Sith Holocron

Texture Request

A hat, with the XCOM logo on it, on a smiley face.

ndix should so put that kind of easter egg in there...

It's a reskin not restored content. But once it is.done, it should be uploaded.

Meh.... Potato, Tomato... if you get that little joke i swear you will start using it...

So ndix still is not done yet? Hmmmm. I guess I could send him a PM and see what is going on or if he needs a bit of help.

Yeah guys, sorry, I am close, just been doing some life things and working on other skins and modeling tools ... I also took a run at trying to upscale the kotor 1 menus (via hexediting) because they drive me insane. (but let's not get off topic w/ that...TLDR, it didn't work)

I am going to try and finish this out today though ... I'm hoping this next round of update is going to be 'the one,' because yeah, as DarthParametric said, not sure how much more time I want to spend on this vs. other things.  I don't have the texture on me right now, but I can say that I've redone the front base (under the panel), given many of the metal surfaces more/better texture, removed the Arabic numerals from the screens, and changed up the text content a bit. I tried changing up the light pattern but I don't like what happened, so that's the one major outstanding thing right now. I don't need it to be perfect ... just ... better.

oh ... and I definitely see the hat now, LOL

• Like 1

Sounds good! I really cant wait to see the great results! It is OK to be a bit nitpicky: we all do it - and self scrutinize.

alright, I've got a version I'm pretty happy with ... unless people have major issues and/or easy improvements, I'll probably call it good.

Console2Kb2.7z

I'm definitely happy to add an info.txt and release it on the site, that would be great ... perhaps I will reach out to

M4-78 EP folks ... does anyone know if this thing is used anywhere else in-game? It would be nice to be able to caution people against downloading it if they aren't using an M4-78 mod, for example. I also have a 1K cutscene-compatible skybox to offer them ...

I used mdlops 0.7a2 to de/recompile my models ... does someone with more experience know if that's a reasonable version to have used for this? It definitely seems to work in-game and looks 'fine' as far as I can tell, but, having read a lot about mdlops ... the versions seem to each have their idiosyncrasies, and I don't want people to have issues if it were to become widely used.

Also wondering whether there's any merit in releasing the non-animated version alongside the animated one...

Thanks to all testers and commenters.

• Like 1

I like this texture, even if it is pretty clean compared to the surroundings, but it is a vast improvement on the vanilla.

Unfortunately i was not able to view the finished product in game, because i do not have a save that far in, so i will try later to check it out.

So the only model i could see it on was the one you sent me that had unfinished UVs on it. or maybe i was pointing blender to the wrong stuff. But that is no big deal.

it looks like a solid piece of work.

Since i dont use mdlops 0.7 yet, there is a difference between your bin model and what TSL usually outputs, thus the reason for my difficulty converting it to ascii. so thanks for the conversion.

alright, I've got a version I'm pretty happy with ... unless people have major issues and/or easy improvements, I'll probably call it good.

Would you mind showing off a screenshot of the new texture?

Once you upload it, don't forget to include a read-me file that explains how to install it. The instructions should also be in the mod description as well.

Here are some screens. Working on an info file etc.

TOjWFfn.jpg

jSusm14.jpg

enfsclD.jpg

Also, just as a side note regarding the giant duplo button issue. I actually see those as outlet covers, not buttons. The idea is that they would roll over, revealing the ports where droids would connect to the console. Also where the security spike would get used or whatever.  In the original texture they seemed to be actual port outlets, I just liked the 'port covers' approach a little better. I guess I could have made one of them rolled open to make it explicit ...

That looks fantastic!

It looks just the right level of complex without interfering with the visual scheme in the level, and, man it fits in perfectly in that scene. :)

I think you guys might want to see the animation so I made this video. You don't need to watch the whole video as the first 20 seconds does the job nicely.

Well done, ndix UR!

for some reason i want to hear witches doing a VO of shakespeare's macbeth "bubble bubble toil and trouble" to go with the music and the animation. and a bunch of star wars computer beeps and boops.

would either make it more evil, or make it funny. either way a win win.

great job Ndix! i really like how it worked out.