottery. This is a unique list, fixed in advance, of artifacts. Or Meetra retrieves this list at Zherron office (and Meetra win a DS with Zherron for having fiddled and hijacked the will), or it ends up in the inventory of Daraala (and Meetra win a LS with Daraala for bringing back the corps) . That's it.

At Zherron office is added the last piece to make a first lightsaber, if this piece has not been found yet.

The additional lottery, at Zherron office, for a long or short or double sword lightsaber is dropped. Anyway, it's a loot of Jedi artifacts, so there is no double sword (unless form XI is taught at Dantooine Enclave, or it came from a museum or private collection or from Bastila or blah blah blah ...).

Edited by ttlan

I have no clue what you just said, but every vendor has that piece of code. It's to prevent a second inventory to spawn, and a third, a fourth etc.

Daraala was deleted and re-spawned fresh. As such, no Local Boolean 58, 1. Result; A second inventory was spawned. That's a bug though, not intended behavior, as can also be seen by her restarting her entire convo instead of going "{She duped the player}har har, thanks for helping!"

There is no 'unique list', 'fixed in advance' etc.

I still have no answer to my question: why she bought the corpses?

Idea: generate the lottery when we found the second corpse. And the list is the same at Daraala's shoop or Zherron office.

Because she, like everyone, want "the biggest claim ever"...

Stop kicking into touch. :P

Stop pass the buck. :P

Stop puns on that issue. :P